. A St. Louis, MO-area native transplanted to the Washington, D.C. metro area, I earned my undergraduate degrees in Political Science and German Language in . This is a principle rooted in our Republic whereby we are a government of the people, by the people and for the people. In Congress, I will continue to fight for a health care system that emphasizes the doctor-patient relationship, increases competition and quality, and lowers costs. She recently received Donald Trumps endorsement for her 2022 re-election campaign. I had seen reports that the media had done of different patients through no fault of their own were getting these surprise medical bills. Congresswoman Debbie Lesko Feb 2021 - Oct 20219 months Washington DC Senior Vice President, Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Export-Import Bank of the United States Jul 2019 -. Debbie is a leader. [46], In 2016, Lesko crafted a measure that would give Arizona utilities the right to charge separate rates for customers who produced their own energy through solar panels in order to prevent $600 million in subsidies from non-solar customers to solar customers. [22] When asked about the public health risk the rally posed, she responded, "I think the Trump administration and the campaign is doing all it can by doing temperature checks and handing out masks. He currently serves as the Second Vice President for the State Council of Arizona Vietnam Veterans of America and volunteers as the Chief Veterans Service Officer for Arizona. Rep. Debbie Lesko, a Republican from Arizona, added her voice to those calling for Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas to resign or face impeachment. (Photo courtesy of Debbie Lesko campaign) The Conservative Choice for Arizonas 8th Congressional District, Donate to Debbie's campaign for the U.S. House of Representatives in Congressional District 8. A A. Rep. Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz., on Friday told Newsmax TV that President Donald Trump has a "right" to tweet about ongoing cases involving the Department of Justice, but admitted that he does give Democrats "fodder" to attack. cotton candy vendor orange county. Index of Rep. Debbie Lesko's staff, past and present Adler, Chad R. Babb, Alison Dyer Bender, Jeannine M. Branson, Ross W. Bravo, Roberto S. III (Bobby) Byers, Charles G. Jr. (Chuck) Castillo, John Michael Clark, Annie N. Crouch, Sarah G. Delaney, Regan E. DiGuglielmo, Giulia R. Doherty, Kathryn J. Since first being elected, my staff and I have dedicated ourselves to helping constituents and addressing issues that affect our district, our state and our nation. 623-512-9281. The Surgeon General serves as the Nations Doctor providing people in America with the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury, and commands a uniformed service of more than 6,000 public health service officers serving the most underserved and vulnerable populations domestically and abroad. The newly passed tax reform package from Congress doesnt go far enough. "Congresswoman Debbie Lesko. Debbie Lesko is our best choice for Congress." Governor Jan Brewer This means we must continue to protect the F-35 and Luke Air Force Base. They have three adult children. [41], Lesko has said that she would have voted for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, the Republican Party's 2017 tax overhaul. . She assumed office on May 7, 2018. Rep. Debbie Lesko was said to be among a group of House Republicans who attended a late December 2020 meeting at the White House as President Donald Trump and his advisers strategized about how. Federal and Congressional Communications Dashboard, LegiStorm has published preliminary staff lists for nearly all members-elect, LegiStorm adds second-quarter house salaries, expenses and vendor data, Congressional Record search and alerts are now available, LegiStorm expands privately funded congressional travel search capabilities, The GOPs Ukraine supporters begin to summon their voice, D.C. Chuck is a recipient of the Silver Star, the Bronze Star with Valor, and the Purple Heart. Perhaps searching can help. She is a conservative, principled fighter like me and she knows how to get things done. 117-83 _____ Printed for the use of the Committee on . She received a bachelor's degree in business from the University of Wisconsin and moved to Arizona in the 1980s, where she owned a construction sales business. > Chief of Staff, Max S. Lesko, J.D. [30] She supported the 2022 overturning of Roe v. It was created eight days before taking the money from Lesko's state campaign committee. Learn how and when to remove this template message, 2018 Arizona's 8th congressional district special election, 2018 United States House of Representatives elections in Arizona District 8, 2020 United States House of Representatives elections in Arizona District 8, 2022 United States House of Representatives elections in Arizona District 8, 2021 United States Electoral College vote count, Women in the United States House of Representatives, "Trent Franks stepping down from Congress amid complaints from 2 former female staffers", "Ready for Congress: Meet Rep.-Elect Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz", "Rep. Debbie Lesko's past includes debt, criminal charge she links to 'con-man' ex-husband", "Rep. Lesko faced legal, money problems during 1st marriage", "Debbie Lesko is officially running for Congress for Trent Franks' seat", "Debbie Lesko resigns from Arizona Senate to focus on Congress run", Arizona Special Primary Election Results: Eighth House District, "Democrats aren't expecting an Arizona miracle, but their eyes are on November", "Debbie Lesko Wins Arizona Special Election for Congress, Rallying G.O.P. PHOENIX, AZ - Debbie Lesko, who just won a resounding victory in the Republican primary to replace former Rep. Trent Frank in Congress, now faces a second . Lesko later married Joe Lesko. debbie lesko chief of staff. We must secure our border, period. [1] Post-election analysis According to Breitbart News, a total of 80 Republicans voted in favor of the Immunization Infrastructure Modernization Act. Debbie Lesko's Political Summary Office: U.S. House (AZ) - District 8, Republican Track This Politician Contact Information Campaign mail Email Campaign Webmail Campaign Website More Campaign