h4 port of entry documents

During the interview, the interviewers will try to determine whether your relationship with the H type visa holder is genuine. Rohit has extensive experience in credit risk analytics and data science. H-4 dependents are not eligible for employment authorization. H1B1 Visa for Professionals from Chile and Singapore, O1 Visa for Persons With Extraordinary Ability, P Visa for Athletes, Artists and Entertainers. If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. @Pooja - did you get a response to your question above. VISA is valid and stamped on her passport. POE will be on the first City where you Land in USA. Complete Guide to Working on an H4 Visa in the U.S. DS 160 for H4 Visa: What You Should Know about It, Complete Guide to H4 Visa Interview Questions. (Paystubs, Employment letter) That's about it. H4 visa holders canapply for a change of status. 21 Cheapest & Affordable Colleges in USA for International Students, How do I get a replacement Social Security Card for my child online, What Is The Visa For Parents To Visit Their Children In USA, Can You get US Citizenship after Student Visa. I m first time traveling on my h1b visa. This website uses cookies, some of which are essential for the functionality of the website while others are for improving user experience and personalization. Appreciate your help and will help me a lot. Hope it helps.. Read US Port of Entry Procedures, Common FAQs to understand the general process at port of entry and what to expect. When you start your H4 visa application, you will get the DS-160 barcode. Can I say its a critical work requirement for a month! Pictures of your witnesses and whoever was conducting the ceremony. I have booked one-way ticket as no airline issuing ticket beyond 10 months return at time. The admission stamps with notations and the Form I-94 printouts are proof of admission to and legal immigration status in the U.S. Everyone needs to keep copies of their passport biodata/expiration pages, visas, admission stamps, and Form I-94 records permanently in case any of these documents are lost or stolen. akm6270, November 21, 2014 in Travel. Hi Sagar, Am into the same situation, i will be attending POE in chicago and then proceed to Detroit where my sister is staying. Did you have an arranged or love marriage? Booking receipts of your honeymoon or other post-marriage trips. Was your marriage registered? Family members may apply for H-4 admission with or after the H-1B employees arrival in the U.S.; they do not need to file applications with USCIS before applying for their visas and/or entry. Amongst common H4 visa interview questions will also be those relating to your intent for going to the US. I also works in TCS. With so much riding on the H4 visa interview, knowing the interview questions beforehand can help you prepare for this very important step. Copy of passport biodata page (if new/renewed). Passport valid for at least six months beyond the H-1B authorization end date (if a passport will expire before the H-1B end date, that person will be granted a shorter period of stay); Copy of admission stamp with notations in passport; Copy of H-4 visa in passport (if any); and. If this is not possible -Can I transfer my H1B after my VISA expires also with new employer from India? Visitors website to: If you cannot get your Form I-94 from the CBP website, you may file Form I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record, with USCIS. H4 visa holder @Port of Entry documents- First time Over 1M Users on Trackitt LoginSignup Over 1M Trackitt Users Coronavirus (COVID-19): What You Need to Know Before You Travel Read More Toggle navigation Trackers USA Employment Based Trackers USA Family Based Trackers Canada Immigration Trackers UK Immigration Trackers Generally, a H4 visa holder is advised to carry the following documents. The U.S. Department of States U.S. embassies and consulates website contains information on visa application requirements and instructions on how make appointments for a visa interviews. Your passport and visa (and I-94, see below) should, on theory, be sufficient. I am assuming you mean expiring in August MidIt is pretty fine, they will give you I-94 end date until your H1B approval date. Once you arrive in the U.S., you can apply for a drivers license. Once I secure a project then theyll initiate my visa transfer. Is this will effect the transfer process.The new employer is saying he will do transfer once premium is resumed(Probably USICS will resume in Sep). Is it fine if i land in SFO and after few days travel to Reston(work location). It is acceptable ? They may file a Form I-539/I-539A to change status to H-4 after the employees H-4 petition is submitted, but before their current status expires. Apply for H-4 admission at a U.S. port of entry below. 