yeshua in hebrew letters

In about the 14th century, in the scriptoria of monasteries where Bibleswere copied by hand, monks began to elongate the initial I of words into a J. Since neither the Anglo-Saxons nor the Normans wouldsurrender their language to one another, the two became wedded, andeventually evolved into Modern English. But your walls are better. Though Yeshua is not as verbally attached to Jesus in modern Christianity as it is for those who follow Judaism, all should still view Yeshua as a name that celebrates what He did on earth and heaven for all those who profess His existence. God knows who calls upon his name, whether one does so in English, Portuguese, Spanish, or Hebrew. Doug is the founder of Ezra Adventures, a travel and education company, specializing in exclusive customized small group travel throughout Israel and the Middle East. 42:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? 149:4 For Yahweh takes pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. To obtain a true understanding of this word these scriptures need to be meditated And in each generation, they are discovered anew. Proud member [40] But E.Y. (Colossians 1:16-17). Read what it says: 136 is the Hebrew word Adonai and 430 is the Hebrew word Elohim. 14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel came out of Zion! They followed this protocolthroughout the New Testament, changing Mashiach (Messiah) to Messias, Elijah to Elias, Jehudah (Judah) to Judas, etc. 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is Yahweh; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation. The English spelling for Isous is "Jesus.". (Psalm 40:16), Restore to me the joy of Your salvation (Yeshua) and sustain me with a willing spirit. 2:21). [6] The Hebrew final letter ayin () is equivalent to final in Syriac varieties of Aramaic. Acts 21:13- Then Paul answered, What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? Printed on 100% cotton watercolour textured paper, Art Prints would be at home in any gallery. Choose either red or purple bezel setting. Cuneiform scriptscontain vowels. (Psalm 14:7), Let those who love Your salvation (Yeshua) say continually, The LORD be magnified! Recently, an ossuary box was found in Israel that some believed to be the burial container for James, the brother of Yeshua. Phonetically, the first three letters in the Heavenly Fathers name are also pronounced Yahu. Yahweh is the one who named His Son and we simply have no business changing it. 4399 || Royal Purple Fabric from Biblical Era Discovered in Israel, Apocalyptic Events Bring Revival Around the World, Whats the meaning of Genesis 3:15? Lets start with the form that is found in various Hebrew Lexicons: Yehoshua.. What Is the Meaning of Immanuel in the Bible? The view of Jesus to us, as Yeshua in the place of Joshua, shows that throughout time, He has been there as the deliverer and rescuer of people in need of help. Each name of God conveys a different meaning, and Yeshua Hamashiach reminds us of Jesus' witness to the Jewish people on earth, his Jewish heritage, and we are reminded of how the New Testament completes the set-up of the Old Testament. Truth is essentially personal. For example, God's emet and chesed were majestically revealed in giving the covenant at Sinai (Ex. Even saying Yeshua when addressing Him in prayer establishes a closer bond with the Lord that could be viewed in the same way one would reference a loved one in an intimate way. The first spelling has 6 lettersand the second spelling has 5 letters. [10] Among the Jews of the Second Temple period, the Biblical Aramaic/Hebrew name , Ya was common: the Hebrew Bible mentions several individuals with this name while also using their full name Joshua. Notice that the Hebrew word for truth (i.e., emet: ) contains the first letter Aleph (), the middle letter Mem (), and the last letter Tav () of the Hebrew alphabet, which the Jewish sages say implies that the truth contains everything from Aleph to Tav: The Hebrew word emet has a more concrete meaning than the English word for "truth" (the English word derives from the Greek/Western view of truth as a form of correspondence between language and reality, but invariably languished over epistemological questions that led, ultimately, to skepticism). 26:1 In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks. Therefore, in spite of what some may say, I find no evidence to suggest that(Yeshua) means Salvationin Hebrew. They mean "savior" and "the salvation of the Lord. Selah. An argument in favor of the Hebrew reduced form , Yeshua, as opposed to Yehoshua, is the Western Syriac language, in which the pronunciation is Yeshu /jeu/. 