Ready to shop? I bag a flippy Zeus and star boss, and they fill slightly different roles. That combination makes the disc popular for throwing big flex shots. My pink mold is one of my favorite discs ever held because it feels so consistent every time it leaves my hand. Basically, its pretty beefy. Nuke - Distance Driver: Speed 13 | Glide 5 | Turn -1 | Fade 3 | Stability 1.6. Now its time to look at what YOU chose as your top distance driver. . ESP is highly durable and super grippy plastic, and Big Z offers less grip but more stability and durability. Believe me, .3cm can make a big difference especially if you're a smaller-handed play like me. The average approval year is 2013. The Nuke is available in all the plastics Discraft makes. According to OConnor G., Destroyer is number 1 for a good reason! Yes. There are several different components to our rating system that we used to determine the best disc golf distance drivers for 2020: When I started playing disc golf, I did what so many of us did before we understood the flight numbers on the discs, I went for the high speed discs. Those three molds edged out the Shryke, Tern, and Beast for the title of most flippy disc. Read full description Print preview. In part 2 of the Best For You Understable Distance Drivers series, I am taking a look at the DGA Rogue and the Discraft Hades and Nuke SS! Jim Kenner (of Discraft) was once asked why their runs were so much more consistent than Innova. And like last week we will look at the sales numbers and the user submitted ratings to determine which distance driver is the best. WordPress Theme: Dynamic News by ThemeZee. I have been using the BigZ plastic primarily, however I also have Z plastic as well. Come back when you're older. The Discraft Zeus is an Overstable Distance Driver. Turn-1. Nuke - Distance Driver: Speed 13 | Glide 5 | Turn -1 | Fade 3 | Stability 1.6. Watch to find out! I got my Test Flight Hades in the mail today, here's my first throw with it! The Dynamic Discs Trespass just missed the top five by one place, and a percent-and-a-half. Favorite driver currently in my Cosmos by Viking Discs. Still highly trusted among disc golfers on more advanced levels. Also, the Beast takes the title of oldest disc in this group. Description Specifications Copyright 2023 Discraft Inc.. All rights reserved. We wont break the sales down by plastic types just total sales of the Destroyer, Force, and Zeus. I mostly use fairways because I can control them and be more consistent with them but when Im open and need more distance its the first driver out of my bag. But lets take a look at the actual sales figures provided by Infinite Discs to see just how much things have changed. I have a few of these in the bag with different stability levels. It's okay not to take it to seriously. If you throw them on hyzer, they will hyzer. Better for advanced players. Did that change spur another wave of sales for the Star Destroyer? Read the tips clearly laid. Its rarely a surprise to see Innova and Discraft battle it out for the most molds at the top of any list. Custom disc golf designs and subscriptions. Although there is only a .1 cm difference in the diameter of the discs and the depth of the rims are the same, the difference in height and width make the Destroyer thinner and potentially more comfortable to grip. Do you have any experience or thoughts on these three drivers? The Innova Destroyer has been a top-selling disc for years and already had momentum as one of the best distance drivers on the market. The Nuke is available in all the plastics . The Zeus obviously did not exist during that time period, and the Force was a minimal player in the distance driver market. Official Big Z 2020 redesigned stamp. Or can it? Pro Tips to Improve Your Disc Golf Forehand! I have the white one and was wanting to buy 4 more. Free shipping for many products! When will these be back in stock? The wide, heavy rim and refined aerodynamic engineering give NUKE unparalleled velocity, while a 1.6 stability rating makes it more useful to a wider range of players. Yet it still has a consistent fade at the end. Shop at RogueDiscs.com. Perhaps the Wysocki Destroyer will continue to carry the torch just fine. Once it is beat in, it becomes a shapeable disc while maintaining its long glide. The Zeus still didnt exist. Discraft Ledgestone Edition Discs Wave 1. Big Zplasic is a premium plastic that offers great grip and is extremely durable and tends to be more overstable than other plastics. We are a few disc golf enthusiasts who love to blog. Discraft Paul McBeth Limited Edition Z Zeus 173-174 Pair (#165803190730) e***e (193) - Feedback left by buyer e***e (193). Speed 12. Taking a look at the average flight of the discs on the list, we find the flight numbers round to the flight of the Tern, 12, 5, -2, 2. As long as there are Prototype and First Run editions (which was also the case when the Force first has a McBeth signature) the collector market will be the primary buyers. Despite taking the number 2 spot in the fan voting, the Destroyer maintained the number one spot, taking first in sales and ratings. That series continues this week with a look at a Delawa, This post on pro tips for disc golf in bad weather, is the fourth post in a series designed to help you elevate your game. So when put side-by-side, you can see