3. Your H1 petition approval and the H4 visa on her passport. Blogitivity Media FZ LLC, Ajman Media City UAE. Looking for U.S. government information and services? By default they would assume employer mentioned on the visa stamp is the current employer. no need for photo album and such things. Now my question is, can I travel with my original H1B at NJ and work remotely for my client in Chicago ? Could you share your experience? Pay the fee and save the receipt, as you will need it later during your application procedures. This visa has been criticized a lot and some people call it the slave visa since it restricts the visa holders rights in some ways. Did you carry any other documents ? What is the highest degree of your spouse? Though it is not a complicated process and most of the H1B holders are allowed to enter the US, there are few instances, where some were denied entry. Copy of the principal applicants work experience letters. Can i comeback without going to dropbox to change it to employer B. I am having an H1-b approved from employer A, valid until Sep 2021 along with the stamping. These officers have the discretion to admit family members in H-4 status and may refer them to a more detailed secondary inspection. To apply for a visa, the applicant must begin the H4 visa process and fill out a DS-160 form online and then attend their visa interview. Luckily, with an H4 visa, dependent family members can join the H1 visa holder during their stay in the US. And might even (in some circumstances) ask for some documents thatll verify your relationship with the visa sponsor. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the port of entry will review all documents an ask the person about the purpose of the visit. Original Interview appointment letter and one copy. Proof of my employment in US: company letter and pays slips 3. A H4 visa holder can however work if the original sponsor has filed for green card and has an EAD achieved. I would be entering the country on a new I-797. After reaching USA i will be apply for extension. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issues Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, to aliens who are: All persons need a Form I-94 except U.S. citizens, returning resident aliens, aliens with immigrant visas, and most Canadian citizens visiting or in transit. Any time limit? However, if you get accepted to an academic program in the US as an F-1 student, then you could get the F-1 visa, instead of the H4. If you have changed your name after marriage, you should get it changed in your passport before applying for an H4 visa. Hi, my flight route is Mumbai-Delhi-Brussels National, Brussels-Newark. You will be asked the reason for being there. The H4 visa allows you to go to the US if you are married to a H visa holder. Under the automatic visa revalidation provision of immigration law, certain temporary visitors holding expired nonimmigrant visas who seek to return to the United States may be admitted at a U.S. port of entry by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), including, but not limited to the following: There was no issue and he was able to enter . 2 months back I came back to USA. (Optional) Copy of your resume that was used in H1B visa filing, You will need the address information of where you will stay in America and what are the arrangements for the initial stay. The tickets are booked by my employer, however, is it possible that they want to see my bank balance? She works in TCS. If only minor children are applying for H-4 status, the eldest childs information is entered on the Form I-539 and each additional child completes a Form I-539A. If asked about the delay, you can say that project was delayed etc. Two US visa photographs. The content in this website is intended solely for use by University of Hawaii (UH) personnel. Canadian citizens do not need to apply for visas at U.S. embassies or consulates. Travelers can speed up their entry into the U.S. by providing their biographic and travel information, and paying the $6 fee for their I-94 application online up to seven days prior . I have a scanned original copy of my I 797. That is the length of time that you can to stay in the US. The following is the list of documents required to prepare for H4 visa stamping. Thanks, Actually my query is- I am trying for new employer to transfer my H1B before my VISA expires in July. The reason is, if you end up into any issues, you can reach out to them. All rights reserved. This post provide us all details which one should keep in their mind while applying for USA Business visa. The questions can range around topics like below, We have compiled a list of questions that you can expect, check US Port of Entry Questions by CBP Officer. The University of Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. If your spouse is already in the United States, why are you choosing to apply for a visa now? For example, if you get a temporary, non-agricultural job, you can apply for a change of status to an