To me its very evident. Search Providence Journal Archives. The Ancestor Hunt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and is also an affiliate for, on Free Rhode Island Obituaries and Obituary Index Links, If you wish to search this states historic newspapersfor obituaries, click on. The four officers involved areSgt. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1850-1840s, Providence: American Journal, and General Advertiser. Blog RSS Facebook Twitter Twitter Instagram Instagram Tumblr. (Providence, R.I.) 1977-1992, Providence: Fresh Fruit. Its also ideal for fact-checking, as many obituaries werent necessarily created with 100% accuracy. To find a possible memorial site for someone who has passed away in recent years, look for these sites as well as complete a Google search. (Providence, R.I.) 1884-1885, Providence: Evening News. Aaron David Oldham, 42 passed away Thursday, December 29, 2022 at Deaconess Henderson Hospital in Henderson. August 1, 2022 (78 years old) View obituary. Coverage from 1981 through today. Learn more about our staff and our services. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1985-1993, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Daily Patriot. The Dignity Memorial online obituary search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands of locations across North America. Searching obituaries is a great place to start your family tree research. They live in Coventry. (Providence [R.I.]) 1824-1825, Providence: Rhode Island Business. She is survived by her three children Alan W Moses, Frederick William Moses, and Caroline Moses McMahon, her son-in-law Christian McMahon and three grandchildren. He had worked at the KY Department of Transportation at the Webster County Barn for several years. (Providence, R.I.) 1914-1915, Providence: Religious Intelligencer, and Evening Gazette. She earned a Masters of Public Health Degree from University of Michigan and rose to executive positions with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Tampa General Hospital, and the Nemours Foundation, among other posts. Comprehensive collection of obituaries and death notices electronically available. Providence County times and Olneyville times, 1925-1925 Google News Archive. In the early 90's, she retired from Somers Central School District in NY where she was the school nurse for the Somers Junior High School. If you want to find death notices alongside Providence Journal obits, follow these tips: The Providence Journal records are invaluable sources of historical Billy Carrol Pride, 91 of Clay passed away Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Western Kentucky Veterans Center in Hanson. (Providence, R.I.) 1920-1922, Providence: Rhode Island Labor News. Terry Gizmo May, 69, of Calvert City passed away at his home on Tuesday, October 25, 2022. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1876-1908, Woonsocket: La Tribune. She decided to move back to Tennessee to live with a friend. Here are a few articles that may be helpful: Each entry below will be appended with one of the five types of obituaries: Transcriptions, Clippings, Index, Abstracts, or Online. Title (3) Providence Journal. He graduated Burlington high school, University of Vermont and University of Rhode Island, and worked as an organic chemist for 40 years at Hoechst, Searle and Pfizer. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1860-1861, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Post. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1876-1881, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Daily Reporter. (Providence, R.I.) 1933-1934, Providence: Sunday Telegram. (Pawtucket [R.I.]) 1825-1827, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Chronicle, and Rhode-Island and Massachusetts Register. Brenda G. Wilson, 72 of Dawson Springs, passed away Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at Dawson Springs Health and Rehab in Dawson Springs. