Avery Tate was forced to marry a bigshot by her stepmother as her father's company was on the verge of bankruptcy. I will finish that, This isnt quite what youre asking for but I think youll like it. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing A Rake by Sarah Maclean is kinda like that, hey I have read this, and it was good. Sometimes, there is evidence that she is not considered beautiful, in which case the love interests view of her is usually unique (and makes us fall in love with them so much more quickly). Many of Amanda Quick's heroines are bookish and scholarly, but I would never call them shy. Including the biggest gamble of alltrue love. Its a HR, the hero is insecure that he is overweight and past his prime. She is the centre of a whirlwind. Ive read every one from this list except from Magnoliaadding it to my TBR. 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars. Amazon.com - Plain Jane Heroines in Romance Novels Danielle H. Plain Jane Heroines in Romance Novels 4 Here is a list of romance heroines who have plain features (or are thought plain by others). I cannot stop talking about this book lol, everyone in the sub probably hates me but {The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever}. With that, she took an interest in her ex-boyfriends uncle.Little did she realize that he was wealthier and more handsome than her ex-boyfriend. She is also leading a double life. Raven sees her and is instantly captivated. He agrees to help her with her research, but Jane gets distracted with uncovering exactly who Raven is and whether he actually has a secret claim on an ancient title. Tessa Dare (Goodreads Author) (shelved 8 times as plain-jane-heroine) avg rating 4.11 31,599 ratings published 2012. And of course, it works! Tristan, meanwhile, is a rogue through and through. One of my all time favorites and def slow burn. 553 ratings Ravishing the Heiress by Sherry Thomas is a beautiful marriage of convenience story where the hero is in love with someone else. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Melisande has been in love with Lord Vale for years, but he doesn't even know her name. Thank you! Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. (Historical and contemporary both ok), Only thing is I want the hero to fell in love with heroine personality (Like pride and prejudice) None of the they had sex first time, it was perfect and now all he can think is how sexy the heroine is.. ( I love The Duchess War by Courtney Milan for this ). This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Probably my favorite romance novel of all time. Rate this book. Everly is shunned from the pack for not aborting her child, stripping her of her title, and forcing her to be rogue with her newborn son. Plain Jane Turns Into Hottie. For contemporaries, {Butterface by Avery Flynn} is DEFINITELY in your trope. 2,009 ratings However, just as she is about to have her revenge with the man who wronged her He suddenly turns from a cold, unfeeling psychopath, to a caring, warm and loving man!In fact, he even kisses her feet in front of a crowd, all while promising her, Madeline, I was wrong to love another. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Sign up below to receive weekly tips, tricks, updates and special offers. Like most fairy tales, this one involves an unlikely transformation (a red dress turns plain Jane into a seductress), but the minor contrivance won't dim readers' enjoyment of this witty, warm-hearted tale. Home of the magic search button and endless book recommendations as well as discussions about tropes and characters, Author AMAs, book clubs, and more. 512 ratings So majorly like pride and prejudice. r/RomanceBooks is a discussion sub for readers of romance novels. My name is Renee, and I am the host of this site. This book does a great job with the tropethe heroine is plain, rather than just unconventional, and uses her plainness to her advantage. published 1997, avg rating 3.78 She is very Brienne-esque. I was just reading a marriage-of-convenience fantasy romance where the hero and heroine are sworn enemies, but the hero sees the heroine and of course she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen and he changes his mind straightaway. (it's not as mean as it sounds I swear.) That day, my parents and sister who were all working abroad suddenly told me that I was a second-generation rich with trillions of dollars in wealth!Gerald Crawford: I am a second-generation rich? Happy Endings guaranteed. The