independent fundamental baptist rules

37. In the past 25 years, Ive seen many children leave but very few come back. Thousands of people, including myself, beg to differ. Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:1-5: Judge not, that ye be not judged. So the IFB pastor did counseling for 2 weeks and then, despite physical abuse, told you to get married! The Bible gives qualifications for each office. I dont agree with this because there is nothing wrong with going to college. This is the only church Ive been to, so I just awsume all Churchs are loving, caring, forgiving, honest, and strive to bring glory to god and its just sad to here that thats not the case. I came to get a few laughs but it sounds like you were really hurt by some church growing up. THESE SERMON OUTLINES By Michael D. ONeal, Founder and Pastor Since 1986 Of. If you stay, Im almost certain youll end up regretting it. You are quick to throw in a jab about how much you dislike them, but cannot tolerate anyone saying different. Its my calling and my ministry. WebIndependent Fundamental Churches of America, fellowship of conservative, independent Christian churches stressing biblical truth. Id rather do the hard work than be a robot though. We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control. I have to admit its a lot less work than actually thinking through things. N/A I can forgive people for offenses committed against me. No one is "born into the church." WHY do children that leave IFB churches hardly ever come back? 4,2, and 7 month old. Yes, believers disagree, theres nothing wrong with that. (Acts 2:41-47; 1 Corinthians 12:12,18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; Hebrews 10:23-25), Scripture mandates two offices for the local church: Pastor and Deacon. I get the vibe that you were alienate by IFB movement at some point, as were a lot of us, but dont try to use that as an excuse to go on a crusade against fellow believers. Copyright 2002-2023 Got Questions Ministries. 2Co 2:10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; You said we dont forgive people for their salvation we cant because we arent Jesus. He is the Head of the church. 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but dont follow their example. I do not know if laugh or cry , almost 30 yrs involved in this , Im still a Christian , I serve in my church , Ive learned more since I left the movement , I am happier more devoted Christian than when I was manipulated to go out soulwinning , bus driving ,Sunday school teaching etc. Would you go back and pet a dog after it bit you? You are still required to tithe in the IFB regardless of your source of income. 2. You can read some of them in the comments section and in the testimonial section here: https://baptistdeception.com/testimonials/. Believing its a sin is one thing, believing its an unforgivable sin is another. I am also against body piercings as well. 31. No one knew about the marriage except us. We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious misery until the second resurrection, when with soul and body reunited they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting, conscious punishment (Luke 16:19-26; Matthew 25:41-46; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 20:11-15). 7. We are not affiliated with any man-made external organization be it a Convention, Association, Fellowship, or National Denomination. I had no idea that I, as an IFB, might be guilty of these things. Tithing is also commanded in the bible and we are to give because he loves us and give with a joyful heart. If you believe that someone who smokes, drinks, parties, dances, listens to secular music, listens to Christian contemporary music, etc. Most pastors skip virtue, usually because they just dont know any better. Of course these cultural attachments border on the cultic, no doubt are legalistic, and hopefully will disappear eventually as the old guard depart their bondage in this life for Glory! He says he isnt saved but is open minded and is at least asking questions. My church members are filled with sin and give account to God alone. Im glad they didnt because Id probably be ashamed admitting Im a liar. Forgiving someone has nothing to do with whether or not you believe that Jesus died for their sins. But, all teasing aside, the author and other commentators sound very bitter and unhappy so I honestly feel badly for you. Please dont mistake this for a lack of respect or an attempt to minimize the seriousness of the abuse that happens among the Independent Fundamental Bapitsts. The truth is, if you had sex with ANY woman before you finally decided to marry one of them, you are a divorced man. Since the origins of the church, Baptists have said the Bible is the only authority for Christian faith WebOur Mission. Did I have to marry him because I forgave him? The members were so sweet to us. The school was run by Lester Roloff, an independent fundamental Baptist preacher who broke from the Southern Baptist Convention in 1954 and founded a series Three words vacation bible school *shiver*. While I dont have a general opinion on this, I do believe that we should discipline our kids in the same sense that God disciplines us. Hypocrites! Believe it or not I can find time to pray while at the same time not sending my loved ones to an abusive church. It is interesting that you refer to IFB as viewing divorce people as being inferior Christians and are forbidden to hold any leadership positions in the church looking to their Scofield Bibles for direction. Members all so giving that it made me want to be a giving person. You might For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the lawjustice, mercy, and faith. We believe that