6662 || of An example oftransliteration would be Moshe becoming Moses, Yaakov becoming Jacob. 35:3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against those who persecute me: say to my soul, I am your salvation. There was no letter for the sh sound in theGreek alphabet. (Luke 2:30-32), It is extraordinary that he said my eyes have seen yeshua while he was actually holding baby Yeshua in his arms! Current scholarly consensus posits that the New Testament texts were translated from the Greek, but this theory is not supported directly at least by the name for Jesus, which is not a simple transliteration of the Greek form as would otherwise be expected, as Greek did not have a "sh" [] sound, and substituted [s]; and likewise lacked and therefore omitted the final ayn ([]). He is called several names that all mean the same man who lived on the earth for thirty-three years, went to the cross, and rose again on the third day to defeat death and rejoin His Father in heaven. This would have been the familiar Hebrew to Yeshua and His Talmidim (Disciples). In this is a lesson, for Moshe can show us the right way to live, but the law cannot save us. So the pronunciation Yahusha can be proven wrong by simply looking at the scriptures and knowing that in order to arrive at the Yahusha pronunciation, we would need to ignore the scriptures which clearly have a(oo sound) after the(sh sound). From this Hebrew word we also get the name Joshua ( Joshua 5:15) or Hoshea ( Numbers 13:8; Deuteronomy 32:44 ). Hope Bolinger Author 2021 16 Apr Mary Fairchild is a full-time Christian minister, writer, and editor of two Christian anthologies, including "Stories of Calvary.". High quality Yeshua In Hebrew Letters-inspired gifts and merchandise. According to him the last letter "3" also shows up in Hebrew but not English and was replaced with an "A" when referring to Joshua in the Old . 2483 || Incantation bowls in Montgomery and Moussaief/Levene 2002. 22:1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? The Greek or Isos is also used to represent the name of Joshua son of Nun in the New Testament passages Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8. To avoid speaking the Heavenly Fathers name, the Jewish tradition was to say Adonai (Lord) instead of Yahweh. For confirmation, look at your Strongs Lexicon: Notice that #3442 and #3443 are the same exact word with the same Hebrew spelling, but this lexicon lists them separately. The name Iesus, consequently, evolved into the familiar written form of Jesus by the 17thcentury. Acts 10:43- To Him all the prophets witness that, through Hisname, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.. 7Meanings of Yahweh - God's Name in the Bible, The Meaning of Hosanna - Powerful Name of Jesus from the Bible, Jehovah Jireh: The Lord Will Provide Name of God, Jehovah Nissi: "The Lord is My Banner" Name of God. Acts 19:5- When they heard [this], they were baptized in thenameof the Master Yahushua. Is Jesus' Real Name Actually Yeshua? The prophet Elijah famously took a stand on Mt Carmel against the prophets of Baal. y. Most Jews today spell Jesus' name as either "Yeshu" or "Yeshua". Yeshua HaMashiach (Yeh-SHOO-ah Ha-Mah-SHEE-akh) is Hebrew for "Jesus the Messiah " Yeshua is a shortened version of the name Yehoshua (Yeh-HO-shoo-ah), which means "Adonai saves " Mashiach is the Hebrew word for Messiah and means "anointed one None of the others have Yeshu. Thus, the statement that Iesous meant Hail Zeus had nothing to do with its meaning in the Greek language. [9], Yeshua in Hebrew is a verbal derivative from "to rescue", "to deliver". Notice that it traces the name of Messiah to Hebrew word #3091 in the Strongs lexicon. I prefer to use a W so that there is less confusion over how the name is to be pronounced. That is because its a Greek word and its meaning is not exactly clear in English! Anyone who has tried to learn a foreign language, or has heard foreignersspeak English, knows how difficult it can be to pronounce a foreign languagecorrectly. And you might hear Yohanan instead of John. 