H-2B visa. Review our. Input your search keywords and press Enter. Did you make this appointment for the interview? Sample H4 Visa US Entry Stamp at Port of Entry by CBP Officer, Travel to USA Processes, Samples, How to Guides, Visa Category Stamps by CBP Officer at Port of Entry, US Visa Interview Waiver Options extended until Dec 31st, 2023. Your answer will be very helpful. Will there be any issue at POE ? Gathering all of these completed documents will ensure that your H4 visa application process goes smoothly. New, Renewal? What were the questions asked at POE? Evidence of the H-1B employees status (copies of Form I-94, visa, approval notice, offer/support letter. Processing time 2-7 month. I need to travel to usa as soon as possible, Can I still travel using my previously stamped visa and move to minneapolis from there and then when I return to india, I can get it stamped for the H1b cap exempt approved visa. Technically, your new employer will apply for a fresh petition using your previous H1B case number, which is only used to identify that your petition is cap exempt and can be filed anytime. Marriage certificate. Passport. The Employer mentioned there will be some risk at Port of Entry as i am travelling late . I am planning to travel to USA on 26 Aug. 2017. How to Apply for H4 EAD? 12. Let me know can i travel to USA due to short visa validity issue ( 5 weeks) If I travel , is there any chance to deport at Port of entry due to short visa validity issue ( 5 weeks). What If Your H4 Visa Application Is Rejected? The way in which the Form I-539/I-539A is filed will differ if dependents are filing it concurrently with or after an H-1B petition is filed. I am planning to travel to India from April 2022-May 2022. Visit CBPs I-94, Travel Records for U.S. If asked, you can share the same. Now you need to set up your repayment method. The denial of entry happens in very rare cases, where there is fraud or misrepresentation of documents or anything as such. All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear! I have valid H1B visa till 2019. My Question is 1. Are you planning to get a job in the United States? . Do you know why you were rejected before? Also my employer in i797 is different from what is on visa. Secure .gov websites use HTTPS He was travelling from India but his visa was about to expire within a month. Please let me know. Please reach me out in 1311rahul@gmail.com. If the H4 visa holder's visa stamp on the passport is valid, they can use the same visa stamp and present the New H1B approval notice copy of their spouse after transfer. Prefer to have original but not a mandatory. H1B primary I797 receipt required. You can do this by filing Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status. Attach the following documents for each dependent to the Form I-539/I-539A: If dependents are in another country and will enter the U.S. in H-4 status, they do not need to file Form I-539/I-539A. We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible. I have H1B petition approve till Sep 2017 but visa issue (stamped in Passport) till Sep 2017. Apply for H-4 admission at a U.S. port of entry. Your email address will not be published. Many wives (and husbands) of H1 visa holders travel to the US, to stay with their spouses on this visa. How to Check US Visa Status Online? I always get nervous upon port entry cant wait till the questions are finished! Disclosure: Content may contain sponsored links to partner programs and affiliates, which may earn us a commission from sales generated, at no additional cost. Letter from employer that describes the relationship with the Principal Applicant and the purpose of travel. She is traveling with two kids so it is more convinient since Chicago is a direct flight from Delhi. If your spouse is currently working in the U.S. on an H1-B visa, please submit the pay slips for the current calendar year and federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2s) for all the years in which he/she has been employed in the U.S. on the H-1B visa. Optional documents to carry Proof of residence in USA of primary visa holder (ID copy or address proof). it would be very helpful. You are expected to complete and submit the form prior to your scheduled interview at the Consulate or Embassy. Do you have any proof of this? The Form I-765 is an H-4 spouses personal application for an optional benefit, so FSIS cannot assist with preparing and filing these applications. The general process is same, except that for H1B visa holders, they may ask and review H1B visa related documentation. Receipts for payments of wedding expenses. A better way to go about getting a Green Card is to change status to an H-1B visa and then apply for the Green Card. Yes. What is the name of the company where your spouse works? If you are outside the US, you will need to submit your application for H4 Visa at the US Embassy where your spouse or parent has