deep south gravity feed smoker

Thanks! If you have business or technical issues, please contact us with this email form. They will use more charcoal than a kamado (mass market gravity feeds will add well) but unlike a kamado, you can bring the temperature down pretty quickly, so it works well for smoking meat and then holding it at a lower temperature. 2am - I put the other flat and two pork butts on after refreshing their rub and spritzing them with AJ. Gonna try the Deep South gravity fed smoker in a small local comp for the first time next weekend. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. One thing nobody has pointed out that you may not be aware of if you're new to GF smokers is that there are temp variations in the cookers (NO MATTER WHAT ANY SALES REP OR FANBOY TELLS YOU). The arguements about gas vs wood, bbqed vs. grilled, offset vs. gravity feed, judges vs. cooks, none of it actually matters. All the roomI'll ever need and I can do easy (eggs) or supervised with real wood(KBQ). The Deep South Smoker is a gravity-fed pit, meaning that there is a vertical chute of coal that slowly drops down into the firebox as it burns through the coal. If you have any questions, leave me a comment. We go a step further. Spending $50 on fuel for $10 of meat can hurt one's budget. I just like the idea that I'm buying the original and the people I know with Stumps are super happy with them. Grease trap. Deepsouth is more than that. For a given ambient temperature, that will get your meat to final serving temperature quicker. More latches for tight seals. Ash pan included, Patented heat distribution made with 4x8 steel tube. The maiden food voyage in this bad boy was 2 Certified Angus Beef briskets, 6 Smithfield Reserve pork butts, and a couple of birds. Hand crafted in Macon, Georgia, USA, our smokers, grills, custom trailers and hog cookers are 100% made in America. Both cooker and smoker purchased brand new 2014. I just had to narrow the list down is all. I like the concept because it lets me load the chute with charcoal and then add wood chunks or cubes to the firebox for smoke as desired. Looking to get a gravity feed vertical smoker..Large capacity ..any input is greatly appreciated. Review Method: Cooked On It. 2" thick Roxul insulation in all doors and lining inside exterior walls. Gravity-fed smoker. Once they hit 200f, I check them for tenderness about every 30 minutes by sticking them with a thermometer probe to see how tight or loose the meat is. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. . If you are interested in going that direction I would suggest you stick with some well known brands such Stumps, Deep South, Assassin, etc. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them. It's between that and the Deep South smoker. GDPR requires that we be willing to delete any info we have about an EU resident if you request it. Custom gravity fed smokers. Our talented team of paid moderators will be with you shortly. So less energetic smokers (like electrically-powered ones) tend to come with water pans. Its among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. The last time I used the Deep South, I used a sub-par bag of charcoal that had a lot of small pieces. I don't need the volume so I just use my BGE when I want to cook with charcoal and I have a Karubeque for burning sticks. The larger of the two brisket flats, smoked, sliced and ready to pack up. It is called gravity-fed because the charcoal is in a narrow stack in a chute on the right, and it is self-fueling as the coal burns at the bottom of the chute. The Bones of a Gravity Fed: 12 Gauge exterior skin and interior cook chamber. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The results were very good and surprisingly, the chicken skin came out pretty crispy despite the low temp and humidity. I plan to buy a big gravity feed, hopefully at or around Christmas. You combine American-made craftsmanship with world-class innovation. My cookers can have as much as 20-30 degrees variance in the cooker from right to left/ top to bottom / front to back, etc. Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. We build top of the line, gravity fed barbecue smokers for the serious pitmaster. This cooker was custom made for Deep Smoke BBQ competition team. 4" insulation around charcoal chute/firebox and cook chamber wall. 2. I've used the Fatboy in competition and to feed the masses with our bbq truck. Smokin' the Competition The most innovative smokers in the industry for over 30 years 800-395-4839. . You can always put a restaurant pan in there but youd have to fill it up at some point. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. That is a way to tame hotspots, much like tuning plates on a offset smoker. I love this cooker for its size, even cooking temperatures, and moist cooking environment. All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Put a fresh Barb-B-Qube in the firebox and about 5 minutes later, I put the burnt ends back in the smoker for 10 minutes, just to set the sauce. I used my. Smoker is in excellent condition. A 1,082-square-inch cooking surface supplies room to prepare your meals, and the fully insulated chamber traps in heat for up to 12 hours. Au jus - The wrapped flats and braised burnt end packages will have a good bet of stock and rendered fat. When I do multiple briskets, I usually end up with leftover jus from the wrapped foil. Call For Availability: 888-223-6118 Get Details. This isn't a recipe post, just notes and thoughts about the brisket cook I did last weekend. Usually, the heat source will be off the side, and gravity works its magic to pull the heat where it needs to go. Unlike other smokers, where vents and dampers control the level of oxygen, the gravity smoker uses a ball valve to do this. People often ask how this gravity fed smoker works so I thought I would do the nickel tour. . It's between that and the Deep South smoker. Model #MB20040220. Experience the countless benefits from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! I think the only issue I see is the lack of a water pan in the Stumps. I used this to store the slices and keep the rest for later use. By the time your cooker leaves the Deep South shop, it has been touched by all of us and takes a piece of us with it. You can go with: Stumps Smokers Deep South Smokers Stumpville (Stump's daughter is building em for the family after they sold Stumps) Assassin Smokers T&K Smokers (based out of Indiana) Southern Q Myron Mixon Big D's Custom Smokers (based out of Michigan) Humphreys Smokers (based out of Maine) I've been looking into a GF smoker so I can hit the competition circuit. My research seems to show most use water when cooking l&s and either firebricks or sand when cooking h&fas we all know there are 15 different ways to skin it! It is interesting to watch how it diverges and converges. WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Call Us Today! Now we just roll out the Deep South Smoker - saving us about 8 hours per contest. I have been looking at these and reverse flow and found T&K. Southern Q Smokers Talks New Improvements - YouTube. If you're catering, the temperature variance isn't a big deal but for competition purposes you will need to know whatever smoker you choose and know how to use the temperature zones to your advantage. But sometimes the cost of fuel is a concern, certainly if you're trying to make a business of this. Visit us at www.deepsouthsmokers.com and Facebook/Instagram @DeepSouthSmokers In my opinion, Deep South Smokers makes the nicest vertical GF on the market. John practicing chicken using our new program. We will contact you the next business day; please make sure your contact info is correct. With sizes ranging in capacity of only a couple of butts to 100+ butts, we have a gravity feed for you. Traeger Pro Series 575 Gravity Feed Smokers. Thanks Dave - I understand what your points but there seems to be a lot of happy people out there with vertical insulated smokers. Click here to learn more about benefits to membership. *Shipping is quoted and charged separately due to the large size and weight. We will contact you the next business day to confirm your online SMOKER order. Yes, it's better if your goal is make a lot of smoke but still have it take a long time to cook your meat. I just like the idea that I'm buying the original and the people I know with Stumps are super happy with them. This pit is a gravity-fed smoker, meaning the heat is indirect. We will show you the basic concept of how a gravity fed barbecue smoker works! SOLD! Request Pricing. Deep South Smokers are hand made in Cumming, Georgia by Randall Bowman (KCBS Board Member) and a small staff. The larger of the two briskets about to go back in the smoker to give it one last kiss of smoke and to reset the crust which gets soft during the braising and rest portions of the cook. I also have read that some smokers (Deep South) have special airflow systems that would make them stand out. 2. It's built to last. We rarely recommend products we haven't tested and we never recommend products that we don't love. Coat them lightly so there is just enough to cook onto the meat. The food I had of SGH's vault was spectacular and it cranked out hundreds of pounds of food all day and night. The standard grates are expanded metal but we went with the stainless rounded bar upgrade. (Several people have commented that this looks like a face with the two thermometers and handle.). [FTC Standard Disclaimer] We received no compensation for this post. Best I have seen for completely even temps is the Vulcan made by Myron Mixon Smokers but they still arent perfect. In Georgia and willing to meet for