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1837-1840, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Weekly Patriot. (Providence, R.I.) 1984-Current, Providence: Providence Visitor. Providence Journal (Providence, Rhode Island) Historical Obituaries in Newspapers (1940 - 1960) Enter your ancestor's name below and we'll search historical obituaries to help you learn more. Search obits for your ancestors, relatives, friends. (Providence, R.I.) 1826-1828, Providence: Christian Telescope and Universalist Miscellany. Anthony predeceased her in death in 2009. She was predeceased by her husband of 66 years Henry L Edwards Jr. She is survived by her daughter Gail Haggarty and her husband Frank, daughter Susan Edwards, grandchildren George Haggarty and his wife Chapelle, Laura Gilpatric and her husband Ian, sister Marion (Pete) Arnold and many loving nieces, Didnt find who you were looking for? (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1842-1843, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Weekly Patriot. Catherine M Moses, 95, passed away June 9, 2022. Steven Hank Dalton or TT McGregor Jr. 41 of Clay passed away Friday, November 4, 2022 in Austin, TX. 0. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1920-1978, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Tribune. Try 4th: 1636-1850 at Ancestry.com ($) Free at FamilySearch centers; Find your local FamilySearch Center; Vital Records of Rhode Island, First Series, Births, Marriages and Deaths: a family register for the people. Obituaries describe the person, who they are, and what they did in their lives. A mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 AM on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Mission Church, 1 Lowell Street, Seabrook Beach, NH 03874. Winds light and variable. Comprehensive collection of obituaries and death notices electronically available. (Providence [R.I.]) 1826-1830, Providence: Bang's Trumpet. February 22, 2023 (90 years old) View obituary. Some indexes also include the date of death, so be careful if you are recording the date in your genealogy database. LDSGenealogy.com is privately owned and is not an official site of FamilySearch International or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). Glenn Edward Goldsberry 65, of Tilden, KY passed away on Friday January 20th, 2023 at Baptist Health in Madisonville. Lee Dick Bumpus, 96 of Clay passed away Friday, October 21, 2022 at Shemwell Nursing Home in Providence. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1991-Current, Pawtucket: Truth's Advocate. (Olneyville [Providence, R.I.]) 1941-1940s, Olneyville: Olneyville Times. Find all of the latest Providence, Rhode Island obituaries, condolences, and death notices from The Providence Journal. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a . Burial will be private. . For free online collections, you should use The Ancestor Hunts lists of links to collections from the U.S., Canada, and Europe. The police took Edwards, who used a wheelchair, into custody Feb. 5 after she was discharged from Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center but refused to leave. Edwards can be seen gasping and wheezing and falling back into a slumped position in the cruiser. Its the best way to honor and preserve the memories of loved ones who have passed. Marjorie worked for the New England Telephone Company as a Telephone Operator for many years. (Providence, R.I.) 1906-1909, Providence: News-Tribune. Over the past few decades, thanks to volunteers, librarians, and archivists, a great number of indexes to obituary information and transcriptions of obituaries from newspapers have been provided for free online. The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Accessible in an easy-to-use interface with searching by name, date range, or text such as institutional name, social affiliation(s), geographic location(s), philanthropic activities, etc. He was a lifelong farmer and worked, Ruth Phyllisjean Keene Adair, 91, of Morganfield, KY, passed away on Friday, November 11, 2022, at Baptist Health Deaconess Hospital in Madisonville. (Providence, R.I.) 1970-Current, Providence: Evening Bulletin. Sister Arlene Kalin (Walter Madeline), 84, beloved member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Springfield, died in Framingham, MA on February 22, 2023. (Providence [R.I.]) 1825-1829, Providence: Rhode-Island American, and General Advertiser. (Providence, R.I.) 1869-1873, Providence: Republican Herald. (Providence [R.I.]) 1886-1887, Providence: Evening Mail. (Providence, R.I.) 1905-1907, Providence: Sunday Dispatch. (Providence [R.I.]) 1795-1811, Providence: Providence Gazette. (Providence, R.I.) 1937-1945, Providence: Lookout-Herald. (Pascoag, R.I.) 1892-1895, Pascoag: Pascoag Herald. (Providence, R.I.) 1986-Current, Providence: Providence Chronicle. (Providence, R.I.) 1826-1827, Providence: Literary Subaltern. (Providence, R.I.) 1827-1829, Providence: Investigator, and General Intelligencer. Unless you visit a library with newspaper originals or access to a microfilm machine for newspapers that have been scanned, the easiest way is to search online newspapers. While there were multiple people/organizations who should have shown care and compassion to her, she got the exact opposite in so many ways," Boylan wrote on the fundraising page. Finding death notices in the Providence Journal can be another vital source Depending on the quality of the original, you might need to be creative with your search criteria, especially if you do not have the date of death. Eventually she became one of the William Anthony Thurber, 79, of Ocala, Florida, passed away July 24, 2022. (Providence, R.I.) 1867-1870, Providence: Providence Morning Star. (Providence, R.I.) 1892-1906, Providence: Weekly Review. Bobby was born on February 22, 1947 to the late Charles Gifford and Mary Charlene Adamson in the Belles Mine area of Crittenden County. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1840s-1840s, Pawtucket: Business Directory. (Cranston [R.I.) 1961-1991, Cranston: Cranston News. Phone: (401) 822-9100| Staff Login | Site Designed by EpbRI, http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/CoventryPublicLibrary/OBIT. Minnie, as she was affectionally known, was the beloved wife to Anthony J. Make sure that it is the death date. (Providence [R.I.]) 1852-1855, Providence: Temple of Honor. How Do I Find an Obituary in a Newspaper? Cranston, Rhode Island. Prov., died on Oct. 8, 2022. (Providence, R.I.) 1840-1844, Providence: Labor Advocate. (Woonsocket Falls [Woonsocket], R.I.) 1833-1837, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Patriot. Boylan has started a GoFundMe page to help with legal fees and burial costs. Accessible in an easy-to-use interface with searching by name, date range, or text such as institutional name, social affiliation (s), geographic location (s), philanthropic activities, etc. Death notices, on the other He was a volunteer firefighter for the Dixon and Wheatcroft Fire Departments. (Providence, R.I.) 1820-1848, Providence: Microcosm and Weekly American. "This is about human decency," she said. (Howard, R.I.) 1885-1900s, Johnston: Beacon. (Providence, R.I.) 1848-1907, Providence: Manufacturers' & Farmers' Journal, Providence and Pawtucket Advertiser. (Providence, R.I.) 1990-Current, Providence: Town and Country. She was an active volunteer at Naples United Church of Christ and also within her Margaret McSoley Coupe, of Belleair, Fla., blessed with a sharp intelligence and wit and a passion for life and family, passed away peacefully June 6, 2022, after a Long illness. (Providence, R.I.) 1831-1833, Providence: Rhode Island American, Statesman and Providence Gazette. 1672 Flat River Road | Coventry, RI 02816 She was discharged the following morning but refused to leave, so security guards calledpolice. (Providence, R.I.) 1879-1890s, Providence: Rhode Island Herald. (Central Falls, R.I.) 1900-1901, Central Falls: Central Falls Journal. (Providence, R.I.) (from April 18, 1827 to Jan. 7, 1829) Chronicling America, Literary cadet, and Saturday evening bulletin 04/22/1826 to 04/14/1827 Genealogy Bank, Literary cadet, and Saturday evening bulletin. A fiercely intelligent, accomplished and beautiful woman, Gloria's drive and ambition unfolded initially in New York City at Lord & Taylor 5 th Avenue where she worked and rose in the ranks from an office clerical to fashion buyer, efficiency expert to merchandizing executive. Institutional and corporate records, manuscripts, photographs, audiovisual materials, and artifacts document ministries in . (Harrisville, R.I.) 1892-1893, Howard: Howard Times. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1880s-1886, Pawtucket: Evening Times. (Providence, R.I.) 1995-1998, Providence: Providence Journal. In addition to her husband and mother, she is survived by two sisters and their husbands: Polly (Bryan) Shiraishi of Kent, Washington, Jill (Gabe) Buzas of Chicago, Illinois, and three nephews, their wives and children: Kyle (Katie, Kai, Karter) Shiraishi of McKinney Texas, Cory (Karissa, Theodore) Shiraishi of Kirkland Washington, and Kirby (Jian) Shiraishi of Kapolei, Hawaii. She attended The Well in Providence. Use multiple collections to fact-check any found records. (Cranston, R.I.) 1975-1977, Cranston: Cranston Herald. Sheila was born on October 28, 1953 in Clay KY to the late Bundy and Millie Sigler. (Providence, R.I.) 1958-1989, Providence: Rhode Island Israelite. Dorothea "Dot" Black Butler, Age 87, of Durham, NH, died unexpectedly Friday, October 21, 2022. (Providence, R.I.) 1847-1850, Providence: Daily Transcript & Chronicle. Cherri Lynn Steinwachs, 61 of Henderson, passed away at Deaconess Henderson Hospital on Thursday December 1st, 2022. (Cranston, R.I.) 1985-1980s, East Providence: East Providence Eagle. Edwards' youngest son, Todd, also lives in Rhode Island. 4:55. Peggy J. Holloman 84, of Henderson, KY formerly of Dixon, KY, passed away at Deaconess Baptist Health in Madisonville, KY on Sunday November 13th, 2022. (Providence, R.I.) 1838-1839, Providence: Rhode-Island Weekly Post. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1908-1917, Woonsocket: Evening Call. (Providence, R.I.) 1968-1970, Providence: Federation Voice. 3 seater and 2 seater sofa set recliner. Try searching for their husbands name. Institutional and corporate records, manuscripts and personal papers, photographs, audiovisual materials, and artifacts document the Providence ministries. Stewart Ronald Herald, 56 of Morganfield, passed away Monday, October 17, 2022 at the Lucy Smith King Care Center in Henderson. (East Providence, R.I.) 1882-1910s, East Providence: East Providence Herald. Rhode Island Obituaries and Death Records. As family members typically wrote these, they tend to be relatively accurate. Connect other family members mentioned in the death notice to confirm whole sections of your family tree. Sometimes the scanned newspaper clipping is included. (Providence [R.I.]) 1850-1852, Providence: Rose and Lily. difference between a death notice and an obituary? (Greenville, R.I.) 1976-1978, Greenville: Observer. With a passion for the marine and boating industry, his career as a Sales and Marketing Executive included positions at Eastern Marketing Associates, Jamestown Distributors, and upon retirement, Norton's Marina, in East Greenwich, RI. Phyllis was born in Dan, Virginia on September 19, 1931, to Thomas and Lucretia Keene. A memorial service will be held at 10am on Saturday, November 5, 2022 at the Arnold Mills United Methodist Church, 690 Nate Whipple Highway, Cumberland, RI. "I dont know what kind of foggy glasses those officers were wearing," said Boylan, who is a registered nurse. (Providence, R.I.) 1912-1915, Providence: Literary Cadet and Rhode-Island Statesman. For technical or billing issues, please contact Archive Customer Support. He loved outside William Louis Lombardo Jr. of Charlotte, North Carolina passed away peacefully on Friday November 25, 2022, with his family by his side, he was 85 years old. (Providence, [R.I.]) 1869-1876, Providence: Third Wave. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1839-1845, Pawtucket: Latino. Must have a Coventry library card beginning with 22224 to access from home. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1984-1980s, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Call and Evening Reporter. They provide death dates and locations, funeral and cemetery information, and more importantly information about the relatives of the deceaseds family and extended family. (Providence, R.I.) 1814-1830s, Providence: Providence Phoenix. Deon Angelique Russell Prow, 50 of Providence passed away Friday, October 21, 2022 at her residence. Fortunately, public libraries, some genealogy sites, and genealogy societies have transcribed millions of newspaper obituaries, and they also have created obituary indexes that specify the deceaseds name, the title of the newspaper that contains the obituary, and the date of publication. (Providence, R.I.) 1825-1830, Providence: Independent Inquirer, and Commercial Advertiser. Collections date from 1856 to the present and encompass the western United States, as well as the mission in El Salvador. Morris Carvel Rome Weldon, age 86, of Boonville, IN, went home to Jesus at 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, October 9, 2022, at Woodmont Health Campus in Boonville, IN. Providence Journal obits are an excellent source of information