God created the entire universe in six literal, twenty-four-hour days (Genesis 1:1-27). Also, we lived in a free Appartement with food stamps. I want no part of it except to expose it for what it is cultish. The New IFB does not consider itself to be a denomination. If the IFB churches are hurting the cause of Christ, would your attitude and example also hurt His cause. Instead of attempting to find humor , find time to pray for them. I forgave him before he changed. Pastor Wilkerson was the one and ONLY pastor who allowed me to work passionately in what ever church ministry I chosen. That is contrary to Bible doctrine for a pastor. It didnt raise red flags for me. The Pharisees were filled with hypocrisy and iniquity and my church is not. Being a IFB preacher, I confess a lot of truth here. Scofield came to know Christ AFTER all of that, so I dont hold that against him. Youre supposed to read the word daily, it says give us this day our daily bread. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This is assuming that the parable of the prodigal son is some kind of instruction on how to deal with a troubled child We told to get married. Does he always heal people no. I was in an IFB church for eight years and left because the weight of never feeling that I would be good enough for this church had worn me down. The word fundamental simply means that we adhere to the fundamentals (basics) of the true Christian faith. WebActs 15:36,41; 16:5; I Corinthians 16:1; Galatians 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4, 10, 11. The bitterness argument has been answered many times. Abortion is murder. Because of your traditions you have destroyed the authority of Gods word. 15. OK That list just brought back memories that I can thankfully laugh at now. If you believe going to the movies is a sin but not renting movies or watching them on TV, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 10. Also God commands us to try the spirits to see if they are of God that implies God gave us the power of discernment 1 John 4: 1-5. Since God looks at Jesus to forgive Ill look at Jesus also to forgive. While I am not against crucifixes but using them in public worship is idolatry because the bible forbids idols. We believe the King James Bible to be inerrant. My birth mother is a Catholic she didnt raise me. I do believe the requirements of a bishop and deacon is the husband of one wife.1 Timothy 3:2,12 we dont look down on divorced people. A Baptist church may choose to associate with other churches of like faith Hope you have a great day! The New IFB does not consider itself to be a denomination. Its insidious and extremely toxic. Baptist Churches Since 1975 Are From the Ministry of a Man of Whom it Has Been Said: You are probably the most childish acting preacher You strain your water so you wont accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel! I was taught that. (Colossians 1:18; Matthew 18:15-20; Acts 15:22-21; 2 Corinthians 8:1-5, 19, 23), All born-again believers have the privilege of direct access to God. Great job adding a bit of levity! If you are really interested in finding out about my poor experiences with the IFB please read the website rather than make assumptions. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Whether we worship with hymns or hands int he air praise and worship songs, we are all suppose to be on the same side. If you think that three church services per week is the minimum and that you must attend all three every week, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 9. I aint got any place to judge anyone because in all honesty i have messed up in life a lot. We dont believe if you get rid of all the sin in your life youll be a completely healthy person. While God hates divorce, but we should help those who are divorce so they can grow spiritually. Only a person who has embraced the Savior in fa Continue Reading 4 AbdulQadir Salati As far as tithing is concerned, the people who do tithe, it should be because they tithe because they want to. (II Corinthians 12:12; I Corinthians 13:8; Hebrews 2:3-4; Mark 16:17-20; I Corinthians 1:22, 14:21-22). You might be a hypocrite if you dedicate a whole website to exposing deception while using it.??? Duh Get your mind out of the gutter. (2 Timothy 2:15), We believe the first day of the week is the Lords Day. This group is for fellowship, sharing of resources, devotional thoughts, posting of sermons, news of interest, ministry ideas, missionary/church links, KJV verse photos, and general edification. Let God tell you who He is in the letter He wrote for you and youll find a love you cannot comprehend. 6:14-17), We believe that God has commanded that no intimate physical activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. Do you find them so humorous ? The home, the church, and the state are equal and sovereign in their respective Biblically assigned spheres of responsibility under God. lm 8:4-9; Colossians 3:9-11). If you go to a church that sings/plays Just As I Am at the end of every service, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 21. This is an assumption.. Every child of God has equal access to their Heavenly Father. Neither should control the other. 21 And when you swear by the Temple, you are swearing by it and by God, who lives in it. Yes, see my answer to your first question. We wanted Gods blessing of Mariage. We affirm without apology the doctrines frequently identified as the Fundamentals of the Faith, which include the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, and imminent return of Jesus Christ. We believe that a Fundamentalist is defined by their adherence to orthodox theology, orthodox methodology, and will only fellowship with those who do the same. If you feel guilty for not having devotions 7 days a week, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 42. 