applied or in your home country if you and your spouse are of different nationalities. H-4 eligibilityObtaining and extending H-4 statusEmployment permitted for certain H-4 dependentsStudy permitted for H-4 dependents. H-4 dependents may study in the U.S. on either a full or part time basis. Well, in general, it is recommended to carry the original. H4 visa holders can apply for a drivers license in the US. Citizens of all other countries are required to obtain H-4 visas fromU.S. embassies or consulates. Marriage Cert, I-797 for H-1, your EVL. Valid I797 of the primary visa holder. Families need to consider the waiting periods for visa interview appointments and visa issuance and plan ahead to allow enough time to obtain the necessary visas to enter the U.S. Use this option when UH is filing an H-1B change of status petition for an employee and their dependent family members (e.g., F-2, O-3) will be in the U.S. at the time the employees change to H-1B status takes place. US visa interview appointment letter (emailed to you when applying for the interview), Copy of the primary visa holders passport, Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together, Passport-sized photograph of the applicant, Confirmation page of the online DS-160 form, A copy of the primary visa holders form I-797, A letter from the primary visa holders employer stating the nature of the relationship between the primary visa holder and employer, Pay stubs from the primary visa holders current place of work. What do you plan on doing in the United States? DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application confirmation page; Visa interview appointment confirmation page; Passport valid for at least six months beyond the H-1B employees authorization end date; Evidence of relationship to the H-1B employee: Evidence of H-1B employees status (copies of Form I-94, visa, approval notice, offer/support letter, Any other documents required by the specific. Hi Jhansi, When is your travel date and from which company are u travelling. H4 visa holders can legally: Work Get a drivers license Open bank accounts Go to school Be eligible for an ITIN (Tax ID) Receive a social security number If they have doubts they can access USCIS system to confirm that petitions authenticity. You may not be asked to show these documents in transit airports, when you are have connecting flights, but it is good to have all the info. Do I need return ticket? Make sure you carry all your documents and be prepared to answer questions. H4 Visa Stamping Documents You will need the following documents for getting H-4 visa stamping: Mandatory Documents Current passport as well as old passports One photograph (Only for dropbox appointment) Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC bar code. , No it wont , h1b transfer exempt from cap. Is there any problem in port of entry as my visa expires in 75days. An H4 visa gives spouses and children under 21 of H1B visa holders the ability to join the visa holder in the US. What are any queries at POE for taking 11 months for travel. Jhansi, Dont worry too much about POE. In addition to this form, you will have to also submit these supporting documents: When you attend the interview for an H4 Visa, the consular officer will ask you several questions. Also, you would need to carry the information of the person you are going to meet in America. what are options available. You will need all your documents related to H1B visa, and supporting documents, when you meet the CBP officer at Port of Entry. Its possible your H4 visa application will be rejected. Also, you should know the address of the place you'll be staying when you arrive, and the name of your employer and what kind of work you'll be doing. Copy of my I-797 2. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites. When you travel and arrive in US in flight or ship, you would go through Port of Entry Procedures , where a CBP officer would interview you and stamp your passport. An H4 visa is a dependent visa, where a spouse (husband or wife) can get to stay in the US, for the same time as the sponsor (H1 visa holder). As soon as you file the DS-160 form, schedule an interview appointment with the US Embassy from which you are applying for the H4 visa. Dont worry too much. Option 4: Visit any US Port of Entry CBP office at Airport 6. I didn't need to use AP as I applied for H1 overseas although I had a valid AP doc, never used it to enter US, after I applied for my H1, it had to go through Admin Processing at . Once you are settled in the first few weeks, then you can buy domestic insurance from US providers or have your employer cover it. I have a return on 19th march. Thanks, Ricky. There is always the standard disclaimer, that tells admission is subject to POE and in hands of CBP officer, but nothing to panic, if you have everything correct. I am coming to USA on H1B with my wife first time and will be landing