Kindergarten through 8th grade students attend the school. recommend any participating Third Party Legal Professionals that pay to participate in this The two officers are from the Hartland and Delafield Police Departments. To be instantly notified of alerts and emergencies subscribe to Notify Me or RSS . WebCity of Delafield Police 115 Main St. Delafield, WI 53018 Email Emergency: 911 Non-Emergency: 262-446-5070 Administrative: 262-646-6240 Fx: 262-646-6242 The Holiday Inn Express near the intersection is taped off along with multiple police, sheriff and EMT. Fargo police said a warrant was issued for Benton's arrest for his connection to a shooting that happened in Fargo on Nov. 1. Pewaukee School District canceled class on Friday, November 6 due to ongoing situation. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. A police service dog got out of a fenced area and bit three people, and during the incident Saturday, the K-9 was stabbed, the Jacksonville Sheriffs Office said. The initial investigation revealed no active threat at the school, 1800 Vettleson Road,Kehl said. Job Openings at Weigel Broadcasting Milwaukee. Two police officers were shot and wounded early Friday after confronting a hit-and-run suspect in Delafield, Wisconsin, police said. Web500 Genesee St. Delafield, WI 53018 Ph: 262-646-6220 Fx: 262-646-6223 City Hall Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM Contact Us Authorities say the suspect is on the run. 24 Hour non-emergency dispatch center 262-446-5070. After an unforgettable and chaotic manhunt, law enforcement and neighbors say they're relieved Benton is now behind bars. ContactEvan Frank at (262) 361-9138or evan.frank@jrn.com. in a photo or Kehl said an unknown teacher at the school received the threat and then notified the front office. Residents in Delafield were being asked to avoid the area of Highway 83 and Golf Road. DELAFIELD, Wis. Two police officers were shot and wounded early Friday after confronting a hit-and-run suspect, police said. Officers found the suspect vehicle and suspect in a lot behind the church, 1100 Highway 83. Report a typo or error // Submit a news tip. Residents have been warned to seek immediate shelter and avoid Highway 83 and Golf Road. WAUKESHA COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A manhunt ended in Waukesha County for a suspect accused of shooting two officers in Delafield. Scott said he found Benton, put his gun on him and told him to get his hands up. A massive hunt is underway for a gunman after two police officers were shot in Delafield, Wisconsin. A suspect accused of shooting two police officers in Delafield early Friday has been taken into custody, police say. 2023 FOX Television Stations, Man suspected of shooting 2 officers in Delafield now in custody, 27th and McKinley homicide, Milwaukee man gets life in prison, Baby found dead in Whitewater field, police seek tips, Disneyland banned Rebel Wilson over selfie, actress says, Oak Creek car thefts; gas station customers targeted, police say, Mother charged with capital murder in deaths of 3 children in Italy, Texas, family says, Delavan-Darien School Districts Pathways to Success. After information was publicized about Benton, a citizen called authorities, advising that he saw a man matching Benton's description. WisDOT said both eastbound and westbound lanes of I-94 at WIS 83 were closed. The two officers -- one from Delafield and one from Hartland --were shot and woundedoutside a Holiday Inn near I-94 and Highway 83. Two officers were shot in the area of Highway 83 and GolfRoad in Delafield Friday morning, Nov. 6. On their Facebook page, the department said "thoughts and prayers" were with the injured officers in Delafield and Hartland. DELAFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) Authorities say two police officers were shot after midnight on Friday, November 6 in Delafield and as of 5:30 a.m., the suspect is still on the run. Police refused to identify the suspect. The two officers are from the Hartland and Delafield Police Departments. Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Waukesha County Communications notified the Delafield Police Department at 12:34 p.m. of a road rage incident in the city on Highway 83. After a teacher received a threat on Tuesday, Lake Country School in the City of Delafield was evacuated. Cellphone video captured Benton being arrested less than a mile from the Holiday Inn Express without incident. People are being asked to stay away from the area and stay home. The suspect is in protective custody until treatment can be obtained. To be instantly notified of alerts and emergencies subscribe to Notify Me or RSS . Multiple families displaced after fire breaks out in West Allis Schlesingers Saturday Spotlight (3/4)String Art, 80s Prom Shower chances on/off this weekend with winter weather late in Milwaukee native Ernie Johnson, Jr. honored with Award of Excellence Drop your guns, pick up our gloves: Boxing club uses movie Route 20 holds benefit concert for human trafficking victims. Find My Report For Me. When should I request a legal