the bump in both Destroyer and Force sales in the latter half of 2018, but to a much smaller degree when it comes to the Discraft Force. Imagine the best parts of a star Destroyer mixed with the flexibility and straight qualities of a lightweight Star Wraith. The Nuke is available inmost of the plastics Discraft produces. Seize the power! Today, the Disc Golf Reviewer World Series of Putters wraps up the first round of the Envy region on its quest to find the best, The Disc Golf Reviewer World Series of Putters continues its mission to find the best putter in the world today. We are affiliates with Amazon and Infinite Discs and may receive commission payments for referring sales to those websites, but regardless of our potential monetary compensation always strive to provide honest and useful disc golf reviews. Whenever there are special signature editions, the prices are often set higher because the pro is getting a part of that sale price for tournament support. It allows me to reach holes I cant with any other disc. The ESP Nuke has outstanding grip and distance. tax This product cannot be ordered at the moment. Cookie Notice Most affordable plastic Innova offers. ESP FLX is used on a limited number of discs. Free shipping for many products! The former is my understable choice, the latter for headwinds and when Ive got danger to the right. It was 25 out and cold wind, so I couldn't throw it to its max potential but th. of Although that may limit the speed of the disc that we choose, with a variety of lighter weight plastic types available today, even less experienced players can generate enough speed to be able to throw the faster discs. Nuke=1.6 Zeus=1.9 0 Reply 3lobed 38 min. This is a. If you look at a website like InfiniteDiscs for example, their inventory for Destroyers is massive and the price of discs kind of compliments that with being cheaper than the Zeus. This disc has gone from my wind fighter, to my max distance backhand, to now my max distance forehand. The Zeus is currently available in Discrafts Swirly ESP plastic. | Verrassend Valencia, Vacances scolaires 2022-2023 ZONE C | Calendrier scolaire 2022-2023 de la zone C, 20 Popular Tortilla Brands Ranked From Worst To Best - Mashed, Granos en el pene: 10 causas y cmo tratar (incluye fotos), Clima y temperaturas en Chicago en cada poca y mes del ao, strange - Englisch-Deutsch bersetzung | PONS, Pokemon Infinite Fusion Download | PokemonCoders, Thermal Zone Mini Split Heat Pump User Manual, The 6 Most Powerful and Hardest Hitting Nerf Guns 2022 | NERF, Clima Chicago: temperatura, precipitazioni, quando andare, Mapas digitales gratuitos de Estambul | Pase turstico de Estambul, January 31, 2023 Ice storm hits the South and central US, Blaze Orange Hunting Requirements, by State (USA). Those include the Innova Destroyer and Wraith, the Discraft Zeus and Hades, and the Infinite Discs Emperor and Pharaoh. Glide 5. Nuke SS - Distance Driver: Speed 13 | Glide 5 | Turn -3 | Fade 3 | Stability 1.0. Each company had five molds on our list. Everybody knows that Paul McBeth is making a big splash in 2019 for Discraft sales, especially with his new line of discs which launched with the Zeus driver (originally announced as the Kong) and the Luna putter. Even when plastic can be described in detail, the best way to find out what works best for your game is to hit the course. Turn-1. And MVP made the list with the Wave. Champion Plastic is more stable than most plastic blends. It flies further for me than any speed 9 discs. And finally, we considered what you our blog readers and social media followers said when asked the question: What do you think is the best disc golf driver. Longer drives are now as easy as pushing a button: NUKE delivers virtually effortless maximum distance for moderate to expert players. Zeus, and Nukes, and Destroyers, oh my! Base plastics beat in fasterand also tend to lose stability quickly, becoming somewhat unpredictable. Most of us have since come to understand that higher speeds mean that we have to be able to throw faster in order for them to fly the way they were designed. Personally, Im better able to shape shots with a destroyer and really get a full flight from it. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. This is a hard translucent plastic that is available in vibrant colors. With a 10, 5, -1, 2 flight rating, the Aztec delivers surprisingly long drives, with a stable flight and a solid finish. High Speed Driver? Zeus, and Nukes, and Destroyers, oh my! The Destroyer will probably feel more comfortable and is a better disc for intermediate players. ESP plastic is a highly durable line. In comparison, the Nuke and Zeus will require more power to throw and are better for a faster arm speed and more advanced players, fading hard without the needed speed. The Zeus will get flippier faster in my experience, similar to destroyer vs. boss. The Discraft Thrasher joins the Hades and Avenger SS as the most understable molds of our distance drivers. But it doesnt yet appear to be a complete take-over. But it is easy to see how Discrafts market share was given a serious bump with Paul McBeths switch. This disc is made in a variety of Discraft plastics. As you may expect, the Nuke is rated nearly identical to our previous 2 distance driver options, but instead of a speed of 12 like the Zeus, or a