Harts have two daughters - Euphemia and Jane. I was interested for a while also in people outside of ton in HR so this is perfect. Other times, it is all in her head. Bookish heroines aren't necessarily shy. DM me! Plain Janes of Contemporary Romance. Rate this book. Some people fall in love. DM me! So thats fine) TW: Rape and violence on secondary characters), {The perfect rake by Anne Gracie} everyone ,except the hero thinks she is plain . Ohh this sounds good. (with fellow authors Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows).. She currently resides in Boise, Idaho, with her husband, who loves typewriters as much as she does, two cats, two kids, one crazy . Type your search term (a simple keyword works best) where it says site:reddit.com/r/romancebooks. She's not considered pretty by conventional standards. ]After being betrayed by a scumbag and her elder sister, Catherine swore to become the shameless couples aunt! Kind of sick of overly attractive heroines that can spin kick 10 ft in the air that can bring down 20 men without breaking a sweat that the heroes fall into instalust over. She decides to shoot her shot the morning his bride jilts him at the altar, and Lord Vale is pretty excited to have neatly solved the problem. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. One of my guilty pleasure tropes is when the Hero thinks the heroine is ugly and makes her feel bad about her appearance but when he falls in love with her he sees her as beautiful and doesnt get why he ever thought she was ugly. The Tyrant Alpha's Rejected Mate (Five Packs, #1), 26780 books suggested | I don't feel so good.. | Source, {The Courtship of Izzy McCree by Ruth Ryan Langan}, 27328 books suggested | I don't feel so good.. | Source. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. She falls in love with the hero first, but he takes a long time to fall for her and when he does, it's the sweetest thing ever. 1,493 ratings Owens), Perfection (R.L. 44 books 120 voters. We have great recommendations you could find immediately! I am Lover of romance, who indulges in the romantic adventures of literature. 145 ratings Suatu hari, Catherine tiba-tiba menyadari bahwa dia menggoda orang yang salah! I also really liked Dumplin by Julie Murphy. Click the Magic Search Button which will take you to a google webpage. Account & Lists Returns & Orders. It feels like every single book I read the heroine is so ravishing (especially since I prefer historical romance novels) that I just had enough of iteverybody deserves love. There's Molly, from Anderson's Sweet Nothings, who is overweight and short; Bethany, the paralyzed rodeo champion in Phantom Waltz; Carly, the blind from birth heroine in Blue Skies; and Laura, the brain-damaged heroine in My Sunshine. Romances featuring heroines who feel the same and come out by the end of the book valuing themselves - and with a partner who values them, too - are incredibly cathartic. APPEARANCES: Book Obsessed Babes Jacksonville Conference March 2021 Plain Jane and Hot Stud Romance Novels (389 books) Discover new books on Goodreads Meet your next favorite book Join Goodreads Listopia Plain Jane and Hot Stud Romance Novels romance novels (contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense, chicklit) in which an average-looking heroine meets Prince Charming. Favorite Romance Books With Non-Beauty/Wallflower/Plain-Jane Heroine Tropes Please list down you favorite Romance Novel(s) where the heroine is not a great beauty or a wallflower or just plain-jane and why. Does anyone have any recommendations for M/F (non-RH) fantasy romances where the heroine is plain or ugly and stays that way? Penelope has been preparing her whole life for her marriage to Lucas, who was betrothed to her as a child. While she fosters a huge crush on the devastatingly handsome duke, he sees her only as an employee - or worse, as someone who can never be a great beauty. Sort By. My novels are lighthearted and uplifting, the perfect combination of humor and steamy love scenes. Thats when she decides to commit to a makeover and show him once and for all what he could have had. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. {Romancing the Duke} is a great one for this, but the fact that shes plain/ugly is rarely brought up (and its a bit of a spoiler I guess? 