delivery. The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. You put the foil-wrapped meat in a cooler, cover with a few beach towels and keep the cooler closed until ready to remove the meat. Awards and . It goes the extra mile to provide even cooking temperatures. . In the 6 weeks since we have gotten the Deep South Smokers GC36, we have put a lot of food through it. The G33 is way too big for most residential cooks. All times are GMT-6. Be it in your backyard or. DigiQ DX3 BBQ Temperature Control - Green - Custom Grill (8 FT Probes) -. Its by far the most fuel efficient Gravity Feed Smoker Ive ever owned, as well as the consistent temps top to bottom makes it almost like an oven. Water pans serve no useful purpose for high-flow smokers like that other than just giving some thermal mass for temperature stabilization. Outside of meat dries out very fast on offset, Myron Mixon G33 Gravity Feed Smoker** for sale: $6450, Spicy CI Grilled Deep Dish Meatball Lasagna (Pics), Another spit-roasted prime chuck shoulder, Chicago Inspired Italian Beef Pull-apart Ring (TD entry). Ive seen them but they seem kinda pricy compared to some others. Custom Trailers & Hog Cookers. Myron Mixon's G33 is a very well made, well thought out gravity feed smoker with quality hardware and some unique features. Mojobricks have been around for years and the owner, Fred Grosse, was on our team at Memphis in May several years ago. ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"], {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}, Meathead, The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling, Grills, Smokers, Other Cookers, Outdoor Kitchens, Charcoal Cabinet And Gravity-Feed Smokers, https://amazingribs.com/smoker/myron-smoker-review, http://www.southernqsmokers.com/smokavityfeed.aspx, Click here to learn more about benefits to membership. See for yourself, and become champion of your own pit. Looks like deepsouthsmokers.com is safe and legit. thick (GC28 and larger), Sloped floors for easy drainage with ball valve. . That is taking out the inserts, moving 4 wooden crates, moving the 180+ lb kamado from our decks to a trailer, putting the stuff back in. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. I love my Stumps. It has enough power to bring the GC36 up to temperature from start up. We are GDPR compliant (the stringent General Data Protection Regulations from the European Union that went into effect in 2018). BBQ Smoker and Grill Accessories. The reality is that this is probably twice as much as I really need. *Shipping is quoted and charged separately due to the large size and weight. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but I wasn't going to say no to a USDA Choice whole brisket for just $24. My preference would be for the Mixon they just seem to be a little better built. Keep the cubed on a wood chunk little closer to the grate. Whether I'm going to smoke on this Deep South Smokers or a Big Green Egg, I like to set the cooker up in advance so all I have to do in the early morning hours is light it. . Ditching the pellet smoker for a stick burner, Lowest temperature for gravity fed or IVC smoker. thick (GC28 and larger), Sloped floors for easy drainage with ball valve. If you are looking for an efficient cooker, the gravity fed is for you! The latch on the side and stove gasket (white part you see) keep an airtight seal. It only takes 10-15 minutes. It has three racks with room for three . I have a Rockin W which is exceptionally well built. Kim's brisket was 4-plus pounds heavier, so I put it on an hour earlier than anything else. We are all a bunch of folks cooking ribs in parking lots. Assassin 24 Gravity-Fed Insulated Smoker. Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker Gravity Series 800 Digital Charcoal Griddle + Grill + Smoker Gravity Series 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker . Set the temperature on the digital control panel or your smart device and the DigitalFan maintains the desired cooking temperature. Exterior measures 37" across x 41" deep and 67" tall; Weight: 675 lbs; Standard colors are gun . Daring drops, turns, and twisting spirals await when you make a splash at Tidal Cove! If you would like us to get started use code DEPOSIT at checkout. The LSG conventional model has a fill port at the top and a built in water pan. Neat please. These were meant for use at competitions and are designed, built, and priced accordingly. Mag wheels. Backyard Mixon fans can aspire to his throne with . WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. I have a Southern Q gravity feed insulated smoker with 4 racks. Obviously the gravity fed smokers are more expensive. Are there other options I should consider? Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. You can put an 8-10 pound bag of lump charcoal into the chute. We will contact you the next business day to confirm your online SMOKER order. While it is the same cooking size as the RGC it's deeper cook chamber and smaller door often make it better for smaller areas. $7000 FIRM Located in Destin FL. WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. My wife would kill me if I spent $5200 on a pit. With 1,060 total square inches of cooking space, this smoker is perfect for large groups. Details. Gordon Food Services got a case of prime briskets in by mistake, I was glad to take some of them off of their hands. Even though we aren't putting food directly on the grates, these don't stick to food as much as expanded metal does and they are easier to clean well. Couple Interesting Welding Projects (Dialog & Pics), Superior Smokers SS-2 Gravity Fed Smoker with extras for sale, For Sale Gravity Fed Smoker Dual Chamber on trailer, Spicy CI Grilled Deep Dish Meatball Lasagna (Pics), Another spit-roasted prime chuck shoulder, Chicago Inspired Italian Beef Pull-apart Ring (TD entry). Healthcare- Licensed & Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) at MyMichigan Health, a University of Michigan Health System. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them. I am attracted to Stumps cookers. I'm personally a Stumps guy. It is a gravity fed, insulated box smoker which basically means long burn times, steady temperatures, and clean smoke. That's the direction of cold smoking. We "pay him under the table", don't tell the Feds. Any thoughts on looking at Stumps, very similar in $. Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meatheads Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. For more about our privacy promise, code of ethics, terms of service, and how we operate to insure you unbiased info, click here to read the Terms of Service. Gravity-fed smokers use a 'sealed oxygen' environment to create the dynamics of moving the heat and smoke around the cooking chamber. The gravity feed smoker is a popular choice for many BBQ enthusiasts because it is easy to use and allows for more control over the smoking process. Click here to read more about our review process. I likethe KBQa lot but a whole other animal to a GF cabinet. I used the Deep South Smokers GC36, which is a gravity-fed smoker. 2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. Our cookers aren't mass produced and we do not have a production line. The Balvenie Double Wood, also like Oban 18yr, and The Glenlivet Nadurra (Oloroso sherry cask finished) among others. You won't find a new Deepsouth or SouthernQ in that range. You must log in or register to reply here. The overall finished dimensions of this smoker not including the off road cart are approximately: 66 inches wide, by 34 inches deep, and 60 inches tall! A gravity feed smoker is a type of barbecue smoker that uses gravity to feed charcoal into the firebox. Smithfield and Certified Angus Beef are both sponsors as well. Seasoning some racks of ribs, didn't want those briskets to be lonely. I used the Deep South Smokers GC42 for this cook. Looking @ the XL Stretch or the Stretchmy mind tells me get the XL Stretch and be done. made of a frame of 2x2 square tubing and 12 gauge steel that is fully welded, no screws or rivets. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site. I understand the concept of how the charcoal feeds down into the smoker. Nice and flexible but the slice doesn't fall apart from its own weight, just about perfectly cooked for me. 1. Read good things about the Myron Mixons, Max rates them with a Gold medal. Problem is that I don't listen and I'm impatient ;) I had to try it anyway. Featured Deep South Smokers GC28 Gravity Fed. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. Then moving the kamados back to our decks. Anyone have the rotisserie kit for a MB gravity smoker? Fits 2 full size foil buffet pans per rack. You definitely want to get the universal fan, but the kamado version worked in a pinch and let me sleep overnight. Need the space ASAP. Do gravity fed smokers always have an offset firebox? ), so I planned to split the briskets like I do in competitions. Like you say, they emphasize "insulated" designs and and less coal usage, which means the air flow is not the same and you have two different beasts. SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases. Smash Steak Burgers with Bacon, Grilled Onions, an 2017 Sunshine State Eggfest presented by Wassi's M Memorial Day Grilling Ideas - Ribeye Steak with Ga Each time we did a contest in the past, John and I had to move a kamado grill 16 times (4 kamados, 4 times each) in 36 hours. Add about 1 cup of the warm au-jus. build a gravity feed smoker like this outdoor kitchen, build a gravity feed smoker like this outdoor kitchen, gravity feed vs conventional smoker design the bbq, bbq smokers cooker bbq grills deep south smokers, building my mini gravity