about those long-lost family members in Providence, Rhode Island.. With the Providence Journal obituary archives being one of the leading sources for uncovering your history in Rhode Island, it's important to know how to perform a Providence Journal obituary search to access this . (Providence, R.I.) 1878-1879, Providence: Daily Advertiser and American. USA (1,373,456) > Rhode Island (8,340) > Providence County (3,513) > Providence County Newspapers and Obituaries (379), USA (1,373,456) > Rhode Island (8,340) > Rhode Island Newspapers and Obituaries (645) > Providence County Newspapers and Obituaries (379). Reference services may also be provided to historians, scholars, and the general public. Providence Journal is proud to offer We Remember memorial pages. (Providence, [R.I.]) 1856-1858, Providence: Providence Daily Tribune. (Woonsocket [R.I.]) 1873-1876, Woonsocket: Woonsocket Patriot and Rhode-Island State Register. Rhode Island Obituaries, today, past 3 days, past 7 days, past 30 days world's largest online collection of obituaries, at legacy.com The Providence Journal Obituaries in Providence and throughout Providence County Rhode Island Obituaries and Death Records browse obituaries by city, town or search by name, location or date of death, at tributes.com If you are searching online, it is more difficult because the newspaper had to be scanned and the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) process had to be applied. William Louis Lombardo Jr. of Charlotte, North Carolina passed away peacefully on Friday November 25, 2022, with his family by his side, he was 85 years old. (Providence [R.I.]) 1839-1840, Providence: Phenix. For a complete obituary, additional information regarding services, and to sign the online guestbook, please visit www.RemickGendron.com. Skip to main content (800) 896-5587. She was predeceased by her loving husband Frederick "Fred" Moses III. Search more than 30 years of Rhode Island history with the Providence Journal Collection. 2 Memories. Richard was born on December 9, 1930, in Slatersville, Rhode Island to Fred and Cecile (Kantrowitz) Israel. (Providence [R.I.]) 1820-1825, Providence: Providence Gazette. Providence,RI Obituaries. (Providence, R.I.) (from April 18, 1827 to Jan. 7, 1829), Literary cadet, and Saturday evening bulletin 04/22/1826 to 04/14/1827, Literary cadet, and Saturday evening bulletin. (Ashton, R.I.) 1978-1979, Ashton: Lincoln-Cumberland Observer. (Cranston, R.I.) 1928-1931, Cranston: R.I. Woman. Born in Yonkers, New York, on August 12, she was the daughter of Dominic and Mary ( Severino) DeStefano. (Providence [R.I.]) 1832-1852, Providence: Republican Herald. Dennis had an exuberant love for life, but his love for his adoring wife Phyllis, no words could describe. Born in Providence, Rhode Island, he was the son of the late William and Assunta (Manera) Lombardo. (Providence, R.I.) 1915-1976, Providence: Register and Guide. Note: Affiliate links are used within the directory on this site and a small contribution goes to the website for some purchases made. Peggy Iris Penrod, 81 of Clay, passed away at Baptist Health Hospital in Madisonville on Thursday December 29th, 2022. (Pawtucket-Central Falls, R.I.) 1978-1991, Pawtucket: Evening Tribune. (Ashton, R.I.) 1976-1977, Ashton: News Leader. Explore current and archived issues of the Providence Journal with full-color newspaper pages and individual articles, as well as content only published online. (Providence, R.I.) 1918-1929, Providence: Providence Patriot, Columbian Phenix. Son of the late John DiStefano Sr. and Fernande "Ann" DiStefano. Seabrook Beach, NH - David W. Ray, 75, of Seabrook Beach and a former resident of East Greenwich, RI, passed away on Thursday, October 6, 2022. (Olneyville [Providence, R.I.]) 1887-1917, Olneyville: Providence County Times and Olneyville Times. (Pascoag, R.I.) 1880-1893, Pascoag: Burrillville News Gazette. (Providence, R.I.) 1823-1824, Providence: Republican Herald and Post. She was the wife of William C. Tuggle whom she dated in high school and married in 1982, and the daughter of John K. and Phyllis D. Patterson of Hilton Head. Edwards had been a longtime resident of Tennessee before moving to Rhode Island to be near her family, according to Boylan, who is married to Edwards' oldest son, Tim. Like our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Providence, Rhode