212 books 219 voters. (The Gamblers of Craven's, #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5), With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4), Forbidden (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #6), Halfway to Heaven (Calhoun Chronicles #3), The Taming of a Scottish Princess (Hurst Amulet, #4), Almost a Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #1), Blame It on Bath (The Truth About the Duke, #2), Lord St. Claire's Angel (Lords and Ladies, #1), The Absolutely Positively Worst Man in England, Scotland and Wales, Four Nights With the Duke (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers #2; Desperate Duchesses #8), Top New Reader-Recommended Romances for March. A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by. Here are some tips on how to search. She isn't shown as a conventional beauty. Happy Endings guaranteed. Home / Keywords / plain jane heroines romance novels. Lists are re-scored approximately every 5 minutes. (Definitely adult romance however be warned, no steam), By: Eloisa James | 370 pages | Published: 2010 | Popular Shelves: romance, historical-romance, historical, historical-fiction, fairy-tales | Search "A kiss at midnight", 59576 books suggested | Bug? I also have a billion-dollar net worth. The Arrangement (The Survivors' Club, #2), By: Mary Balogh | 366 pages | Published: 2013 | Popular Shelves: romance, historical-romance, historical, historical-fiction, regency | Search "The arrangement by Mary Balogh", First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet #1), By: Mary Balogh | 416 pages | Published: 2009 | Popular Shelves: romance, historical-romance, historical, mary-balogh, regency | Search "First comes marriage by Mary Balogh", By: Mary Balogh | 361 pages | Published: 2017 | Popular Shelves: romance, historical-romance, historical, historical-fiction, regency | Search "Someone to wed by Mary Balogh", Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4), By: Ruth Ann Nordin | 278 pages | Published: 2009 | Popular Shelves: historical-romance, romance, historical, western, mail-order-bride | Search "Eye of the beholder by Ruth Ann Nordin", By: Suzanne Brockmann | 256 pages | Published: 2000 | Popular Shelves: romance, romantic-suspense, military, contemporary, suzanne-brockmann | Search "Get lucky By Suzanne Brockmann", The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1), By: Anne Gracie | 360 pages | Published: 2005 | Popular Shelves: historical-romance, romance, historical, regency, historical-fiction | Search "The perfect rake by Anne Gracie", By: Audrey Harrison | ? If you're craving a historical romance novel featuring a plain heroine, here are ten recommendations for you: A Wicked Kind of Husband by Mia Vincy Average Goodreads Rating: 4.60 Average Goodreads Rating: 4.15 The blurb: Cassandra and Jeremy married years ago but haven't lived even one day together. Also plus if she isnt super accomplished or successful (in short not a super human). Lucas, meanwhile, has spent most of his life ignoring the obligation. . published 2019, avg rating 4.00 Same with male heroes but I have seen more diversity there with some being rough looking, with scars etc So Id welcome any recommendations (both historical and contemporary) with plain looking hero/heroine (but more leaning towards plain looking heroine). Jacquie D'Alessandro. Reporter: Ms. This. Hello, Sign in. Lists are re-scored approximately every 5 minutes. Marriage of convenience with respect and friendship between the MCs. Home of the magic search button and endless book recommendations as well as discussions about tropes and characters, Author AMAs, book clubs, and more. Hi! From now on, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you. To which Madeline replies, Ill only forgive you if you.die., Nicole Stanton, the richest young woman in the world, showed up low profile at the airport but she was immediately swarmed by reporters. I'm looking for some different suggestions though. Loved it. Plain Jane Heroines of Paranormal Romance. Move over, Charlotte Bront . If you're looking for some information that's important to you (such as research for work or learning how to manage your money), then the advice here is to first write down the relevant keywords on a piece of paper to figure out exactly what you want, which will be a lot more efficient. If you like historical, let me know because Im sure I could think of more! Highlander Unchained by Donna Fletcher was good and sort of what I'm looking for (she was a mute). Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. published 2013, avg rating 3.53 r/RomanceBooks is a discussion sub for readers of romance novels. | Source. All Ongoing Completed. 