speed of 11 like the Surge, the Nuke comes in with a speed rating of 13! Right now Im really digging the Dynamic Discs Tresspass, The shyrke is so good and a staple in the bag, Innova Star SL is a massively underrated disc. Who will reign supreme and claim. I love the speed and predictability the Nuke has brought to my bag. The Discraft Nuke is one of the most popular distance drivers in the world. Speed 13. This fast flying driver has an ultra-thick rim (2.5cm) and maintains maximum speed for a long time. How is the nuke not on any of these lists I mean I definitely bag a destroyer a hades and a few others but I feel like any disc golfer that throws discraft at all has a nuke of some kind. But discraft rates it as less stable than a Zeus. ago Because it is. Select Discs Weve shown you the total sales and reviews for the top drivers of 2020. This overstable driver is popular among stronger players due its turn resistance and strong fade. Last week we looked at all drivers, (check out those results here) but this week we will narrow the criteria and limit the candidates to speed 10 and higher discs. I love the variation in the flight patterns of the different molds. Fade 3. The Nuke is a max speed distance driver that has become a mainstay in the line up for its consistency and. Turn-1. Make sure to check out all of our overstable distance drivers! Still inconstistent from mold to mold, however. Z-Line is Discrafts most durable plastic blend. Where the Surge may be slow version of the Zeus, our next disc is the faster version, and that disc is the Discraft Nuke. It is such a nice disc if put on a hyzer and just ripped it flips up to flat and is just gone. Great flight path for me! You check out and purchase a Big ZNuke from our online shop (seen above). The Zeus is a maximum speed distance driver. Wraith. Several companies crashed the Innova-Discraft party with this list. Please note: Disc colors and stamp will vary, weight range 160-176g. In Blizzard plastic micro bubbles make this super lightweight and even good for kids. You can check out the ESP Zeus and Big Z Zeus(seen above) in our shop. Then we will consider your votes for a week, and declare the winner. However, rather than try to dissect how each brand was affected and whether or not they were hurt or helped by the pandemic, we just presented the sales numbers for the year and made our top selections from the those numbers. Three companies make up the list of 13 molds that made it to the top. A high rating and a lot of reviews translates into a desirable disc. Sorry, the content of this store can't be seen by a younger audience. Just wanting to see if 1 speed will make a difference with other numbers being the same. Once it beat in, it has become easier for me to throw farther without fading too early. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates on new products and promotions. Star plastic tends to be skippy and stable. to The Nuke is a distance driver made for power throwers with a thick rim and fast speed. Being from the midwest with all its windy glory, the Nuke is definitely a disc name you hear a lot. 2036 N Gilbert Rd Ste 2 #136 Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. What MVP Discs Will Simon Lizotte be Throwing? Discraft Zeus vs Nuke vs Destroyer: Which Is Best? Nuke - Distance Driver: Speed 13 | Glide 5 | Turn -1 | Fade 3 | Stability 1.6. Pro plastic beats in faster and tends to be more understandable. Z Line plastic is known for its durability. Discraft's Nuke and Zeus are overstable maximum distance driver suited well for faster arms. Most players will pretty quickly realize the need for a trusted stable to overstable driver. From the shallow rim and perfectly shaped edge, to the soft and grippy feel of the ESP plastic, this driver will elevate high speed arms to the next level of competition. The sales for the Destroyer spiked once Paul made his announcement in the end of 2018, due to a collectors market that knew the stamp would change. The nuke is the most equivalent in my opinion. Past month; as described, very fast shipping! Although the Avenger SS is already a popular mold, having the disc released with touring pros stamps on them, like so many of the top selling discs do, definitely boosts sales. That series continues this week with a look at a Delawa, This post on pro tips for disc golf in bad weather, is the fourth post in a series designed to help you elevate your game. What may be more surprising is the new kid on the block, Infinite Discs, claiming three spots on the list. While different manufacturers were affected to varying degrees, our list would most certainly look slightly different had the pandemic not occurred. But, its brisk sales this year indicates that there are a lot of players skilled enough to handle the overstability. For me, this disc works fantastically both forehand and backhand as a maximum distance driver. Discrafts version of the Destroyer would be the Zeus. Advanced Disc Search, Buy Despite its speed 13 rating, the mold can still be used by less experienced players. Another great driver by Innova designed to elevate a players game. Wraith in 140-146 gm works well for my lower speed arm as a senior player. Gateway Illusion. Glide 5. While this disc is ultra-fast, it is relatively stable for power throwers and had a Discraft stability rating of just 