Dave Short joined her there in 2016. 77 comments. After a few alterations by my mom, I was all set, although the styles werent anything like the clothing the girls I went to school with wore. The article, which was last edited in December 2022, asserts that Peter Turnquest serves as deputy leader to Michael Pintard. Letter: We can live without gas stoves. Both political parties put up unqualified candidates for office. What will become of our community? Over the years, it has done its job: shedding light on shady dealings by representatives of both parties. If the voters would make the parties accountable at the polls it might promote change for the better in our system. As with all businesses, there is overhead rent, utilities, employee payroll, etc. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Steve Cahalan: Aarons Reef aquatic pet store opens in downtown La Crosse, La Crosse man arrested in child sex sting, Aaron Rodgers is still with the Packers after his darkness retreat. Senior Taliya Michlig had the team's top individual performance with a 9.083 on the uneven bars. I feel confident in my decision. Letters: Our planet is the only home we have. The rejection of God given standards has consequences. The following area students completed degree requirements at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in December. One local shop I frequent, Second Time Around, has really expanded its offerings in recent years. About this app. I was in the local Walmart on Sunday, Jan. 22, with my daughter to do a little shopping. Quite. Todd Sommerfeldt can be reached at todd.sommerfeldt@lee.net or via Twitter @SommerfeldtLAX. Please allow the publishing of this open letter to the Minister of Education & Culture: I have often spoken about the concept of certainty and why it is important to the success of any endeavour. NEW OBITUARIES NOW UNDER ARCHIVES/TRIBUNE PDF EDITION. Unfortunately for me, my older sister was much slimmer than I was, so her clothes didnt fit me. 1 of 4 Justin Poley: Congress should come together for results Dec 11, 2022 On Dec. 3, Chris Talgo published an opinion piece for several papers, . This visit was just a political stunt, nothing more. Fax: (414)-223-5444. It is my passion to continue to offer support, education and resource connections to care partners and persons living with Alzheimers and other related dementias. Whether readying the workforce or investing in the next generation of Minnesotas community-leaders, institutions like Winona State are crucial for Minnesotas future. I was in the local Walmart on Sunday, Jan. 22, with my daughter to do a little shopping. Journalist. Coming from a large family, it made economic and every other kind of sense to pass clothes down from one child to the next. Thats not the best spot to start, said OHearn, whose team posted the best score of its season with a 141.6 at the Coulee Conference meet. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). My name is Trevor Sprague. Even clothes Im wearing, someone wore before. That was my dad to a T. Dad was a salesman by trade and could find a deal on virtually anything. Dakota Paulson picked St. Scholastica because of its distinguished physical therapy program.Paulson didn't think, however, he would learn so much about the major first-hand.Paulson, a 6-foot-2 . Ballards Resort makes vacation planning easy with lodging, fishing and meal packages to choose from that are perfect for families with kids, friend reunions and corporate trips. General . Todd Sommerfeldt - La Crosse Tribune, Wis. (TNS) Mar 3, 2023 20 min ago; Facebook; Sections of this page. Easily access the very latest news . Steien and senior Abby Thompson have become quite a duo during their careers at Blair-Taylor, and Thompson scores 18.4 ppg and leads the team with 6.7 apg and 6.2 spg. Wow what a wonderful gift -- to know what a beautiful world we live in. Janet will do a good job for us on the Supreme Court. As the season went on, the goal changed to the top two. Log In. Since 1968, the clock has stopped on a first down until the referee gives the ready-for-play signal. The Tribune invited candidates for four open La Crosse School Board seats to write a letter/column on why they are running and their thoughts on the recent referendum. Prairie du Chien (22-4) vs. Waupun (20-7) at Madison Edgewood, 1 p.m. Gutting this important ethics office will only make things worse. It was big and fluffy, but it wasnt the beautiful white kind I so coveted. Online access to the La Crosse Tribune 1905-1963 (Wisconsin residents