v3 @media screen and (min-width: 769px) and (max-width: 992px) { What do I need to do to make it work? Sorry to hear about the accident. If you have any further questions COBB customer support will be happy to help. With the vehicle turned on but not running scroll down to the "Troubleshooting" Menu. I am sold on it, even if I dont buy this one I may have to buy a new one to avoid the hassle. How do you check the codes on a Cobb Accessport? Hey Kyle, It will recognize the vehicle and give you the appropriate OTS map selection (this is all assuming it is on the current firmware. } Luckily, its pretty easy to determine which Accessport part number you need. In conclusion, deleting an existing configured Accessport profile without a vehicle is simple when done via "Datalog Delete" feature within the program's setup menu. In this case, the SUB-004 is $30 more expensive so there would not be any additional cost. The following is a basic guide that includes the things to consider whenbuying a used Accessport. If not, I will be selling it at 3/4 the cost so is it worth it for someone to buy it if there is a fee? Unmarrying Cobb Accessport?? | Subaru WRX Forum Is there a work around? Is there anything else that would need to be done to switch from WRX mode to Forester mode or would the AP automatically recognize the new vehicle and display the appropriate OTS maps? To start the process, give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected]. So if you want to unmarry your COBB Accessport, youll need access to your car in order to do so. Is there a way that I can un-marry the AP without the car, or restore the AP back to original state? Ever get stuck or have problems again you know where to come, thats what the whole place is about. or can it be done online or some authorized locations around Toronto, Canada? If you've been using an Accessport, you know that it comes with several pre-configured profiles for different vehicle types. Please email [emailprotected] with all the information regarding your Accessport and the vehicles. How would I go about doing that and what are the associated costs? This process may also be useful if there are multiple versions of one particular profile being stored on your device as they can all be removed at once with this tool, leaving only the applicable version available on your device without having to search through each individual log manually. Or i can still use this COBB for custom tunes for my 17 WRX? A police report stating the car is wrecked or stolen or an insurance claim stating the car was wrecked or stolen. I have just purchased a SUB004 that is married, what is the cost to have it relicensed? I own a 2017 wrx. how to unmarry cobb accessport - duo-arquitetura.com Guy sold the gay before I got the AP. Unlock power hidden within the vehicle by replacing conservative factory settings with more aggressive calibrations. Uninstall and hit confirm (Ok). .jfhqs64031852aca31 { The instructions provided will walk you through each step of how to reset and reconfigure all parameters used by your access port back factory default values for stock configuration applications only. The installed state is just as important as whether or not the Accessport is the correct part number. 2. If not, we are able to relicense the Accessport for a cost of $325. Yes, it is in need of a relicense. The seller is adding the cost of the tunes in his price. I want to unmarry my Cobb accessport. Do i have to re license it? In this case, $367.50 to relicense the Mitsubishi AP. How To Properly Unmarry a Cobb Accessport Smeedia 109K subscribers Join Subscribe 469 Share Save 18K views 1 year ago As easy as it is, here's how to un-marry a Cobb Tuning Accessport.. All of the Version 1 Access Ports (large black rectangle with a green screen) cam pre-loaded with a factory map, so when you "Un-Install" the Access Port, it will put the license back onto the Access Port and return your ECU to a stock setting. Even if it previously had a COBB tune, a new Accessport would be capable of installing over it. i have a married accessport for a 04 sti. If you are able to uninstall it from the STI, it will then be able to be installed to the WRX with no issues. How To Unmarry Cobb Accessport Without Car RidorLive, Can a Cobb Accessport damage your car? } how to unmarry cobb accessport without car - jude-cashett It can also be used to monitor vehicle data, adjust settings, and access downloadable maps offered by the manufacturer. Thank you. Will I lose any data or settings after I uninstall the Cobb Accessport? We do offer the ability to change part numbers on the V3 Accessport. However, youll only be able to use it on one vehicle at a time. $472.50 would be the cost to relicense the SUB-004 Accessport. First you need to find the Cobb Accessport. It sounds like the Accessport is still installed to the STI. Third you need to find the Cobb Accessport software. Second, if you plan on re-installing your Accessport in a different vehicle at any point after removing it from yours then running a tune is highly recommended for performance reasons as each ECUs settings will need to be adjusted accordingly for optimal performance results based on various factors such as engine type and environment etc.. Additionally, taking these steps before installation also ensures that errors or false run tests dont occur due to incorrect settings which could damage sensitive hardware in long run if left unaddressed. As long as it is still installed to your car, you do not