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, that publishes peace; that brings good news of good, that publishes salvation; who says to Zion, Your God reigns! ko amar ha'amein ed ha'emet ve'hatzedekve'reishit beriat ha'elohim. It sounds more like someone crying out tosavethem from destruction. In the Hebraic mindset, the person who acts in emet is one who can be trusted (Gen. 24:49; 42:16; 47:26; Josh. For example, Moses means drawn out, like he was drawn out of the water by Pharaohs daughter. Look at the first page of the Greek Lexicon in your Strongs concordance if you want confirmation of the sounds of these Greek letters. Johns father Zechariah prophesied that his son will give to His people the knowledge of salvation (Yeshua) by the forgiveness of their sins (Luke 1:77). The reason for the two different Strongs word numbers is Ezra 5:2 is a part of the book of Ezra which was written in Aramaic (Ezra 4:8 through 6:18; 7:12-26). Although the term, Yeshua, cannot be found among Christian Bibles today, the hints at Yeshua can be found among mentions of Joshua, son of Nun, in Deuteronomy 32:44 (Joshua leading the people of Israel out of Egypt with Moses), Nehemiah 8:17 (the gathering of the Feast of Tabernacles that was lasted performed in the times of Joshua), Acts 7:45 (the tabernacle in the wilderness brought to the Gentiles by Joshua), Hebrews 4:8 (Joshua speaking of another day ahead for Gods people), and in the books of First and Second Chronicles and Ezra. Retrieved from https://www.learnreligions.com/jesus-aka-yeshua-700649. [citation needed], The name Yeshu is unknown in archeological sources and inscriptions, except for one ossuary found in Israel which has an inscription where someone has started to write first "Yeshu.." and then written "Yeshua bar Yehosef" beneath it. Waw Also called Vav. Yeshua the Messiah testified that He is the Aleph and the Tav, the First (rishon) and the Last (acharon), and the Beginning (rosh) and the Ending (sof): I am the Aleph and the Tav, the beginning and the end, the first and the last (Rev. The twolanguages were related, as close as Italian is to Spanish. Different languages have sounds that others do not have, such asthe sh sound in English does not exist in Spanish, and Americans havedifficulty learning how to roll their rrs in Spanish. 119:166 LORD, I have hoped for your salvation, and done your commandments. "Yeshua" is the Hebrew name of Jesus of Nazareth and means " salvation, he saves." His Name has parts of the tetragrammaton in it. In the Hebrew text, Joshua is named Yeshua bin-Nun (Neh. Two of these men (Joshua the son of Nun and Joshua the High Priest) are mentioned in other books of the Hebrew Bible where they are instead called Yehoshua [29] (transliterated into English as Joshua). Zechariah was instructed to take a crown and place it on the head of Yahushua, the son of Yahutsadak (in the Hebrewit does not have Yeshuahere, but rather Yahushua). This lends evidence that even though the name of Yahushua was written as, there were at least some people speaking it in the Hebrew way. This fact alone clearly demonstrates that Iesous is a Greek form of and wasnt a form invented by apostate Christians who wanted to honor Zeus/dzyooce in some way. It also differs from the Hebrew spelling Yeshu () which is found in Ben-Yehuda Dictionary[he] and used in most secular contexts in Modern Hebrew to refer to Jesus, although the Hebrew spelling Ya () is generally used in translations of the New Testament into Hebrew[3] and used by Hebrew-speaking Christians in Israel. "Is Jesus' Real Name Actually Yeshua?" Yeshua in Hebrew: Defining the Story of Salvation Yeshua - Jesus - was God's promise to the world. You have have heard that the Hebrew name of Jesus is Yeshua. Throughout Messiahs lifetime in Galilee, Samaria, and Juda, of course,the name Yeshua presented no problem for those who spoke Aramaic andread the Bible and prayed in Hebrew. The word Christos is the Greek word for Messiah, which means anointed. Now, some claim that Yeshuais a pure Hebrew word which isnt derived from Yahushua at all, but that it is a Hebrew word meaning Salvation. The problem with this is the Hebrew word for Salvation is not(yeshua) at all! The "suffix" form of the Tetragrammaton is "-yah" ("-iah" in Greek, as in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Zechariah, or Halleluiah). Lets start with the foundational information, which is understanding the name Yeshua. Job 13:16 He shall also be my salvation: for a hypocrite shall not come before him. We are awaiting His return! , . Yeshua is the Aramaic form of Yahushua and Yshuah is the Hebrew word for Salvation. Here are two places in the Masoretic Text where the longer spelling is employed: Deuteronomy 3:21-And I commandedJoshuaat that time, saying, Your eyes have seen all that Yahweh your Elohim has done to these two kings; so will Yahweh do to all the kingdoms through which you pass. They met Simeon who was waiting to see the Messiah, according to Gods promise made to him. In the 1611 King James Version, it originally had Iesus rather than Jesus (see image below). The Hebrew name Yeshua Hamashiach, which was later Hellenized into Jesus, was derived from the Greek term "IZEUS," which means "son of Zeus." If we understood Jesus' name to mean "Son of Zeus," then this