only through BadgerLink) Online access to the La Crosse Tribune 1964-1977 is not available on the subscription site but you can browse to the Tribune and search . These articles were then either cut from the original Tribune or photocopied so that they could inserted (i.e. Peterson's performance keyed the big performance on what O'Hearn called the team's best event of the day. I think that BTC has completely lost the plot now. By Greeley Tribune letters to the editor. Recent events in and over our country once again illustrate what a poor leader we have in the White House. I have worked as a court reporter in this district for, Last fall I traveled from the Milwaukee area to represent my family in a sensitive court case in which Tim Gaskell was the prosecuting Distric. The PLP minister is correct. Also: Europe and Ukraine; private prayer; Fox News and Dominion Voting . RE: CHINAS position on the political settlement of the Ukraine crisis: WIAA girls basketball: A look at Saturday's sectional finals. Kimberly DeFazio and Robert Wilkie write that UW-La Crosse requires teachers in the humanities to quantifiably measure the effects of great books, and claim that something called evidence-based teaching is being forced on professors and has thus made a mockery of academic freedom by t. In last Sundays Tribune, the Strausses provided an excellent critique of John Rosemond. Feb. 21 is voting day. When I called back I got the message that it was BTC but we cant take your call right now. You have permission to edit this article. Tim would always say, Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and entitled to a defense under the law." First and best in western Wisconsin news http://www.lacrossetribune.com/ 1407 St Andrew St, La Crosse, WI 54603 I am writing in support of Tim Gaskell for Vernon County judge in the April 4 election. Donarski is a one of six finalists for the states Ms. Basketball award and averages 20 points, 8.1 assists, 5.4 steals and 5.1 rebounds for a team that has won 25 straight games. West Salem co-op's Kennedy Garbers pushes off the vault during one of her two attempts at the WIAA state gymnastics team competition on Friday at Wisconsin Rapids High School. History. Not everything a political opponent does breaks the law. Sophomore Lyda Aalsma has multiple Division I offers and has made 53 3-pointers on her way to a scoring average of 14.4 ppg. That is, do some research before you vote! (608) 782-9710. Letter: Swift action needed on clean energy. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Then, there are the Groupies. They listen to like-minded individuals to make their selections. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Here is where things stand, MLB sets up local media group to take over local TV broadcasts for Brewers, 16 other teams, Arrest warrant filed in stalking complaint, WIAA boys basketball: La Crosse Aquinas blasts Westby in D4 regional quarterfinal, La Crosse woman accused of assaulting woman with bottle, WIAA state wrestling: La Crosse Aquinas senior Tate Flege celebrates first title, WIAA state wrestling: Shramek executes throw, wins title for Blair-Taylor, Polzin: Why Wisconsin AD Chris McIntosh hasnt lost faith in Greg Gard, What's ahead for Wisconsin football recruiting and its revamped staff, Project Proven students seek to prove Landlord Mitigation Program, Salary details for 3 Wisconsin football assistants, Why jumping from rival Minnesota appealed to this Wisconsin assistant, KFC is bringing back a fan favorite after a nearly 10-year hiatus, Close to Home: Smart shopping includes shopping locally, Letter to the editor: Support Gaskell for Vernon County judge, Letter to the editor: Tim Gaskell knows the law, Letter to the editor: Gaskell's years of experience invaluable. Stuff in our apartment came from fathers store. la crosse tribune letters to the editor. But I was shocked to read that, as their first move after taking power, the new House majority approved a rules package that includes weakening the Office of Congressional Ethics. Author facebook West Salems beam score of 33.75 was only beaten again by Nicolets 34.75. The Blackhawks have won 11 games since a loss to Onalaska and are led by senior Ashlynn Knapps 12.9 ppg and 50 3-pointers. I have two suitcases I purchased there. That Ron DeSantis and others are making woke into a pejorative word that describes people concerned about the problems of racism demonstrates the truth of t. We feel that he has done this admirably, and . The controversy over the link between childhood