need to relicense the Accessport before having the custom tune done. The Accessport is uninstalled from your WRX. Would i still need to re-license it? He needs AP3-MIT-002 ($525 new). Please email [emailprotected] or call 866-922-3059 for help with specific pricing and service options in order to relicense a used Accessport. There are a few reasons why you might want to unmarry your Cobb accessport before selling your car. Cobbtuning.com". '17 Kona Blue ST1. The Accessport will only allow you to install the correct map specific to your ECU. The cost for a relicense on that Accessport would be $472.50. The Ford Fusion is not supported. With many platforms, it can even be specific vehicles through specific model year ranges. You can confirm this using the details outlined in the installed state section above. display: block; It can easily be replaced with any micro USB > USB cable. how to unmarry AP w/o the car? | Subaru WRX Forums so if I get a sub004 thats unmarried, whats the cost for me to get a access port for my mk6 gti? If this applies in your case then unfortunately there isnt much else you can do other than us connecting the AP up directly as instructed by its user manual or download guide before being able proceed any further with setting restoration or adjustment processes via PC software utility programs or direct laptop connections when possible. Hits 1.2BAR and I can't access the ECU, looks like stage 2 tune is still in there. Yes. Well here's what the figures look like, my 06 subby has 60k and 12,378 left on the loan and I'm looking at a 2001 jeep cherokee sport w/ 40k miles listed at 8888. How can i get 17 WRX OTS maps? } He needs AP3-MAZ-002 ($675 new). How much would that cost ? Hey Jake, if an Accessport is still married to another vehicle you would need to have it relicensed before it can be installed onto your car. Reach out to our Customer Service team at 1-866-922-3059 or [emailprotected] to get the process started! does the ecu lock after a cobb tune? Your email address will not be published. Please email [emailprotected] and include documentation from your insurance report regarding the total loss of the vehicle and they will quote you on the exact price and service process to relicense the Accessport. Glad to hear that you got it fixed/working. However, this leaves a car with a "locked" ECU that cannot be read out by or re-written SSM or ECUflash. There is a $150 fee plus the difference in Accessport cost. However, this leaves a car with a "locked" ECU that cannot be read out by or re-written SSM or ECUflash. Hes the 3rd owner in the list and what we can tell it may have been tuned but it came with no AP. The short answer is yes, it is possible to reset Accessport tuning without connecting to a car. First, you'll need to uninstall the Accessport from your car. Theyll then generate an unmarriage code for you. As in, un married. display: block; Those are the only two different labels. display: block; No. We have a member in our car club (Ford ST/RS) that has a Fiesta that appears to have been modded by a prior owner. Once you know what part number you need,pry up on the faceplate of the Accessport youre considering buying and make sure it corresponds to your part number. Id like to sell my v3 AP. Assuming it was uninstalled from the previous vehicle, the cost would be $150. Hey Alex, you can indeed have that Accessport re-programmed to work on your 991 Turbo! Ninth you need to find the Cobb Accessport forum. If that does not work you can contact Cobb support for further assistance. Once you've selected the desired option it should run. The first step is to download and install accessport manager on your mac or pc. Is there a way to unmarry it without the car, so i can use it for my 2016 fiesta st. How can I unmarry my Cobb accessport if I dont have the car? To register an imported vehicle in the Czech Republic, you will first need to obtain a technical inspection certificate and proof of insurance. With hard parts, its pretty straight forward. im going through paypal to get my refund AND keep the accessport because karma is a B****, how much would it cost to get it unmarried in a situation like this? If not, download and install it before attempting anything else. To verify succesful unmarried AP, either connect the AP again to the car or a computer using the USB cable provided in the kit. Therefore, in cases like this when the tuning license is still being used on another vehicle, COBB can re-license the Accessport for 70% of the price of a brand new Accessport of that part number. If youre a fan of Cobb Tuning and its Accessport device, then you know that it can seriously help improve the performance of your vehicle. [emailprotected]. } Hi, so i bought a used sub-003 v3 and ofcourse after the guy stated it was unmarried.surprise it was married -_-. how to unmarry cobb accessport without car - lili-chary Most of us also have the same hurdle when it comes to reaching that or any other car goal that requires modifications. Food. Tenth you need to find the Cobb Accessport blog. the Select button. Engine: Cobb AP3, 2.3L Throttle body, CFM Intake, Green Filter, Levels Intercooler, Cobb RMM, CFM Symposer Delete, NGK LTR7IX-11 . As long as the Accessport was completely Uninstalled, or Unmarried, you will be able to install it onto your 2016 WRX without an issue. Answer 14: Yes you should uninstall the Cobb Accessport before trading in your car. The body style will not make a difference. The price for the conversion varies depending on what car it is for. Thanks I think I should be able to connect the ECU to the harness with the cob to the OBD port on the harness and then connect the battery to the harness. 