interpretation of his name is a far way from correct theology. Presently additional information about Jesus and the Hebrew alphabet may be found on each page of the individual Hebrew consonants (e.g., Aleph). Anokhi aleph v'tav rishon v'acharon rosh vasof YESHUA WRITTEN WITH HEBREW LETTERS Hebrew Language Words Hebrew Words Hebrew Letters Hebrew Bible Hebrew Prayers Bible Prayers Bible Scriptures Study Hebrew Learn Hebrew More information . This was the role of the Messiah (Compare Psalm 110, Isaiah 9:6). In the Septuagint and other Greek-language Jewish texts, such as the writings of Josephus and Philo of Alexandria, (Isos) is the standard Koine Greek form used to translate both of the Hebrew names: Yehoshua and Yeshua. 9:14 That I may show forth all your praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in your salvation. Acts 9:29- And he spoke boldly in thenameof the Master Yahushua and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him. [10] It is often translated as "He saves," to conform with Matthew 1:21:[11] "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins".[12]. Similarly, the Septuagint[18] renders Ben Sira as saying (in the Greek form of the name): " the son of Naue [Yehoshua Ben Nun] who according to his name became great unto [the] salvation/deliverance of his chosen ones" ( .. ) (Ben Sira 46:12). Hebrew is still considered the holy language used primarily for worshipping and prayer to God. Interestingly, there is evidence that although the name of Yahushua was written in Greek as, it may have actually been pronounced the way a Hebrew speaking person would pronounce it. Like the Greektranslators of these Old Testament Hebrew names, the Evangelists used theGreek sigma (s) for the Hebrew shin (sh) when rendering Messiahs name. And why are you disquieted in me? salvation in Israel? 2850 || Jesus Christ is still the same Lord and Savior. In Greek, there was no substitute for the Hebrew letter ayin. It is obviously important according to scripture. Yahweh predicted what His Sons name would be, so we have something we can look to for clarification. This bible study uses a Greek Unicode font and a Hebrew Unicode font and is printable. 20:5 We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: Yahweh fulfill all your petitions. A Jewish teacher (Jesus) speaks to His Jewish disciples, from the Hebrew Scriptures, while in the land of Israel. So while the other forms seem to be more popular today, in my mind Yeshua (Aramaic) is no different than other flawed transliterations such as Iesous (Greek), Iesus (Latin), or Joshua/Jesus (English). This would have been the familiar Hebrew to Yeshua and His Talmidim (Disciples). Im not refuting Strongs definition. 5769 || 2722 || Naturally, the GermanicAnglo-Saxons converted the initial Latin I into the German J. 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. All rights reserved. For this reason, our English bibles also say LORD instead of Yahweh. Notice that Celsus was quoting Christians as saying that the name of their teacher (Yahushua no doubt) must not be spoken improperly and that it must not be spoken in a Greek way or Latin way, but in a Barbarian tongue for it to be effective. The English name Jesus derives from the Late Latin name Iesus, which transliterates the Koine Greek name Isos. As a Hebrew vowel letter it can produce an oo (u) sound like in #7307 Ruach. But there is a lot we can learn from when He first came to earth. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. Hebrew for ChristiansCopyright John J. ParsonsAll rights reserved. And just like Yahwehs name which starts with the Yeho vowel points, they use the Yeho vowel points in Yehoram, Yehosheba, Yehoshaphat and numerous other names which contain the first part of Yahwehs name. The answer lies in the fact that the origins of Yeshua and where it is used most to describe Jesus draws believers closer to the realization of what He came to do on earth and in heaven. In the last quarter of the fourth century, the Bible was translated fromGreek into Latin by Jerome, who had no trouble rendering the Greek Iesousinto Latin: it became Iesus. All of them, of course, in their own language. In Nehemiah 8:17 this name refers to Joshua son of Nun, the successor of Moses, as leader of the Israelites. Get Your Bible Minute in Your Inbox Every Morning. Thank you for signing up to receive email updates from Jewish Voice Ministries. Yet, when we study the New Testament, we often miss some treasures connected to His wonderful name.Take a look at the following verses. Because Hebrew does not need to have the extra wawto give us the shua sound (the Hebrew language does not always supply vowels), this would explain the shorter spelling. 