vaccinations and autism is another example of how false information can detrimentally affect community health. We need to vote for responsible and talented people to govern us. 8. The West Salem High School boys basketball team beat Adams-Friendship 80-37 in a WIAA Division 3 regional semifinal on Friday. Please consider the following point when voting in the La Crosse County primary referendum question, and for the Wisconsin Supreme Court justice in the upcoming elections. La Crosse speaks up: Letters to the editor for the week of Jan. 27, 2023. lacrossetribune.com 1d. They assured us that this show would be appropriate for children and adults alike. The Cubans, who have just two seniors on their roster, are led by sophomore point guard Olivia Olson, a Division I prospect with an offer from Lindenwood (Mo.). Senior forward Alana Gilles and sophomore guard Lauryn Milne, both graduates of Lodi High School, were named to the 2022-23 All-Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Collegiate Conference Honorable . {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, John S Dudkiewicz: What to consider when voting, Mark Bell: Speed limit should stay 45 on rural highway, Kaileigh Weber: State leaders should invest in higher education, Andrew Sweeney: As a community, we must protect children, Florence Sandok: Supporting Potasiewicz for court, Arla Clemons: Do your homework before Supreme Court vote, Amy Brezinka: Volunteer for the Alzheimers Association, DeLoris Malmberg: 'Pay it forward' a wonderful gift, Gerald Duffrin: Concerns about our democracy, Steve Cahalan: Aarons Reef aquatic pet store opens in downtown La Crosse, La Crosse man arrested in child sex sting, Aaron Rodgers is still with the Packers after his darkness retreat. Please allow me space in your daily to touch on a vexing national concern, illegal and irregular communities aka shanty towns. La Crosse speaks up: Letters to the editor for the week of Feb. 17, 2023. Giants of the Earth Heritage Center presents another fascinating Passport to Other Cultures program on Thursday, March 9 at 6:30 p.m. We want our interns to walk away with a . Get opinion pieces, letters and editorials sent directly to your inbox weekly! It is biological scientific fact, proven through DNA testing, that every pre-delivered baby is a unique, individual, hum. report noise complaint chula vista. Following the election of a new speaker of the House, Congress can now carry out the work of the American people. Compare pay for popular roles and read about the team's work-life balance. It's going to flow better.". Im wearing second-hand hats, second-hand clothes, thats why they call me Secondhand Rose. And so goes the song, popularized by singer and film actress Fanny Brice in the early 1900s, then later, by Barbara Streisand in the movie, Funny Girl.. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. She understands the problems of Wisconsinites, having worked through college and law school as a waitress and non-profit administrator. Can recusal rules be tightened for big money contributions? One would have penalties that are accepted at the end of the first and third quarters enforced at the start of the following quarter rather than having an untimed down. The Times' letters to the editor are a collection of reader opinions, representing a wide range of perspectives on current issues. kagetsata.blogspot.com [unable to retrieve full-text content] Lee Rasch: Our electoral process . for $15,000. Confidence in government is already low because Congress consistently fails to deliver on the issues people care about. Voters will be wrapped up in their own lives, or will be indifferent to the wheels of government, or decide others can make the decision for them. The readership would know that the FNM deputy leader is St Barnabas MP Shanendon Cartwright. For a business that brings in $1,000 a day, six days a week, for example, that tiny 3 percent becomes $8,640 per year. Author facebook I want to show my family's support of Tim Gaskell for Vernon County judge. . The girls competed very, very well, but the scores didnt reflect what wed been seeing all season long. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Read more on lacrossetribune.com. Here's a look at the most-read letters to the editor this past year at lacrossetribune.com. It would allow the referee to use available video to make decisions on reviewable plays after a coach challenge. Get in-depth stories from the La Crosse area and beyond - including news, sports, opinion, obituaries, entertainment, and politics. However, most of us know that the speedometer is in kmh (kilometer per hour) and not mph (miles per hour). I grew up in La Crosse and received a great education in our public schools that I want to make sure is available for my three children. Aquinas senior Macy Donarski leads the Blugolds into a WIAA Diviisn 4 sectional final against Cuba City in Wisconsin Dells on Saturday. The NFL keeps the clock running on first downs the entire game, and Shaw said keeping the old rule in place the last two minutes of halves represents a "beautiful difference" between the pro and college games. These funds do not provide any transparency, often come from groups outside our state, cannot be regulated, and can have a significant impact on elections. Feb. 15 letters: At-large election of regional chair would dilute local democracy. She comes with excellent credentials and a strong background in diverse legal areas. Tim is now running for Vernon County Judge. 401 3rd Street North. They start conservative, and we probably had our lowest floor scores of the season. 1 of 19 Stove toon 8 hrs ago Stove toon Letters to the editor 18 hrs ago School board candidates must identify priorities I am thankful that we have so many . I am Jayne Ballwahn, lifetime resident of Vernon County. Both sides contributed millions of bit money and dark money to support a candidate, and this type of spending has increased in judicial races. Out of the way. Feb 17, 2023 Updated Feb 17, 2023. The DOJ, FBI, and police are under attack by Congress for doing their jobs. "You could say, Why did you change it at all? Aquinas, of course, counters with University of Montana commit Macy Donarski at the same position. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Letter to the editor: Tim Gaskell has courtroom experience. The Wildcats spent most of the season ranked No. I saw a story on the 10 p.m. news about wanting to lower the speed limit on County B from 45 to 35 out by North Woods International School for "safety" reasons. This is a burden shouldered by students and can often be a barrier for us to fully realize our dreams and economic potential. 1. Years later, this conclusion was proven false and we learned that Wakefield falsified the data in his study. Maybe the school district and city of La Crosse should have thought about these things before that school was built way out in the STICKS! Here is where things stand, La Crosse man arrested in child sex sting, Arrest warrant filed in stalking complaint, MLB sets up local media group to take over local TV broadcasts for Brewers, 16 other teams, WIAA boys basketball: La Crosse Aquinas blasts Westby in D4 regional quarterfinal, La Crosse woman accused of assaulting woman with bottle, WIAA state wrestling: La Crosse Aquinas senior Tate Flege celebrates first title, WIAA state wrestling: Shramek executes throw, wins title for Blair-Taylor, Project Proven students seek to prove Landlord Mitigation Program, What's ahead for Wisconsin football recruiting and its revamped staff, Why jumping from rival Minnesota appealed to this Wisconsin assistant, KFC is bringing back a fan favorite after a nearly 10-year hiatus, Salary details for 3 Wisconsin football assistants, Letter to the editor: Tim Gaskell has courtroom experience, Letter to the editor: Support Gaskell for Vernon County judge, Letter to the editor: Tim Gaskell knows the law, Letter to the editor: Gaskell's years of experience invaluable. Our weekly round-up of letters published in the La Crosse Tribune. Get the inside scoop on jobs, salaries, top office locations, and CEO insights. The paper was first founded in 1904, following a media scandal in which existing publications failed to report on the recent creation of a power monopoly in La Crosse. You can cancel at any time. Recently, Rep. Derrick Van Orden has been appointed to sit on the Transportation & Infrastructure House Committee. He wore the badge in exemplary style for many years and his stories were wonderful when he related them at Rosies where he and we were regulars. We need less government oversight, not more. I think this is just another government tactic to keep tabs on the citizenry. The Panthers finished just ahead of the third-place Elkhorn co-op (137.9167) and fourth-place Mount Horeb (136.05). La Crosse speaks up: Letters to the editor for the week of Jan. 20, 2023. The other would take away the option for a coach to call back-to-back timeouts during the same dead ball period. or. Mar. MADISON Jackson Shramek fully understood what stood between him and a WIAA Division 3 state championship on Saturday night. The Spartans are led by 5-foot-9 junior guard Julia Rybacki (14.5 ppg) and senior Heather Gaikowski (11.9 ppg, 8.2 rpg). La Crosse, WI 54601. Kelly is a quiet contemplative man, one who makes sound judgments. Thats starting to look like some real money. Please subscribe to keep reading. Close to Home: Smart shopping includes shopping locally. From reporting on all of your favorite teams to the news that matters most in your community, we cover it all. ERIC OLSON Associated Press. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Candidates with ethics would promote and improve our democracy. "They are a good bar team, and they did everything they've been practice like it was in practice," O'Hearn said. At times, he has strayed from fundamental mainstream psychological and medical science, and promoted controversial ideas that potentially have had adverse impact on his readership. This new digital currency would have tracking capabilities for both our carbon emissions as well as what we purchase. There are those who will be diligent, read the responses to specific questions presented to the candidates. Please subscribe to keep reading. You have 250 words remaining. Dear Editor: LETTER: Know your rights when dealing with medical bills. Todd Sommerfeldt has covered sports for the La Crosse Tribune since 2003 after doing the same previously in the Fox Cities and Rock County. Everybody on the committee was resolute: we're not going directly to the NFL rule.". However, I wish the minister would have demonstrated the level of bipartisanship that senior PLP statesman George Smith showed when he corrected an untruth about FNM delegates to the Constitutional Conference leaving before an agreement was reached in 1972. Facebook. Remember to vote on Feb. 21. In the . Accounting & Finance Center . Spring into new home & garden ideas with our newsletter: Get the latest local crime & courts coverage in your inbox with our newsletter: WIESER PRECAST & DORIC VAULTS - Ad from 2023-02-26, ITM NEWSPAPER MEDIA / ASSOCIATED BANK - Ad from 2023-02-26, MORROW HOME COMMUNITY - Ad from 2023-03-04, UFAH / UNITED FUND FOR THE ARTS AND HUMANITIES - Ad from 2023-02-26. The good thing was that they did not let it bother them.. Smart shopping will help keep these businesses thriving, and you well-clothed and fed for years to come. Nathaniel Shuda. Democracy requires us to not be lazy. This is a non-partisan position, but the extreme polarization that impacts other elected positions also impacts our court elections. It also means shopping locally using cash or check, rather than a credit card, whenever possible. The Office of Congressional Ethics is one of the only safeguards against corruption in Congress. On Feb. 21, the people of Wisconsin will vote for a Supreme Court Justice. Responses to Jeneen Interlandi's article and the accompanying editorial. Hunter Biden. Thrift & Consignment . Glenn Wolfe: Lincoln Middle School as homeless shelter? Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. I am Jayne Ballwahn, lifetime resident of Vernon County. dignity memorial obituaries riverside ca Facebook. Feb 26, 2023; Jovenel Mose's death has created a power vacuum for the local gangs to seize control over more than half of Port-au-Prince as the death toll rises from gang warfare . For them to not let that bother them and to keep rolling and keep plugging away, was amazing.. See all of La Crosse Tribune's headline news. Along with the thrift shops that have been around for decades which benefit from clothes donated by folks who clean out their closets now and then, I shopped at consignment shops that take in lightly worn, brand name clothing. Politics. Led by sophomore Megan Johnson (14.5 ppg, 9.7 rpg), West Salem has stormed into the sectional final with seven straight wins and its only losses coming to other teams Aquinas, Prairie du Chien playing for state berths on Saturday. Todd Sommerfeldt has covered sports for the La Crosse Tribune since 2003 after doing the same previously in the Fox Cities and Rock County. Also, with some exceptions, drones will not be allowed over the playing surface or the team area when teams are on the field. We are struggling with skyrocketing costs, food insecurity and a lack of resources for mental health issues. They assured us that this show would be appropriate for children and adults alike. Our roundabouts lack the necessary road signs to keep the motoring public safe. Cloudy this evening with showers after