Island on facebook. (Providence [R.I.]) 1762-1795, Providence: Providence Gazette, and Country Journal. Born in Pawtucket, RI she was the daughter of Walter Edward and Madeline Gertrude (Tully) Kalin. (Pawtucket, R.I.) 1893-1896, Pawtucket: Pawtucket Evening Times. This full replica of our printed product provides you the newspaper as you know and love it from the convenience of the web. (Providence, R.I.) 1899-1906, Providence: Weekly Transcript. Leslie B. Johnson, 76 of Slaughters, passed away at home on Monday February 13th, 2023. She served as an elementary school teacher at schools in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including St. Peter's, Worcester and St. Lucy's Middletown, Donath 'Donnie' Patterson Tuggle, age 66, died on January 31 in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, following a brief illness. (East Providence, R.I.) 1885-1889, East Providence: East Providence Standard. Along with her parents she is preceded in death by her husband Douglas Lovan in 2011. (Providence, R.I.) 1993-Current, Providence: Providence Visitor : Official Newspaper of the Diocese of Providence Since 1875. Edwards' family this weeksaid itplans to suethe police department, and possibly the hospitals that treated her before her arrest. (Providence, R.I.) 1883-1884, Providence: Investigator, and General Intelligencer [Electronic Resource]. (Providence, R.I.) 1913-1918, Providence: Evening Press. Providence Archives staff provides reference and research services to Sisters of Providence and Providence staff. The district attorney's office said none of the officers who handled Edwards' arrest will face criminalcharges, citing a medical examiner's report that stated: at no time did law enforcement interaction cause or contribute to Ms. Edwards death.. (Providence, R.I.) 1875-1879, Providence: Tribune. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Justin James Oates 42, of Dixon, KY passed away on Thursday January 19th, 2023 at Baptist Health in Madisonville. (Providence [R.I.]) 1891-1906, Providence: Providence News. (Providence [R.I.]) 1856-1859, Providence: Rhode-Island American and Providence Gazette. (Woonsocket, R.I.) 1915-1910s, Woonsocket: New England Siftings. 2023 www.providencejournal.com. (Providence, R.I.) 1981-Current, Providence: East Side-West Side. Mike was born in Ripton, VT to Philip Edson Day and Agnes Viola Nielsen on April 27, 1944. "It was on that flight that this nightmare started," Boylan said. Local obituaries for the Providence, Rhode Island area. Browse Legacy obituaries, conduct other obituary searches, offer condolences/tributes, send flowers or create an online memorial. We'll use your location to find clinics, hospitals and doctors closest to you. "To not fight for justice for her would make us as bad as those who mocked and bullied her in the end," she wrote. Perform searches by using common misspellings. Providence Archives collects, organizes, preserves, and makes available records of enduring and historical value relating to the Sisters of Providence religious community in the west, and Providence Health & Services. According to District Attorney Charme Allen,Edwards had flown to Knoxville on Feb. 4. Newspapers can be a treasure trove of information for your ancestors. For complete obituary and service information, visit www.winfieldandsons.com. Providence, RI Obituaries Archives Online | Obits Archive 1981 - 2023 (Cranston, R.I.) 1973-1975, Cranston: Herald-News. Donnie attended grade and high Stephen S DeSantis, 86, of Port St. Lucie FL passed away on January 30, 2023 surrounded by his loving family. Providence Archives collects, organizes, preserves, and makes available records of enduring and historical value relating to the Sisters of Providence religious community in the west, and Providence Health & Services. (Ashton, R.I.) 1979-1982, Ashton: News Leader. in Religious Education from Providence College. (Providence, R.I.) 1939-1957, Providence: Providence Daily Advertiser. (Providence, R.I.) 1795-1825, Providence: Providence Herald. (Ashton, R.I.) 1977-1978, Auburn: Cranston City Times. He was the owner of Scott Volkswagen in East Providence for over 40 years, a successful real estate developer, head of the local rotary club, President of the Rhode Island Automobile Dealer's Association, and a national Time Magazine Dealer of Year award winner.