consultation? Delafield police said a man was arrested after a pursuit by Wisconsin State Patrol troopers Saturday morning. Residents have been warned to seek immediate shelter and avoid Highway 83 and Golf Road. If there are alerts or emergencies, they will be listed below by category. Fargo police, in a Facebook post, said they were notified Friday morning that the shooting in Delafield involved Benton, a man wanted in their city for attempted murder. FOX6 News spoke with the man who tipped off authorities to Benton's location; he said Benton was hiding in his father's backyard. Benton is wanted for attempted murder in North Dakota and remains at large. Two officers were shot just after 1:30 a.m. Friday in Delafield, police said. A massive hunt is underway for a gunman after two police officers were shot in Delafield, Wisconsin. Two other people inside the vehicle, a 29-year-old woman and 30-year-old man -- both from Warsaw, Indiana -- were taken into custody. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way. This is a developing story and will be updated as more details become available. MyAccident.org does Delavan - Darien School District's DD Tech Administrator and CTE Coordinator, Michael Rick, discusses educational opportunities. He said the morning's events were surreal. According to Fargo police, a man called police about 2:30 a.m. Sunday and said he thought he had been shot. City of Delafield Police | Delafield WI. The district sent an email to families Friday morning say there would be no virtual classes and that school would resume on Monday, Nov. 9. The verdict came after a two-day trial and two hours of jury deliberations, according to court documents. 24 Hour non-emergency dispatch center 262-446-5070. advertising. Fargo police, in a Facebook post, said they were notified Friday morning that the shooting in Delafield involved Benton, a man wanted in their city for attempted murder. not endorse or To be instantly notified of alerts and emergencies subscribe to Notify Me or RSS . In custody: Man accused of shooting 2 officers in Delafield had warrant in North Dakota, Medical Examiner called to fatal shooting near 84th and Bender, Multiple families displaced after fire breaks out in West Allis apartment building, Cars removed from third level of partially collapsed Bayshore Mall parking structure, Long Covid is associated with significantly increased risk of death, heart and lung problems, study finds, Yao Ming caught in the cross-fire as Chinese basketball team leaves top league on eve of Covid reopening, Memphis Police Department officers were 'impeding care' of Tyre Nichols, EMT says, 76ers rally to win 133-130, snap Bucks' 16-game streak, City of Glendale holds STEM activities for Women's History Month, Trump seeks to block Pence's grand jury testimony in 2020 election interference probe, Crime Stoppers: Dispute on city bus leads to shooting, CBS 58's Feel Good Friday: Free zoo admission, inflatable animals and more. All rights reserved. A large perimeter around the busy Highway 83 and I-94 interchange was sealed off early Friday. FOX6 News spoke with the man who found a suspect -- who allegedly shot two police officers in Delafield -- hiding on his father's property. In Person: Delafield Police Department, 115 Main St, Delafield, WI 53018, United States. Two police officers were shot and wounded early Friday after confronting a hit-and-run suspect in Delafield, Wisconsin, police said. He was taken to the hospital, where medical personnel found bullet fragments in his head, police said. Police say he is armed and dangerous and urge the residents to stay in their homes. 115 Main St, Delafield, WI 53018, United States. According to Chief Kehl, the Delafield officer injured was moved out of the trauma unit and is in good spirits considering the circumstances. Law enforcement officers had been looking for the suspect for about nine hours after he fled from the shooting about 1:40 a.m. outside the Holiday Inn, which is less than a mile from where he was arrested. WAUKESHA CO. (CBS 58) -- The Waukesha Co. Sheriff's Office is actively investigating an incident near Hwy 83 and Golf Rd. He said something didn't seem right, and he grabbed his handgun to check it out. The officers were injured. Delafield police said two officers, one from Delafield police and the other from Hartland police, were responding to a call for service regarding a hit-and-run crash at the Holiday Inn Express and shots were exchanged between the suspect and the officers. Delafield police said a man was arrested after a pursuit by Wisconsin State Patrol troopers Saturday morning. Police say he is also wanted for an incident in North Dakota. A massive hunt is underway for a gunman after two police officers were shot in Delafield, Wisconsin. The suspect is described as a white man, around 60 tall, 215 pounds, blue eyes, and brown hair. He returned to Fargo and called police. The Waukesha County Sheriff's Office urged everyone to also avoid the area of I-94 at CTY Road SS and CTY Road C. Please avoid the area of I94 at Cty rd SS and Cty rd C. This is an active scene. It is understood that the gunman is still at large and news channel CBS 58 reported that the Waukesha County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that two officers have been shot and injured. "Police men and women that were all surrounding this like field all the way up here and all the way around, kind of converged on him and took him down," said Owen Cieslak, who recorded the arrest. "I thought I was just going to come out and have lunch with my dad, my pops. "I thought, 'hell, there's something in there.'