0571 || 118:14 Yahweh is my strength and song, and he has become my salvation. He had the NAME of the Messiah, and Yahweh predicted and revealed what the Messiahs name would be through this beautiful object lesson. Salvation is of Yahweh. And if Yahushua is supposed to be the same yesterday, today and forever, why do they keep changing His name?. Elijah means My God is Yah (short for Yahweh). Kutscher showed that the ayn was still pronounced in Galilee, refuting a thesis by Paul Kahle. Remember earlier in this study that names beginning with Yeho were anciently written as Yahu, and names beginning with Yo such as Yochanan (John) and Yoel (Joel) were written as Yahu. Because it ends in Yahu, there was considered to be no risk in accidentally saying Yahueh/Yahweh. This is the ignored letter in the pronunciation Yahusha. As it is common that Hebrew words do not supply all the vowel sounds, this letter is not always used. Hebrew Word Studies Index || v. 3:21 and Judges 2:7 actually gives us another waw after this letter, proving the shu pronunciation as valid. If you looked up Jeshua in the concordance, you will notice that it lists Jeshua in Ezra 3:2 as coming from #3442 and Jeshua in Ezra 5:2 coming from #3443. In references to Jesus in the Talmud, however, where the name occurs, it is rendered Yeshu, which is a name reserved in Aramaic and Hebrew literature from the early medieval period until today, solely for Jesus, not for other Joshuas. The Hebrew word for Salvation is word number #3444. Upon meeting baby Jesus, Simeon proclaimed: For my eyes have seen Your salvation (Yeshua), which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples, A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES and the glory of Your people Israel. Those who use Yahusha will sometimes claim that shua can actually mean riches. This word Shua and the riches definition is found as Hebrew word #7769 in the Strongs lexicon. This unique name of God (one of many and yet, the most significant) means salvation. Yeshuwa (Chald.)). 52:10 Yahweh has made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. Otherwise produces a W sound. This would also explain why the scribes used the correct vowel points in the shortened form of Yahwehs name (Yah): They even used the correct vowel pointing in HalleluYah and even the Greek New Testament properly transliterates this phrase as HalleluYah (See Strongs Lexicon #239). There are several definitions of Yeshua that can be found in Hebrew and Aramaic biblical text, taken from the Hebrew verb, yasha, that means to deliver, save, or rescue, and also stated as Yehoshua. Pronunciation of Yeshua, in Hebrew, can be read this way: Yod, Shin, Vav, Ayin. In Aramaic, the term, Yeshu, was transliterated from the Hebrew term of Yeshua, pronounced as Yeh-shoo, and missing the a.. appears in the Hebrew, the translation of it is highlighted with yellow. 88:1 O Yahweh God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before you: Since they understood that the J sound is not in the Hebrew language, Yahshua was apparently considered correct. One person wrote a book which claimed that Iesous means Hail Zeus. Greek translations have Yeshua listed as Yesous, among first century Greeks, of which the name, Jesus, is derived. For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for thenameof the Master Yahushua.. The Normans influenced the pronunciation of the first letter of namesbeginning with the stylized I which looked like our modern J. So it certainly is possible the shua is rooted in the verb yasha. The Strongs word #3444 is pronounced Yeshuah but it is derived from #3467 Yasha. This shows that the shua sound can indeed be derived from the root word for salvation, Yasha. Its just the Passive Participle form of Yasha. Thus, shua can also be derived from yasha, Therefore, shua might indeed legitimately be rooted in the Hebrew yasha meaning save.. Tal Ilan's Lexicon of Jewish Names in Late Antiquity (2002) includes for "Joshua" 85 examples of Hebrew Ya, 15 of Yha, and 48 examples of Iesous in Greek inscriptions," with only one Greek variant as Iesoua. This is because a hard H is not heard in Yahwehs name, and the first 3 letters in Yahwehs name are also used in the Messiahs name. Having said this, there are some Hebrew students and scholars who have noticed that a natural progression of Hebrew language is to shorten initial vowels whenever an accent is on the later syllables of Hebrew words. "Is Jesus' Real Name Actually Yeshua?" It is also interesting to note that the names "Joshua" and "Isaiah" are essentially the same names as Yeshua in Hebrew. This prophecy is found in Zechariah, chapter 6, and