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars. | Source. Mary Balogh has quite a number of books in this trope {First comes marriage by Mary Balogh} {Someone to wed by Mary Balogh}- Another one of my favourites. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. By: Avery Flynn | 293 pages | Published: 2018 | Popular Shelves: romance, contemporary, contemporary-romance, dnf, kindle | Search "Butterface by Avery Flynn", 19800 books suggested | Bug? These cookies do not store any personal information. [Setelah secara tidak sengaja bermain-main dengan sang legenda, dia dengan putus asa meminta bantuan ke Internet.] And its also on KU. What I am looking for is heroin has beautiful sisters/friends, who keep on telling her that she will be a spinster. Below is the information about historical romance novels with plain heroines . Fuming at his marriage situation, he lashed out on Avery and threatened to kill their babies if they had any. Heroine believes that yet ends up marrying a rich hero. (Historical and contemporary both ok) One of the all-time creepy classics of the Gothic romance canon, Rebecca starts off with a whirlwind marriage proposal. by. published 2016, avg rating 3.88 r/RomanceBooks is a discussion sub for readers of romance novels. The FMC Fancy, is one of the sweetest heroines I've read in a long time and she always has hope that she'll find love. Heroine believes that yet ends up marrying a rich hero. Everly is the Alphas daughter and next in line to become Alpha. Error rating book. The MCs are not traditionally good looking I know many can't stand her writing style but I love her ! | Source, Hanging out here because this is one of my fave tropes. 36 books 19 voters. My name is Renee, and I am the host of this site. {Get lucky By Suzanne Brockmann} - the heroine was once thought of as a guy ( by a killer and not by the hero. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Fantasy romance with a plain Jane heroine/FMC? It feels like every single book I read the heroine is so ravishing (especially since I prefer historical romance novels) that Note: only pick this one up if you like strong unrequited love, because there is a lot of angst! Women in particular spend so much of our time being told how we are supposed to look that we all have hang-ups, believing we arent enough to meet societal expectations. Book Review-Harmony of Lies by Brian Feehan Ill kill them with my very hands! he bawled. Plain Jane and Mr. Wrong (Winter 2020) Plain Jane and the Hitman's Wedding (Winter 2020) STANDALONE NOVELS. Betapa tidak bertanggung jawabnya dia! Product Information. When Sophia sets herself upon proving the murderer of Tristan's friend is innocent, Tristan sets himself to tracking Sophia. The Truth About Cads and Dukes by Elisa Braden, Silver Lining by Maggie Osborne (western historical), Kings Fancy by Sable Hunter (western historical), A contemporary romance I like is Perfection by R.L. If you haven't tried searching, please delete your request and search the sub first. Home of the magic search button and endless book recommendations as well as discussions about tropes and characters, Author AMAs, book clubs, and more. Jenny from A Kingdom of Dreams Neomi from Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole Sabine from Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole Scarlet_sunset01 2 yr. ago {Ruthless people} by J.J McAvoy {Madison kate} by Tate James {Resurrection} the Sainthood-Boys of Lowell high series (incorrect book tagged by bot) As in, the hero teaches the heroine how to be attractive, rather than recognize her intrinsic beauty for what it is. CULTIVATING ROMANCE DELIGHTS TO LAST FOREVER, COPYRIGHT 2022. Sejak saat itu, dia menjadi istri yang romantis untuk paman mantan pacarnya dan selalu menggodanya. Refresh and try again. Unfortunately, that is when the rest of the world decides to work together to prevent the marriage, leaving both Valentine and Tristan questioning whether the other really wants it. Stanton, why did your three-year marriage with Mr. Ferguson come to an end? They are all amazing and lots of steam! I've read all of Grace Draven's books but if anyone hasn't, Radiance is probably my favourite twist on this trope! Home of the magic search button and endless book recommendations as well as discussions about tropes and characters, Author AMAs, book clubs, and more. When he discovers Valentine, he immediately sees beneath her plain facade and is attracted to the vibrant human within. published 2009, avg rating 3.93 One common trope in Regency and Victorian historical romances is plain heroines. Usually, this is an internal definition: the heroine considers herself ugly, and since we readers are in her head, we feel that pain whether or not other characters consider her ugly, too. Now more recently listening to it many times. Rate this book. 2,390 ratings The Biker's Kiss (Royal Bastards MC: Charleston, WV, #1) by. Heroine is a wedding planner and has an unusual-looking face (hence the title! published 2008, avg rating 3.99 pages | Published: ? But fate always intervenes, and happily-ever-after is guaranteed. 