. At least one officer fired back at the suspect. Police confirmed two officers shot in Delafield and they are looking for a suspect. Waukesha County Communications notified the Delafield Police Department at 12:34 p.m. of a road rage incident in the city on Highway 83. Shooting suspect in custody. Authorities say there is a tremendous number of resources searching for the suspect. Delafield Police Chief Erik Kehl said that one of his officers and another from nearby Hartland confronted a man suspected in the hit-and-run crash outside a Holiday Inn at Interstate 94 and Highway 83 in Waukesha County, about 27 miles west of Milwaukee. Police credit dozens of law enforcement agencies and citizen's phone calls for helping capture Benton. For more information, click here. WebDelafield Police Department offer's 2 ways to get a copy of your accident report: Phone: 2626466240. Benton, however, ran off after the shooting. Residents have been warned to seek immediate shelter and avoid Highway 83 and Golf Road. There were no injuries to the suspect, bystanders or any law enforcement officials. Visit our Wisconsin Accident Reports page. The suspect, identified as Nathanael Benton, 23, is still at large and considered armed and dangerous. Two police officers were shot and wounded early Friday after confronting a hit-and-run suspect in Delafield, Wisconsin, police said. According to the Fargo Police Department, the same suspect shot a man in Fargo on Nov. 1. Contributing:Joe Taschler,Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, officers were shot and wounded early Friday, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. If there are alerts or emergencies, they will be listed below by category. An DELAFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) Two police officers have been shot in Delafield early in the morning on Friday, November 6. ContactEvan Frank at (262) 361-9138or evan.frank@jrn.com. WebA Menomonee Falls Police officer used excessive force when he shot a suspect who had fled after not paying for gas nearly five years ago, a federal jury found Tuesday. 2023 www.jsonline.com. A dangerous situation with an armed suspect ended peacefully near Elmbrook Church-Lake Country on Wednesday. Web500 Genesee St. Delafield, WI 53018 Ph: 262-646-6220 Fx: 262-646-6223 City Hall Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM Contact Us Police have released a photo of the suspect involved in shooting two police officers Friday morning. Shots were exchanged and the two officers were hit, Kehl said. This is a developing story, stay with CBS 58 on-air and online for updates. Authorities say a tip from a man who saw someone suspicious in the area called it in. He then had Benton walk into the field, hoping helicopters would see him. Authorities warn do not approach Benton. You're asked to call 911 if you see anyone matching Benton's description. There is a "law enforcement incident" happening at shopping center in Delafield this morning. A homeowner shared photos of the arrest with FOX6 News. All Rights Reserved. Need to search a different area? DELAFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Delafield police say a man accused of shooting two police officers is in custody. Delafield Police now confirming two officers from two separate departments were shot in an early morning incident in Delafield. The officers were responding to what they thought was a hit-and-run crash when they were shotnear Highway 83 and Golf Road. Please stay with TMJ4 News for updates. Fargo Police Department have been searching for Benton since Nov. 1 in relation to another incident. Hartland Lakeside School District said schools will be closed Friday due to the ongoing search for the suspect. DELAFIELD, Wis. - A man suspected of shooting two police officers in Delafield Friday morning, Nov. 6 was taken into custody after a man found him hiding in the woods and called 911. WebCity of Delafield Police 115 Main St. Delafield, WI 53018 Email Emergency: 911 Non-Emergency: 262-446-5070 Administrative: 262-646-6240 Fx: 262-646-6242 Office Hours Monday - Wednesday 7:00AM to 7:00PM Thursday - Friday 7:00AM to 4:00PM Officer Hours 24/7 Staff Directory Around 4:16 a.m., Delafield residents received an automatic alert that asked citizens to avoid the area of HWY 83 and Golf Rd., and for residents in the area to shelter at the lowest level of their home/business. out a form. Delafield Police Chief Erik Kehl said the department was notified at 2:25 p.m. "The school is closed for the rest of the night, but they will resume classes (on Wednesday)," Kehl said. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Find My Report For Me. MyAccident.org is not a law firm, nor a lawyer referral service nor He wearing a flat brim hat, sweatshirt, and possibly khakis. DELAFIELD, Wis. A manhunt for a gunman ended in a field in Delafield on Friday when tactical officers surrounded the man wanted for shooting two police officers. supports HTML5 video. In addition to being wanted for attempted homicide in North Dakota, Benton was convicted in 2017 in a sex crime case. A homeowner shared photos of the arrest with FOX6 News. 51 were here. video are actors or models and not clients of any firm. DELAFIELD, Wis. (AP) A man suspected of wounding two police officers in a shooting in Wisconsin on Friday and who is wanted in North Dakota for attempted murder has been arrested following a large-scale manhunt, police said. They say 23-year-old Nathanael Benton was on the run for attempted murder in Fargo, North Dakota. He did not specify on what type of threat was made. DELAFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) Authorities say two police officers were shot after midnight on Friday, November 6 in Delafield and as of 5:30 a.m., the suspect is still on the run. The injured officers were taken to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. "Please keep your own children inside today until the suspect at large has been taken into police custody. "I just think it's weird that my sister -- from 2,200 miles away -- calls me to go out and keep an eye on my pops, because he's home today," said Scott. Everyone Practices Cancel Culture | Opinion, Deplatforming Free Speech is Dangerous | Opinion. The officers wounds are not believed to be life-threatening, the chief said. City of Delafield Police | Delafield WI. This is a breaking news story. For more information, click here. By submitting this request, I agree to be contacted by one or more lawyers. The westbound lanes are closed at Highway S; eastbound lanes are closed at Highway 83, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. You also agree to our Terms of All rights reserved. WebCity of Delafield Police 115 Main St. Delafield, WI 53018 Email Emergency: 911 Non-Emergency: 262-446-5070 Administrative: 262-646-6240 Fx: 262-646-6242 Office Hours Monday - Wednesday 7:00AM to 7:00PM Thursday - Friday 7:00AM to 4:00PM Officer Hours 24/7 Staff Directory Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. "Dialog was initiated and officers saw the subject was in possession of a handgun," Kehl stated. is it a He said he had taken a ride share to Moorhead, Minnesota, and then experienced head pain. The officers wounds are not believed to be life-threatening, the chief said. WebAlert Center allows you to view all alerts and emergencies in your area. 51 were here. Lake Country School announced Friday morning that it was delaying school for two hours. It was very comforting to feel that everything was under control.". Use. And then at around 4:16 a.m. Delafield residents received an automatic alert urging them to shelter at the lowest level of their home or business, said the news channel. He was located near Broken Bow Court in Delafield and taken into custody without incident after a search spanning seven hours. Further information was not available. Waukesha County Communications notified the Delafield Police Department at 12:34 p.m. of a road rage incident in the city on Highway 83. DELAFIELD, Wis. A manhunt for a gunman ended in a field in Delafield on Friday when tactical officers surrounded the man wanted for shooting two police officers. In an afternoon news conference following the shooting, police said Benton was accompanied by two other people -- a 29-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man -- from Indiana. To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that WebA Menomonee Falls Police officer used excessive force when he shot a suspect who had fled after not paying for gas nearly five years ago, a federal jury found Tuesday. DELAFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) Authorities say two police officers were shot after midnight on Friday, November 6 in Delafield and as of 5:30 a.m., the suspect is still on the run. 2 officers shot in Delafield, police search for suspect. for hiring an attorney or law firm and does not provide legal advice. Delafield police said a man was arrested after a pursuit by Wisconsin State Patrol troopers Saturday morning. Scott, who asked that FOX6 not show his face or use his last name, said he checked out his dad's house after his sister -- who lives in California -- gave him a heads up about the situation. "We did an initial (investigation of the school) to make sure that it is safe to open up again (Wednesday) and we're confident it is.". According to Fargo police, a man called police about 2:30 a.m. Sunday and said he thought he had been shot. CBS 58 has a crew on-scene and has reached out to WCSO for information relating to the incident. Nathanael Benton was found in a field less than a mile from the hotel where the shooting happened @CBS58pic.twitter.com/AlCnjdarA4.