it contains the full Hebrew form. With the use of the Hebrew language God revealed Himself to mankind. So rather than supplying the true vowels of the Heavenly Fathers name, the scribes inserted the vowels for Adonai so that the reader would be reminded to say Adonai rather than Yahweh. [6] The 2004 film The Passion of the Christ, which was made in Aramaic, used Yeshua as the name of Jesus and is the most well-known western Christian work to have done so. For instance, look at how Zechariahs name is presented in the Hebrew text: Notice the different vowel pointing and pronunciation herein (ZecharYahu). Man or Yahweh? Portuguese speakers call him Jesus, but with a "J" that sounds like "geh," and Spanish speakers call him Jesus, with a "J" that sounds like "hey." What is the Meaning of the Name El Shaddai? Would Jesus have used both variations of His name Hebrew Yeshua and Greek Isous (where Jesus came from)? Also, in his letter to the Colossians, the Apostle Paul mentioned a Jewish companion in prison named Jesus whose surname was Justus: The Bible doesn't give preeminence to one language (or translation) over another. Yehoshua: "the LORD is salvation," Moses' successor, also the name of a number of Isr. The LORD, the LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth (Exodus 34:6). The Youngs Literal Translation reads it this way: Job 30:24- Surely not against the heap Doth He send forth the hand, Though in its ruin they have safety (shua, salvation), So the word could legitimately come from yasha and carry the meaning of salvation.. It does supply us with all the vowel sounds inbut it does not NEED to. Original Word: Part of Speech: proper name, masculine; proper name, of a location; proper name Transliteration: Yehoshua Phonetic Spelling: (yeh-ho-shoo'-ah) Definition: "the LORD is salvation", Moses' successor, also the name of a number of Isr 59:11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us. We have added Jewish Voice for funactually pronounced Ha-kol [voice] HaYehu-dee [the Jewish]. For it to mean Salvation it would have to have the Hebrew letter heh added to the end of it, changing the spelling to(Yod Shin Waw AyinHeh) and it would need to have the Sheva vowel point under the Yod. A third witness is found in aninscription of the Assyrian monarch Tiglath-pileserIII (Gressmann Bilder 348; ANET 282a). 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation. 8:17) and Yehoshua. (1 Chron. When the Gospels werewritten in Greek, therefore, the Evangelists had a real problem regarding howthey might render our Lords name into acceptable Greek. Adonai Adonai El rachum ve'chanun erekh apayim ve'rav-chesed ve'emet. Joshua ben Perachyah) and after Jesus (e.g., Joshua ben Hananiah). every verse where the Hebrew word "yeshua" appears in the Old Testament. This will take some study. 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give you for a light to the Gentiles, that you may be my salvation to the end of the earth. It means "Yahweh [the Lord] is Salvation." The English spelling of Yeshua is " Joshua .". Way back in the fifth and sixth centuries, some pagan Germanic tribes, called the Angles and the Saxons, invaded England. 53:6 Oh that the salvation of Israel came out of Zion! What could possibly be the reason for the drop in the letter? 1st and 2nd Chronicles, post-exilic books that were written by Ezra the scribe, (compare the ending of 2 Chronicles to the beginning of Ezra) also have this Aramaic spelling. While there are some out there claiming that Jesus is somehow derived from Zeus, I have yet to find anyone who is willing to present hard evidence of this claim. High quality Yeshua Hebrew Letters inspired Art Prints by independent artists and designers from around the world. The next letter in the Aramaic name Yeshua was the Hebrew letter waw (Modern Hebrew's vav), which here represents the sound oo as in too. Acts 5:40- And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten [them], they commanded that they should not speak in thenameof Yahushua, and let them go. Acts 15:14- Simon has declared how Elohim at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for Hisname. How then can I find comfort and a clear conscience if I choose to willfully change and alter it in any way? Bible Studies Index, Scriptures for 'yeshua or yeshua' meaning 'salvation', Scriptures for 'soteria' meaning 'salvation', Scriptures for 'soterios' meaning 'salvation'. Some of the Hebrew sources referencing Yeshu include the Toledot Yeshu, The Book of Nestor the Priest, Jacob ben Reuben's Milhamoth ha-Shem, Sefer Nizzahon Yashan, Sefer Joseph Hamekane, the works of ibn Shaprut, Moses ha-Kohen de Tordesillas, and Hasdai Crescas.