Contacts keyboard_arrow_down Office Washington, D.C. Washington, D.C. Webmail Washington, D.C. Website General More Office Contacts keyboard_arrow_down Stay informed and gain unlimited access to the Daily Beast's unmatched reporting. Chief of Staff: Chief of Staff / Administrative Director: Capitol Office: 15 Independence Avenue, SE Washington, DC. I am so proud of my record to uphold the sanctity of life and protect the unborn. [4] Ignas, now known as Jeffrey Allen Herald, was again incarcerated at the Arizona Department of Corrections, and released in June 2022 on supervised probation. Carroll County Tornado, [31] Lesko introduced the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Act in the 117th Congress. Congresswoman Debbie Lesko (AZ-08) 2 years 1 month Chief Of Staff Oct 2021 - Present6 months Washington, District of Columbia, United States Deputy Chief Of Staff Jun 2021 - Oct 20215 months. Because of my strong pro-life record, I have received the support and endorsement of the Susan B. Anthony List, an important national pro-life organization, and I have consistently been endorsed by Arizona Right to Life, have a 100% rating with the Center for Arizona Policy and been named Friend of the Family by the Arizona Family Project. I believe education is about empowering parents to make the right choices for their children and their families. University Of Lincoln New Vice Chancellor. I have a strong track record of defending the Second Amendment and protecting gun rights. Senator Lesko is a tireless worker and a fighter like me. Vote On or Before November 6th! Lesko said, "I knew this was an ongoing problem. The information is updated online each day the Congressional Record is published. Protecting Social Security and Medicare for our seniors is one of my top priorities. Lesko rejects the scientific consensus on climate change, which states that climate change is progressing, dangerous, and primarily human caused. Get the recap of top opinion commentary and original content throughout the week. Lesko successfully ran for . [8], Lesko won the Republican nomination and faced the Democratic nominee, physician Hiral Tipirneni, in the general election on April 24. Prior to the Department, he served in the White House as Assistant . Republican Rep. Debbie Lesko rounds out Arizona's 3 Stooges of the Insurrection Opinion: Testimony to the Jan. 6 select committee puts Republican Lesko, along with Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar,. "[42], In 2017, Lesko championed legislation that would allow payday lenders to provide loans at annual interest rates as high as 164%. Chief of Staff - News Division, DC NPR. Debbie Lesko Biography It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the people of Congressional District 8 in the U.S. Congress. She has served since May 7, 2018. Mr. Lesko lives in Washington, D.C. with his spouse and 1 year old. This can be because: We're still processing the data. Ignas was allegedly abusive to Lesko, reportedly punching her in the stomach when she was pregnant. ", I am proud to support Debbie Lesko for Congress. Background: Chuck served in the United States Army from 1966 to 1972 and as a combat medic in Vietnam from July 1967 to June 1968. Arizona U.S. Rep. Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz.,speaking, Republican Party Chairwoman . She became the Representative for Arizona's 8th congressional district after winning a 2018 special election.[2]. Matthew most recently served as Chief of Staff to Congresswoman Debbie Lesko (AZ-08), where he managed both the Washington D.C. and Surprise, AZ district offices. Vaughan Jones / KJZZ: Republican Rep. Debbie Lesko heckled, exits stage during graduation speech in Glendale . "[52] Lesko introduced a resolution to recognize Medicare and Social Security as an important benefit that should be strengthened for future generations. Suwakholi, Mussoorie UK (INDIA) Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 19:00. columbia trinity dual ba acceptance rate In January 2018, Lesko's campaign committee, Re-elect Debbie Lesko for Senate, gave $50,000 to the Conservative Leadership for Arizona, a federal PAC authorized to spend independently of other campaigns. Washington, DC 20515 202-225-4576 Congresswoman Lesko also announced the hiring of several key staff members, including her Chief of Staff, Abby Gunderson-Schwarz. City Of Glendale Az Building Codes, Intelligence Analyst @ US Department of the Treasury. from Georgetown University Law Center. Sig Rattler Problems, What Does The Bible Say About Forcing Religion On Others, Dump Truck Owner Operator Jobs In Georgia. But there is so much more to do especially in the area of improving healthcare, border security, and fighting againstPresident Bidens radical agenda. "[42] She has received an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. Posted Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:08 pm MT. She also announced that her resignation from the Arizona Senate. Phoenix, AZ 85064 [17] It was still the closest general election in the district in 42 years, and the closest a Democrat had come to winning a full term in the district since Stump switched parties in 1982. I would be honored to have your support for another term in the U.S. Congress. > About Incumbent Debbie Lesko won election in the general election for U.S. House Arizona District 8. Toll Free Call Center: 1-877-696-6775, Chief of Staff, Office of the Surgeon General (OSG), Content created by Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, has sub items, about HHS Family of Agencies, Advisory Committees, Task Forces & Initiatives, has sub items, about Budget & Performance, FY 2023 Annual Performance Plan and Report, FY 2022 Annual Performance Plan and Report, FY 2021 Annual Performance Plan and Report, has sub items, about Strategic Plan FY 2022 - 2026, Strategic Goal 1: Protect and Strengthen Equitable Access to High Quality and Affordable Healthcare, Strategic Goal 2: Safeguard and Improve National and Global Health Conditions and Outcomes, Strategic Goal 3: Strengthen Social Well-Being, Equity, and Economic Resilience, Strategic Goal 4: Restore Trust and Accelerate Advancements in Science and Research for All, Strategic Goal 5: Advance Strategic Management to Build Trust, Transparency, and Accountability.