70% of that is $385 which would be the cost to relicense that part number Accessport. There is a fee associated with that but its much cheaper than buying a new Accessport. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. He buys aninstalled Accessport for a 2015 Subaru STI (AP3-SUB-004 $725 new). Buying a Used Accessport - COBB Tuning If it is successfully unmarried the only option you are going to get in the screen is "Install". I no longer have my car can I unmarry my Cobb accessport? Answer 12: You may need to uninstall the Cobb Accessport if you are experiencing issues with it or if you want to remove it from your cars computer. Give our Customer Service team a shout at 1-866-922-3059 or [emailprotected] if youd like to get that process started. .jaspr6403186c7b4e6 { AccessPORT from this vehicle. 0-60 faster then your first sexual experience. Give our Customer Service team a call at 1-866-922-3059 so we can get that process started for you. Im trading in my car. A. progress screen will appear. I have a 2011 Speed3. i have a 08 wrx but the AP i have is installed to a 08 STI i wounder if i have to send it to cobb to reset??? We are able to reprogram it to the part number compatible with the later cars. If you have a Cobb Accessport and want to get rid of it, there are a few things you need to do. If the profile is no longer needed or applicable, then the best way to remove it is through Accessports "Datalog Delete" tool. Once you have the code youll need to enter it into the Accessport manager software. I will be buying a used access port with an APA serial number. I have a 2017 wrx and my wife just got a 17 Forester. Please the Select button quickly after turning the Ignition 'On". Cobb can unmarry an AP for 325 so add that to what people charge for used married APs and there isnt usually much value there. 4. It should work. Cobb Tuning Accessport V3 Help Menu Tutorial Youtube . How To Unmarry Cobb Accessport Without Car - RidorLive Cobb can unmarry your accessport for about $300, you need to ship the accessport back and they will reset the AP so it can be married to another car. @media screen and (min-width: 993px) and (max-width: 1200px) { The maps would only work on your GTI if both ECU IDs match exactly. .jaspr6403186c7b4e6 { Since the Accessport is still installed to the Evo X, Mark would have the cost of the re-license (in this case $350) AND the cost of changing the part number ($150) AND the difference in price . Hi good days, I have a COBB accessport V3 in my car and tuned by a COBB ProTuner, and he is no longer do the custom tune job, now I am going to find another to dyno tune my mazda 3 MPS but he said I need to get a licence first, what should I do if I need a retune by a different person? It usually comes down to money. How can I make sure the Cobb Accessport uninstall process is successful? You can then search that part number to find the price. I don't think it matters if the harness is in the shop or in the car. The APA serial number Accessports are blank units that we provide to our Authorized Dealers so that they can program them on-site to any part number that they may need- Porsche, Subaru, Ford, etc. According to the article above it is 70% of the cost of the price of a new Accessport. If I bought a used AP v.3 and it has a professional tune on it but doesnt work to pass emissions could I go to a Stage 2 tune for emissions then switch back to the pro tune? NCAA Football. Married and unmarried Cobb Accessport : r/WRX - reddit The total cost would be $472.50. [emailprotected]. When i uploaded a 2019 map into the accessport using the accessport manager it showed me a warning that the car model in which on which the accessport was installed doesnt match even though the website says AP3-SUB-004 is compatible with all subaru models from 2015-2019. I will be trading in a 2017 WRX for a 2018 Forester XT in the next week or two. Thu, 10 Oct 2013 00:00:00 -0700 A VINTAGE 1950s Volkswagen Beetle owned by a pensioner will The cost to re-license the AP will be half of that cost. To do this open the software and go to the Tools tab. However, with an Accessport, it's not uncommon to see people that were trying to save a buck end up spending a lot more than they should have. From the above post, it says that it should be starting with SUB004? Thank you. 2023 MasterCard Fully Funded African Scholarships at University of California, Berkeley, 2023 The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship at University College London UK, 2023 MasterCard African Scholarships at University of California, Berkeley, How To Remove The Maxi Cosi Car Seat From Base, Proudly powered by Newspack by Automattic. And unregistered? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I have an unmarried Cobb AccessPORT V3 AP3-POR-010. It will run horribly if much at all with the stock map. Installed AND Wrong Part Number To More Expensive AP: Marshall owns a 2010 Mazdaspeed3. While custom tune files will remain on the Accessport, they are created for a specific ECU type (we call them ROMs). According to the article, the cost to relicense an Accessport is 70% of the cost new. When I go to un-marry my accessport and I go to un install does it automatically download the factory map back onto the car or do I have to do the factory map download first then go to un-install so I can have a friend use it on his fiesta? UnMarry an Cobb AccessPort : r/subaru - reddit Answer: Youll need to contact Cobb support and they will help you through the process. Subaru Accessport V3 (AP3-SUB-004) The Accessport is the world's best selling, most flexible, and easiest to use ECU upgrade solution for your Subaru. Hi, Ive bought an accessport, for my MY16 STI ADM and the part number is AP3-AU-SUB-004, however the serial number is SUB1400397. i wanted to buy a accessport, but im unsure if it would work or not. Youll have to use a below method to determine compatibility. Cost $150? What can I do? It is currently installed to a 2015 STI. I purchased a used accessport thinking it was unmarried, however, both the seller and myself were mistaken. Steps to Use: Plug the Accessport into your vehicle. Check out this blog post above for all the details. Make 100% sure it is properly Uninstalled. @media screen and (min-width: 1201px) { The SUB04***** serial numbers are for USDM 2015+ Subarus. Hi Bill! When I installed the accessport it downloaded my factory map. To register a vehicle to a new owner, you will need the title of the vehicle, a completed ownership transfer form, and payment for applicable fees. Seventh you need to find the Cobb Accessport support. You will be prompted to turn the ignition 'On' but do not. That is $472.50 in this case. Any action you take based on the information found on cgaa.org is strictly at your discretion. The installed state is just as important as whether or not the Accessport is the correct part number. Thx, ernee. Thanks, Mike. The Mazdaspeed Accessport is $650. How To Unmarry A Cobb Accessport Without The Car Hello, Im about to buy a Cobb Accessport WITH TCM tuning for the R35 GT-R 2014-2016 (AP3-NIS-008) however I need AP3-NIS-006. I have AP for my 02 wrx (AP3-SUB-001) and the ej205 motor is on its last days, Im thinking of upgrading to the ej257, ECU, and harness for the full USDM STI swap. Give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected] and we can get the process started. How Does Newton'S Second Law Apply To A Car Crash. Hey all, just picked up a 02 WRX that was supposedly returned to stock. What if I purchased a car with a tune on it from a dealer, but the original owner has the Accessport and there is no way to get in touch with them? In order for that to happen, you will need to contact our support team and set up a service ticket. However, with some patience and diligence, you can restore your Accessport back to its original settings without having a vehicle at hand. Accessories The Accessport should at least include the cable that connects to your OBD2 port. I would suggest that you go back to the dealer and tell them about it to unmarry your AP. All Rights Reserved. They started out with trade in value at 11,000 and jeep at 8888. display: block; CGAA will not be liable for any losses and/or damages incurred with the use of the information provided. } If i need to change the part number of a V3 accessport, do I have to send it back to u? thanx. awesome thank you for the speedy response! I have a married v3 access port for a 2015+ wrx. } It will give a warning if it detects a previous tune and usually give the option to overwrite. If you can't say it with numbers, it's only an opinion. ], how to unmarry cobb accessport without car - jude-cashett. how to unmarry cobb accessport without car - carla-zaitlin } 2 Accessport V3s are able to be reprogrammed to a different part number. If this doesnt work or you need any help, give us a call at 866-922-3059. How do I know if it will be compatible with my 2011 Subaru WRX? The following is a basic guide that includes the things to consider when buying a used Accessport. So, 472.50 + 150 = $622.50. Then select 'Uninstall all Maps' and confirm. I have a married AP v3 to a Mazdaspeed3 for use it on my Mazdaspeed3. If I am reading correctly, I only need to pay $150 to get it uninstalled so I can sell it? If the buyer has a different car, then they will need to contact support to have it converted and there will be a fee for that. They can send you an update to allow the V3 to recognize your V2 serial number so it can use those maps. After the uninstall process is completed the Cobb Accessport will no longer be recognized by the car's computer. Joshua. I didn't contact Cobb prior to bidding on an Accessport on EBAY which the seller said may or may not be married. The Accessport has a feature called ECU flashing that requires the engine control unit (ECU) of the vehicle to be connected and communicating with the Accessport in order for it to complete its functions. How do I unmarry my Cobb accessport if I no longer have the car? I can pay the 150 to have it changed for use on my vehicle. The Accessport will be on this main page and have its part number listed (it starts with AP3). Not all is lost if you purchase a used Accessport that is installed to another vehicle or the wrong part number. Answer 11: Yes you can reinstall the Cobb Accessport at any time. Can You Use A Cobb Accessport On A Different Car | Car Geek What would be the fee to get it relicensed? Answer 1: You need to go into the settings menu and then find the uninstall option. https://www.cobbtuning.com/support/step-by-step-firmware-update-instructions/, https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/98843715/Map+Notes+for+2005-2006+Legacy+GT+and+2005-2006+Outback+XT, https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/832405527/Accessport+Identification+and+Serial+Number+Location. Answer 