48. In fact, if you're single you know what I'm talking about. WebEvery active member wishing to speak shall rise and respectfully address the moderator. Do you know what Jesus told the Pharisees? The Lord is doing His work in ths world through local churches. Belief number 51 is absolutely wrong. You are quick to throw in a jab about how much you dislike them, but cannot tolerate anyone saying different. (Matthew 22:15-22; 28:19-20;Romans 13:1-7). Plus they believe that one cannot lose his salvation, Eternal Security, or Once Saved, Always Saved on the Calvinist view. If you feel compelled to go door to door witnessing (or were compelled to visit a nursing home as a teen), you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 28. Me preferring the Kjv bible and believing its the inspired word of God is not incorrect. If you think that anything other than what your church teaches about salvation is easy believism, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist. Thanks for reading! Welpjust commented for the sake of the few who posted comments and clearly are rowing the same boat as I! If you think that secular music (i.e., anything other than old time gospel hymns) is sinful, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 19. 49. The preachers who I knew as a teenager all had real degrees in theology from acredited universities. [4][5], A split in the New IFB occurred in January 2019, after Donnie Romero, pastor at Stedfast Baptist Church-Fort Worth (SBC), resigned after it was revealed he had hired prostitutes, smoked marijuana and gambled. If you question if youre truly saved or not when youre having trouble accepting that giviing 10% of your gross income is a direct commandment for all Christians and if you dont give it, youre under a curse. We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Psalm 12:6-7; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:20-21), Each local church is an independent body accountable to the Lord Jesus Christ. There are a couple places but, they're all pretty much much secular and worldly. Out of over 30 , maybe 5 in 25 years the appearance of things is more important than reality, aka, you will cover up abuse and silence victims in order to protect the name of Christ. To the author, I hope youll be okay someday and if you can find a way to dig out that root I think youll find peace. I had a wedding dress from when my boyfriend proposed on December 5, 2010. Our only Head is the Lord Jesus Christ and our only headquarters is heaven. ? ), you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 41. OMG! Do you realize this was written as humorous piece ? Please read the rest of the website and my story rather than just judge me. 4 They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden. If you think that the KJV is inspired, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 2. Well Pastor Wilkerson is no longer here, and welllll.as far as Im concerned will never be the same. 16 Blind guides! 26. You consider it a personal failure if you are not able to find a verse within ten seconds, and secretly proud if you are able to find it right away. Baptists are people of the Bible and not fellings. I have no position or opinion of this God speaks to individuals through His Word and His Spirit. As of 2019, the New IFB listed 32 affiliated congregations on its website, most in the U.S. with some in Australia, Canada, the Philippines and South Africa. We believe that eternal life is the present possession of every believer (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 38-39; I Corinthians 1:4-8; I Peter 1:4-5; Jude 1, 2). However, it wasnt Baptists that ordained him and of the IFB folks I know, they are lukewarm to the Scofield bible. If you think that other than suits and ties for men is too casual for Sundays While I dont believe that you must dress up for church with suits and ties, however, I do believe we should honor God in His house by dressing up. 5. So spontaneous but like it was planned. I dont know your past, but I know mine and it aint righteous. But if people come here to attack me and my views I will defend myself. Independent Fundamental Baptist or Bible-Believing Baptist) are a particularly cranky fundamentalist branch of unaffiliated I have scriptures on my walls that are from other versions. Sin is sin and the Holy Spirit works in us to pinpoint where we need to change and this happens while we are in the word. I dont believe my husband was the only one hurting the relationship. Every time I got to a low point in my life, I knew that I could count on the church to be there for me. No denomination, governmental body, or religious hierarchy may dictate the church's beliefs or practices. Praise God because us getting married and having faith we both grew. I can not forgive sins! If I chose to forgive him there would be hope for our relationship. 