feed smoker page 2, feldon s bbq pit builder calculator feldoncentral design, gravity feed smoker plans I also greatly appreciate Paige Thompson (, This was a major purchase that I spent months contemplating and I am 100% happy that I pulled the trigger, no regrets. Meathead's AmazingRibs.com promises to never sell or distribute any info about you individually without your express permission, and we promise not to, ahem, pepper you with email or make you eat spam. With sizes ranging in capacity of only a couple of butts to 100+ butts, we have a gravity feed for you. 2" x 2" steel tube frame. Click here to read our complete review. A friend of a friend just bought an Assassin gravity smoker and loves it. Slice and place into a half-sized steam pan. But less time in the smoke also means less smoke flavor, all other things being equal. Agree both Stumps and Mixon are excellent units. You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor at: Looking to get a gravity feed vertical smoker.Large capacity ..any input is greatly appreciated. I pulled the point when it was tender about 10am. We have run it for 24 hours straight, twice, and run several overnight cooks on it. TJ Cavaliero. I slice the rested point into 1" cubes and put them into a half-sized steam pan. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Hand made since 1987. The SouthernQ Limo starts at $3800 and the Limo Elite is around $4300. Racks are approximately 26-1/2" x 25". Each one of our smokers are hand crafted by a small team of very talented fabricators thatpour their hearts into each piece they create. We extend this right to anyone, EU resident or not. I have the baby wish I would have gone with the baby xl but you can't go wrong with a Stumps smoker. Add to cart. MMMM.. BRISKET.. Our Homepage: Donation to Forum Overhead: Welocme: Merchandise: Associations: Purchase Subscription: Amazon Affiliate : The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. Those videos are a couple of years old. As the fire burns below in the firebox, gravity keeps the coal loading in for consistent burning. 2" thick Roxul insulation in all doors and lining inside exterior walls. I chose to match our trailer and went with Victory Red (a General Motors color). i have for sale a 2 year old Deep South GC 28 for sale. 31 Show Me More Subscribe to receive updates, recipes, tips and more. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I pour this into a fat separator and then strain it into 2 cups of warm beef stock. From Left to right, 4lb spare ribs, 17lb brisket, 12.3lb brisket, and 2 8lb pork butts. Request Pricing. In this video we find out how well the header system evenly distributes the heat through out the cooking chamber. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Deep Fried Turkey Cook Time: 30 - 60 min 30 to 60 min" Skill: Intermediate. Gravity Feed Smoker RFG-60. THREE WAYS TO BUY: (1) Choose your grill/smoker from the drop-down below to find a compatible model: (2) Use our fun and easy-to-use "Guru Guide" to find the Guru right for you! 2" x 2" steel tube frame. Normally, I only use the Mojobricks at critical smoke times, like the first 2 hours and the last hour. Fully insulated, show piece bbq cookers . We now only have to manage 1 fire instead of 4. Gravity feed smokers typically have two chambers - the firebox and the cook chamber. Up til now I've only competed with my reverse flow stickburner. *Free shipping applies to complete kits which include a fan and adaptor. This is the top hatch door, where you load in the coal. Clever, eh? You must log in or register to reply here. Cook for the whole family with the Old Country BBQ Pits Insulated Gravity Fed Charcoal Smoker. So then, getting that radiant heat into your cooking chamber is a good thing. 1" x 1" steel handle. $1400.00. For a gravity fed cooker in that range look at the Rebel, Assassin or Superior cookers. The Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker is a progressive tool that can control its temperature by itself. . H2O Water Smoker - MMS-36. 18. We are proud to have Flame Boss as an equipment sponsor. Despite the being the wrong fan (6cfm for kamados), once I got the smoker up to temp, this kept the temp steady. He took Tuffy Stone's class early this Spring and we're obviously going to bring a lot of that into our competition processes. I used a floor plate mount (plumbing dept at Lowes) to rig the fan to the Deep South. Ditching the pellet smoker for a stick burner, Weber 18" Smokey Mtn smoker FS in Hudson Fl, Masterbuilt Gravity Series Smokers Are a Quality Control Nightmare; My Review. Ash pan included, Patented heat distribution made with 4x8 steel tube. Gravity Fed Smokers. Additional latches on the top and bottoms of the 2 doors keeps the front secured airtight as well. 3. Available in 3 sizes: 560, 800, and 1050, Masterbuilt virtually .