midnight. AccessNewspaperArchive. Letters submitted for publication should be on subjects of general interest and no more than 250 words in length. There is nothing good about grown men dressing up as women to get up on a stage and dance, especially if there are children present. Here is where things stand, MLB sets up local media group to take over local TV broadcasts for Brewers, 16 other teams, Arrest warrant filed in stalking complaint, WIAA boys basketball: La Crosse Aquinas blasts Westby in D4 regional quarterfinal, La Crosse woman accused of assaulting woman with bottle, WIAA state wrestling: La Crosse Aquinas senior Tate Flege celebrates first title, WIAA state wrestling: Shramek executes throw, wins title for Blair-Taylor, Polzin: Why Wisconsin AD Chris McIntosh hasnt lost faith in Greg Gard, What's ahead for Wisconsin football recruiting and its revamped staff, Project Proven students seek to prove Landlord Mitigation Program, Salary details for 3 Wisconsin football assistants, Why jumping from rival Minnesota appealed to this Wisconsin assistant, KFC is bringing back a fan favorite after a nearly 10-year hiatus, WIAA D3 boys basketball: West Salem 80, Adams-Friendship 37, Wisconsin can't get chances to go in during loss to Minnesota at WCHA Final Faceoff. Related Pages. You can cancel at any time. Im not sure I was able to hide my horror and disappointment when I opened my present. After all, we have all seen how well that has worked on Losey Boulevard and Mormon Coulee Road. Or try to decrease the politicization of our courts? January 28, 2023 at 5:00 a.m. (Letters) Doug Peters: Adeo not respecting the needs of Hope Apartments residents I did my purchasing and got up to the till and lo and behold I was told that my purchases had been paid for by the person behind me -- a "pay it forward. Medina police respond to Hecker article. Michlig qualified all-around, and Lyga and Garbers are entered in the floor exercise. 0. Box 371, Milwaukee, WI 53201-0371. Sign Up. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Easily access Why did Biden's handlers hide everything from him in El Paso? Letters: Fine words on Ukraine will mean little if Britain doesn't send jets. Suffer The Little Children to come unto Me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.. Cuba City won the SWAL championship this season with sophomores Olson and Ella Vosberg (15.7 ppg) and freshman Ashley Rowe (8.7 ppg) as its top three scorers. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. If we refuse to do our duty to protect children, what will become of the future generations? {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Polzin: Why Wisconsin AD Chris McIntosh hasnt lost faith in Greg Gard, Steve Cahalan: Aarons Reef aquatic pet store opens in downtown La Crosse, Aaron Rodgers is still with the Packers after his darkness retreat. This letter is in memory of our friend, Larry Clark (Clarkie). Below are details on how to place an op-ed or letter to the editor in the top 100+ newspapers in the United States by circulation: 6. By keeping their confidence, the Panthers came back and scored a 34.633 on the uneven bars, and that was only beaten by Nicolets 34.817. LA CROSSE After a 41-year career with Lee Enterprises newspapers, La Crosse Tribune editor Rusty Cunningham will retire Sept. 30, the newspaper announced Wednesday. My Aunt Debbie, seven years older than I, and clothed by my grandmother with a grandmothers sense of style, was more my size, only taller. She also averages 5.4 rpg. He tried, he really did. Uncover why LA CROSSE TRIBUNE is the best company for you. Flower: We should support those with special housing needs By Greeley Tribune letters to the editor. La Crosse Tribune's aggregated media bias check is center. La Crosse, WI Full Time Feb. 16, 2023 View all featured jobs. This is why Im proud of my volunteer role as a community educator, support group facilitator and Walk to End Alzheimers volunteer. Christian Science Monitor (Boston, MA) . They say that when a person becomes president he or she will never be hungry and will never again hear the truth. Following the acquisition, the Tribune's founder, Brayton, remained the paper's editor and publisher. Alzheimers impacts more than 6 million individuals and it was energizing to meet other volunteers who are passionate about the mission of the Alzheimers Association. This March we are honored to display a locally-curated, Hmong cultural exhibit that grew out of a partnership between the La Crosse Public Library and Hmong Cultural & Community Agency (HCCA)!