12. Simply not true. We should not tell who are the good and bad Christians because we should treat everyone with love just like God loves every one of us. Im going back to my independent baptist church where there is no compromising. We recognize the ordinances of baptism by immersion in water and the Lord's Supper as a Scriptural means of testimony for local churches in this age (Matthew. I dont know what Daves intentions were. If you look down on people who are divorced, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 38. Correction is my discernment. I believe this passage is a description of the IFB church Im a member of. Theres a place to rebuke abusive religious practices. Cleveland Baptist Church - Cleveland, OH - Pastor Kevin Folger ; Community Baptist Growing up in a very conservative IFB church, I can personally attest to how accurate most of these were. I had a free apartment, food stamps, government phone, and a $60.. utility check every month. Not all churches are the same and if they are teaching Bible, they do teach about sin, and it should not be to make you feel any constraint towards the pastor to get away from that sin, but to learn to have some personal conviction that their sins need to be addressed, but THEY have to make that decision. He perhaps worded somethings poorly perhaps, but he is completely turned off by your attitude and responses Steve. How about shortchanging the Lord out of 20 minutes of Sunday service time worship for game show gimmickry hype to boost attendance? No, because thats not Gods will. The pastor our local congregation is the preaching elder and most Churches of Christ avoid the term, Pastor, when addressing their ministers. Exposing the Dangerous Teachings of the Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Denomination, Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Deception 2009-2020, Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Deception, You Might Be an Independent Fundamental Baptist if, https://baptistdeception.com/bitterness-deception/, https://baptistdeception.com/testimonials/, https://baptistdeception.com/reasons-for-not-accepting-the-kjv-as-gods-preserved-word-a-response-to-pastor-james-melton/, https://www.openbible.info/topics/tithe_in_the_new_testament, http://www.thelaymansbiblicalhandbook.com/, Broad Stroking and Sweeping Generalizations Fallacy, Harold Camping Fails to Predict the Rapture, The 10 Commandments of the Independent Fundamental Baptists, 92-Year-Old Woman Kicked Out of Church for not Tithing. Baptists are traditionally strong believers in Biblical authority. Most people find it hard to swallow that anyone really thinks that way at all. We believe raising your hands during warship is appropriate, but the Bible specifically says to bow the head 2 Chronicles 20:18. This is simply an attempt to bring some humor to the blog for the readers enjoyment. 28. Mental health issues is a result of sin and poor choices same position with my belief concerning IFB 48. I believe tithing is good and God blesses those who tithe. I grew up in a IFB school and then university, so I can totally relate. Many of these, yes are extreme, be we also need to not be compromising in some areas. when you run into her at Wal*Mart. [7], The New IFB currently lists 30 affiliated congregations on their website. What surprises me, though, is that he was ordained as a pastor and actually called to pastor DL Moodys church in Massachusetts as a divorced man. 9. If youve been taught that robbing God (not giving 10% of gross income) is the special, one specific sin that will cause God to lift all protection of your life and allow satan FULL LIBERTY to destroy you. If you refuse to use any other Bible version than the KJV because you think its either too worldly, sinful or less accurate,you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 4. If you refuse to eat at a restaurant because they serve alcoholic beverages, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 27. Rather than attack one another, perhaps understand where both are coming from? Yes, we have strife and faults and hypocrites. WebGetting to it. The establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in te New Testa ment Scriptures (Acts 14:27; 20:17, 28-32; I Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11). Should we stay living together with our baby in fornication? There I am separate does that mean Im never going to curse, or think negative thoughts. Also, please scroll up for additional information regarding your objections which Ive responded to ad nauseam. We ARE the church my friend! So I did. I forgave and praise the lord in my life forgiveness was indeed profitable. It is awful that they put the rules and instructions of their mythology ahead of their love for BUT, there is good news! We believe that the Scriptures are inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed. [8], The New IFB website states that it is not a denomination and that New IFB pastors have differing views over minor theological issues. The verses you quoted are taken out of context and dont mean what you imply them to mean. I had a pastor who was reaching out to me in the darkest part of my life, he used a broken phone as a way to get to me, he knew I could try and fix it, so he brought it to me and, rather than berating me, after I had fixed the phone he simply asked me Would it be okay if we just prayed together? and I knew, in that moment, that he actually did care about me, he didnt ask me to come to church, didnt ask for money, didnt ask for anything except for the opportunity to pray with me. Smoking in itself is not sin but I do agree that smoking can cause teeth decay, lung cancer, breast cancer, etc. Landlord Cody Johnson later agreed not to evict Stedfast Baptist from the Watauga location after communicating with Stedfast's lawyer.[15][16]. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 21. Mental health issues are just another health issue people have. We believe education in the world is good, but the teaching of evolution needs to be addressed if the individual is a little kid as false doctrine. I truly dont understand this one, ha! Church membership is a necessary privilege for believers who follow Christ. If you believe that the IFB isnt a denomination because they are Independent, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 37. [5], In 2021, the NIFB-affiliated First Works Baptist Church in El Monte, California was bombed with an improvised explosive device. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: Webindependent Baptist, to place in the hands of members of independent Baptist churches to help them to know the meaning of church membership and to better understand the doctrines and polity of Baptists, and particularly the reasons why we are independent Baptists and not affiliated with one of the various and sundry organizations among We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (John 1:1-2, 14; Luke 1:35; Isaiah 9:6; 7:14; Philippians 2:5-8; Galatians 4:4-5). I grew up in a baptist church and went elsewhere after college and I am learning how liberal other churches are and anything goes as long as the people are happy. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. 25 What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Get over it and work to rebuild the relationships instead of tearing down. I agree that God can use anything and anyone to reach people, but I can guarantee that the IFB has ulterior motives. I dont believe they bought our loyalty, because we werent of any good investment. This church is affiliated with the Minnesota Baptist Conference and the Baptist General Conference, and may likewise cooperate with interdenominational fellowships on a voluntary independent basis. We will never attain that on this side. God forgave my husband through Christ. If you attend a church that has a team of men who are charged with keeping an attendance count each Sunday, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 43. If you look down on people who are divorce That is absolutely wrong. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Bible, as it is in truth, the Word of God (I Thessalonians 2:13). Thats The Holy Spirit speaking to me. I didnt really say you can get drunk on grape juice but if I did, I might be a little confused. I have an old high school friend here with me who started visiting churches. I can tell by your grammar and spelling that you arent very educated (just an observation not a judgment). Remember when Jesus rebuked the Pharisees? at people who raise their hands during worship music you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 34. The New Independent Fundamental Baptist (New IFB) movement is a loose network of independent churches concentrated in the U.S. connected by their 52. Christ died for his sin already, so he had already been forgiven by God. 16. If you believe that women are inferior to men and are to be submissive to their husbands, you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 32. If you read any other bible besides the Kjv bible you not sining. To train up a child does not mean to beat him with a rod, although there BE TIMES that a spanking becomes necessary, but NEVER out of anger. The lost in the world watch us Christians closer than we know. And theyre most likely convinced that Donald Trumps election is really going to make their civil life better! Every person is individually responsible to God and will be judged according to the beliefs and practices he or she freely chooses. Grow your faith in a less toxic environment. 29. 3 And why worry about a speck in your friends eye when you have a log in your own? (John 3:36; Romans 14:4-12;2 Corinthians 4:2; Titus 1:9), Local church membership is restricted to individuals who give a believable testimony of personal faith in Christ and have publicly identified with Him in believer's baptism. Hey there. The women that I befriended in this church will always be my sister in Christ. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. If your church sings Just As I Am at the end of every service We sing that song once in a while since its a good invitational song. Sometimes it makes you wonder if they have EVER read/learned anything from Jesus! 23. https://baptistdeception.com/tithing/. Baptists believe the Bible and strive to live according to its teaching. God is the only one who can forgive mans sins. WebWOL's Directory of Independent Baptist Churches; Independent Baptist Churches. People that are lost cant do what God has commanded because of unbelief. (Job 3:16; Psalm 51:5; 139:14-16; Isaiah 44:24; 49:1, 5; Jeremiah 1:5; 20:15-18; Luke 1:44), We believe that God has ordained and created all authority which consists of three basic institutions: (1) the home, (2) the church, and (3) the state. WebBaptists reject the notion of baptism of people who do not know what is happening to them, such as children. 23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses. The pastors name is Kevin Draganac. around the world wherever our Lord directs. He perhaps worded somethings poorly perhaps, but he is completely turned off by your attitude and responses Steve. It was organized in Cicero, Illinois, U.S., in June 1930 as the successor to the American Conference of I hope that you left your church in good terms and that they knew how you felt and whoever was wrong to be revived and allow the precense of God to bring the individual to the norm in other words what christian ought to be not what men want to be. God cant forgive you if Jesus didnt save you. The Bible is our sole and final authority for faith and practice. Members come into the church personally, individually, and freely. 19 How blind! Back then, you had to wear your Sunday best. We had no money.. 42. If you believe that going to (or sending your child to) a college thats not approved by the IFB (e.g., Bob Jones University, Pensacola Bible College, Baptist Bible College, Hyles Anderson College, Tennessee Temple University) will cause you (or your child) to become worldly or will provide an undue worldly influence on you (or your child), you might be an Independent Fundamental Baptist, 29.