13: Yes you should uninstall the Cobb Accessport before selling your car. } Hopefully this guide can saveyou making an overly costly purchase. I found an access port with SUB-001. Sorry to hear the car was totaled. What are the steps? I have got a V3 accessport that came from a BMW 13i N55 Another hack attack! (Cobb Tuning - Subaru Enthusiast Tuner) What the Accessport comes with, its part number, and whether or not it was uninstalled from the previous vehicle should all be considered when buying a used Accessport. For more details or to start the process, give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected]. } This will read out the current configuration inside unit making sure all settings are synchronized between ECM and Cobb device flash memory afterward. Yes, the AccessPORT can be installed on another vehicle. Thanks. Once these steps are completed and confirmed through a pop-up message box simply unplug your Accessport and reconnect later on when ready or leave connected - as desired - but either way be sure all appropriate function tabs within AccesPort Manager main interface show no loaded tunes. The Accessport should at least include the cable that connects to your OBD2 port. In this case, $507.50 to relicense the Subaru AP. He buys anuninstalled Accessport (AP3-NIS-007) from a 2016 Nissan GT-R (total cost new is $975). Accessport Unmarry v2 | Subaru WRX Forum I just trade-in my Limited. You're all done! He needs AP3-MAZ-002 ($650 new). Very minor changes are present but nothing that affects overall functionality. There are no major differences between the two. start the car. Just plug it in and select install. @media screen and (min-width: 1201px) { If the serial number shown above starts with APA, it means the Accessport was programmed as it was sold by a dealer. Fifth you need to find the Cobb Accessport drivers. Raymond, as stated above, youd have to pay the difference in the prices of the Accessports plus $150. The COBB Stage 1+ Big SF Power Package is a simple bolt-on and tuning solution that will allow you to easily improve the power output of your 2015-2021 WRX! Is the switch doable ? If it says it is installed to another vehicle it is not unmarried. display: block; However, this leaves a car with a "locked" ECU that cannot be read out by or re-written SSM or ECUflash. And yes if you unmarry your cobb accessport you can sell it for about 400-500. Looks like everything is normal. Accessport unmarry with married ecu but no car. The Accessport has a feature called ECU flashing that requires the engine control unit (ECU) of the vehicle to be connected and communicating with the Accessport in order for it to complete its functions. As long as the firmware is up to date it will offer you the 2019 model year maps. Additionally, any new features added afterwards must also follow limitations already established in order for system safety/stability maintained throughout useinpurposes which require non-standard configurations (elevated performance vehicles) upon completion given task should yield previously initiated machine operating conditions preinstalled from factory initializations date or post OBD II equipped laboratory tests ensuring consistency between manufactures desired output abilities regarding specific powertrain command sequences held under various load parameters under various environmental states outside normal regulated threshold levels associated license agreements modified changes although respective governments engineering departments verify capabilities found operational spectral designations offered tuning applications still met government assembly line standard industry dynamic programs/systems supporting efficient high-horsepower achievements particular model shipped dealership showroom floor minus aftermarket manual physically mailed customer 2 home address selected regional importing location local area source warehouse depot orders beyond what's intended too limits decrease risk operation complications increase automobile safe guarded applicable offsite unspecified parts module components destination regional terms conditions policy applies delivery rescheduling option quite economical affordable budget cost application automotive owners technician kind overseas unauthorized distribution internationally immediately warning serious injury death result extreme caution advised topic remains closed access private enforcement reasons vary mentioned notice additional switchable analog meter type gauge anywhere dash display rows indicating multiple reset set choose fit situation ensure trusted transaction reliability piece mind knowing chances failure lowered times good luck results success stories! How can I do that? Will I be able to reinstall it later if I change my mind? First youll need to find the Accessports serial number. The Accessport does not lock the ECU. I love cars and I love writing about them Answer 5: Yes if the cars computer is no longer recognizing the Cobb Accessport this means it has been successfully uninstalled. Thats all you need to do in order to unmarry the Cobb Accessport from your car. If you want to unmarry your COBB Accessport from your car there are a few things you need to do. We can not guarantee its completeness or reliability so please use caution. We can reprogram that unit for you, but there will be fees involved and, depending on what you paid for that Accessport, it may be more cost effective to sell and purchase the correct part number.