1.6. Being only a couple of months old, the Hades came out with a bang. More understable and beats in quickly. Since the Covid shutdowns that have occurred around the world have affected supply chains at all levels, it would be crazy to say that it didnt affect the sales numbers. The Zeus is available in Discraft swirly ESP and Big Z plastics. If you have not tried them out, please give it a shot. Only time will tell. Please note: Disc colors and stamp will vary, weight range 160-176g. It may also be a good choice for forehand throws. Which is your top choice? Favorite high speed distance driver is currently the Innova Mystere. It can handle a lot of power and will turn a fair amount, before kicking in that reliable fade at the end. This fast flying driver has an ultra-thick rim (2.5cm) and maintains maximum speed for a long time. Unlike our overall driver top ten list, there are a lot more understable discs on this list. Nuke - Distance Driver: Speed 13 | Glide 5 | Turn -1 | Fade 3 | Stability 1.6. results. Speed 12. Lets start by looking at the top selling distance drivers for 2020: These are the rankings based on reviews and ratings submitted by users on Infinitediscs.com. Seize the power! They are the same speed disc and are similar in flight and feel. As I said earlier, the predictability and distance you can get with this disc has had me hooked! Now its time for you to tell us about your favorite distance driver. Pick up one today to help reach that maximum distance!! Read full description Print preview Variant 160-166 grams Availability Out of stock Quantity: Price $19.99 excl. BOMBS AWAY. The destroyer is somewhat thinner making it great to grip. The Zeus still didn't exist. This distance driver has the same flight ratings as the Destroyer and Zeus. Detail, TOP-SELLING DISCS OF FEBRUARY, 2023 Premium plastics are usually harder(which can mean durable), but they tend to be more stable than other plastics of the same disc and provide less grip. And there is less fade than the overall average, 2 vs 3. The Nuke is an overstable maximum distance driver. Infinite Discs made the list with their popular driver that has a ton of glide, the Pharaoh. Discraft Nuke Discraft Big Z Nuke Discraft ESP Nuke Discraft Metallic Z Nuke Discraft Swirl ESP Nuke . The next ten spots include molds from seven different brands: The Aztec isnt even a year old, but it already has the best star rating of any of the distance drivers. You never know when hurricane-level winds are gonna pick upduring your round, and that's where these overstable distance drivers shine. and our In wind it is not the disc I would grab! The Nuke is a max speed distance driver that has become a mainstay in the line up for its consistency and usefulness for players of all skill levels. Yes. The Beast also has that flight rating, only it is a speed 10 disc. I was thinking Nuke OS, which is more stable than Zeus. Overall, these are great overstable options, especially in the wind. I guess well know more about ultimate pricing as the year moves forward. Disc golf products from leading manufacturers. And will hold up in super windy conditions. Its time to take another look at the dynamics of disc sales, but in the light of Paul McBeths move to Discraft from Innova as his sponsor. Since speed 12 is too fast for many players, the Wraith can be a great maximum distance driver for mere mortals. Dynamic Discs Judge vs. Doomsday BleakWorld Series of Putters Round 1, MVP Nomad vs. Divergent Discs NunoWorld Series of Putters Round 1, Streamline Pilot vs. Copyright 2023 Discraft Inc.. All rights reserved. These both have very predictable and consistent flights. At the opposite end of the stability spectrum from the Hades is the Discraft Force. Welcome to the top-selling discs report! The Force is a Paul McBeth signature disc for Discraft. It was as if we expected our drivers to jump out of our hands the moment we quit holding them tight. No. All Rights Reserved. Naturally, the average speed will be higher than the overall driver average, since overall includes control drivers, but the turn and fade are different, too. And with the right arm speed for each of these overstable discs, they can all have a nice turn that flips and then fades into ahard left fading finish. Select Discs Overstable Distance Driver. The Zeus has a fairly wide rim with a 2.3cm wing length. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates on new products and promotions. Mesa, AZ 85203. Please note: Disc colors and stamp will vary, weight range 160-176g. Here are the flight numbers for each of these disc golf discs: The overall differences are in the speed and the actual physical size of each disc (whicheffects the feel of the disc in your hand.) Find the disc you are looking for from our live inventory of 89,611discs! X Line is very grippy but is more prone to wear. He is responsible for the State of Disc Golf Survey articles and most of the "best discs" posts. Are the older, classic molds going to continue to stay at the top? The Prototype Zeus (originally called the Kong) was sold at a higher price of $19.99 at Infinite Discs, and now the First Run Zeus is still priced higher than the standard EPS plastic at $17.99. And will hold up in super windy conditions. When choosing a sidearm disc golf driver, the most significant factor to consider is off-axis torque.