3,244 ratings Soon, they're dealing with a jealous ex-boyfriend, Krispy Kreme donuts, a determined psychologist, chaos theory, a freakishly intelligent cat, Chicken Marsala, and more risky propositions than either of them ever dreamed of. But is he truly the key to her happily ever after? {The captains wallflower by Audrey Harrison} is a sweet book with a plain heroine and a blind hero. {{Ravished by Amanda quick}} and {{the fabulous beast by Jayne Ann krentz }} are my favorite But I like all her books, Few of my favorite scarred hero books are {Lover awakened by J.R ward } {Yours until dawn by Teresa medeiros} {Texas destiny by Lorraine heath} {Beast by pepper pace} {Beast of Berwick by Amalie howard}, Few of the plain Jane/hot stud books I adore are, {{Tomorrow comes softly by Debbie Macomber}} {{MacKenzie's Mountain by Linda howard}} {{Nobody's baby but mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips}}, Thank you so muchlots of good recs here I read the most but not few. | Source. 5,112 ratings | Popular Shelves: romance, historical-romance, historical, regency, historical-fiction | Search "The captains wallflower by Audrey Harrison", 19321 books suggested | Bug? Im excited! Eric Ferguson stood out in the crowd. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier (FR) - in the 1st and 6th book, the FMCs have permanently injured hands (the 1st FMC's injuries gradually happen over the course of the book, the other FMC was accidentally burned as a child). Thanks for the recommendation, I have no clue how I did not think of that. But Fate has other plans, and it's not long before Min and Cal meet again. While Jane is often dismissed for being too bookish to be pretty, Raven is attracted to her more than he is willing to admit, resulting in a lot of angst as they deny their love for each other. Want to Read. Charlie Wade was the live-in son-in-law that everyone despised, but his real identity as the heir of a prominent family remained a secret. If I Love You. Blue castle by L.M Montgomery. To Alva's great society-loving heart, Bay and Annabelle are finally celebrating the opening of their magnificent estate by holding a costume ball for New York's best, brightest, and finest. When she decides she's going to get herself in shape, she meets Christopher, who his fellow Marines call Beast, in the basement gym in the building where they both work. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Valentine is doing her best since her adoptive father died. You must have a goodreads account to vote. You must have a goodreads account to vote. DM me! It's set in the 1920s in Canada. This is one of the funniest HR novels. By: Kristen Ashley | 496 pages | Published: 2011 | Popular Shelves: romance, kristen-ashley, contemporary-romance, contemporary, alpha-male | Search "Rock Chick Revenge", 59566 books suggested | Bug? Everly has no interest in being with the man that denied her son and shamed her. Also loved Devil in Winter by Kleypas. Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1), By: Tessa Dare | 370 pages | Published: 2014 | Popular Shelves: romance, historical-romance, historical, historical-fiction, adult | Search "Romancing the Duke", 19415 books suggested | Bug? Also Darling Beast by the same author. Jane Eyre is quite literally exactly this. Dire financial straits meant that one of the late Sir Richard Abercorn's daughters must marry a wealthy man. After years of being on her own, he has come to claim her and his son. These wonderful women deserve a HEA too!!! On Bended Knee by Tanya Crosby was good (she had a limp). One of my all time favorites and def slow burn. {Red Rose by Mary Balogh} Here is an FMC who limps and has a cousin who was termed as the beautiful one. That all changes when she learns she is pregnant with the notorious Blood Alphas son. {The arrangement by Mary Balogh} is one of my favourites with a plain heroine and a blind hero.