to LCA state and staying with friend who is also employee with my H1B Sponsor. Check out our guide for what to do in case of an H4 visa rejection. Optional documents to carry Proof of residence in USA of primary visa holder (ID copy or address proof). Could you please suggest on this , As i am very much tensed on this, Want to talk to you urgently. Some people will particulate in a fake marriage to obtain a visa, so your interview should prove that you are your spouse are in fact married and have a close, loving relationship. By applying for the H4 visa, these family members are granted temporary residence in the US during the time that the H1 visa-holding family member is working in the US. Two Passport-size photograph. Note:We do not offer visa/legal advice or application services, so we do not respond to such inquiries. Visitors website, Apply for a new I-94 (land border travelers only), See how much longer you can remain in the U.S. based on the terms of your admission, Form I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record, Applying for Admission into United States. Can you reach me at nitin(dot)infoscian(@)gmail(dot)com. 2) In case, if I travel and later on move forward for the visa transfer with them will I be needing the I-797 form from employer B? There are also no restrictions on where an H4 visa holder can work, which means that approved applicants are not limited to a specific employer and can even consider self-employment. This form states the dates that the visa of your spouse or parent is valid. Documents Required for I-94 Extension. Provide any additional information if required. My Employer is given Product Development while going to stamping in 2015 , so there will be any problem ? ( the latter is the plan). But now, my employer has filed for h1b cap exempt for minneapolis location and it too got approved yesterday till dec 2025. The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). How did you obtain all the documents required for the H4 Visa interview? Hi I am planning to travel in mid of next week to Texas from Hyderabad. If you have previously worked on H1B for the sponsor, (Optional) If you worked in past at a Client as third party placement previously on H1B Visa, (Optional) If you are going to work at Client on H1B visa, you can carry copy of Client letter, (Optional) Experience letters related to your previous work, if any. Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, Information for Completing USCIS Forms. Submit the primary applicants last 6 months bank statements as well. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. H4 or L2 and EAD workers: If you are working on EAD while having an H4 or L2 visa, then you should have a recent 3 to 6 pay stubs and your employment letters. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer. Also, many H4 visa holders want to know whether they can apply for a Green Card. Keep in mind that having an H4 visa or any US visa types does not guarantee entry to the US. immihelp.com is private non-lawyer web site. H1B Port of Entry Documents Checklist, Process, US Port of Entry questions by CBP Officer, Short Term Travel Insurance for Travel to US on H1B. So, if you have a copy, that should be good enough..Most employers are open to give the same, but you should be fine. Mine is similar case. i wana know in specific about POE chicago.is it cool? Which type of visa do you want approval for? 1. Im planning to go to india in March to bring my wife and kid. My wife will be travelling on her own for first time to US on H4 visa. The visitor must exit the U.S. on or before the departure date stamped on the Form I-94. Who paid for your wedding, and how much did it cost? Individuals who already have H-4 visas that will be valid on the date they arrive in the U.S. do not need to apply for new ones and may also proceed to 2. You will be interviewed by CBP Officer at the port of entry and they need to let you in after review. Air and sea travelers will be issued I-94s during the admission process at the port of entry. 1.passport with valid H4 visa 2. all other docs taken to H4 visa stamping interview. Yes, it is possible to apply for cap exempt H1B petition even after your H1B visa expiration on passport. Article Contents hide 1. Family members can mail the Form I-539/I-539A application packet to USCIS on their own, or file the Form I-539 online for each dependent. In which month and year did your spouse get approval for the H-1 Visa? Were you engaged before getting married to your spouse? Before 2015, H4 visa work was prohibited. , He spent years building credit risk and fraud models for top U.S. banks. Below is complete list of documents to carry. May be will go to my employers place after a week. However , I want to land and stay in SFO to visit my close relative for 1 week. You would be asked a set of questions related to your employment, company or anything that is related to your H1B.