Nearby attractions include Embleton Bay (3.5 miles), Low Newton by the Sea Beach (3.4 miles), and Beadnell Bay Beach (4.2 miles). Food was ok but very overpriced for what you got. The front door handle and window was broken and they patched it up with a piece of cardboard. It was great as initially I was the only one in, reasonable steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. Doxford Hall Hotel & Aqueous Spa, Chathill, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE67 5DN. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from Preston Tower, Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa is within a 10-minute drive of Northumberland Coast. Conveniently accessible from the A1 and as Northumberlands only four AA red star awarded hotel, in recent years its become very much a destination in its own right. . 179. We spent a night in Doxford Hall on 24/02/13, the Hotel is situated in beautiful idyllic countryside on beautiful grounds, our room (9) was lovely especially the bathroom with a large jacuzzi bath, though there is little need to spend a lot of time in the bedroom with so many splendid rooms throughout the hotel. A plug socket near the mirror (or a portable mirror) and a shelf in the shower for our toiletries and it would've been perfect. Our sprawling, 200-year old estate offers the perfect bolthole to reconnect with friends and family, with nature and the great outdoors.For Northumberland, 'England's last great wilderness', has it all. Min. 96% of travelers recommend this experience. Doxford Hall Hotel And Spa - 4-star Doxford Hall Hotel And Spa Chathill, located in 5 minutes' drive away from The Armstrong Household & Farming Museum, offers guests a free parking lot, a spa area and a sun terrace. Lovely country hotel, perfect weekend treat. Doreen's Black Pudding Mushroom . Grab 20% Off on Your Doxford Hall First Purchase. Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Doxford Hall Hotel and Spa is a 4 stars Hotel in Alnwick (North East, England), United Kingdom, with the address at Chathill, having a 9 rating average based on 8 reviews. COLD starters are not to everyones taste - literally so advise me before I choose. Coastal courses just metres from the beach, championship courses and challenging nine hole courses offer a range options whatever your ability. If you would like to bring a dog with you please ensure that you have requested one of our dog friendly bedrooms at the point of booking. I think he had to finish Faceboooking first. Doxford Park (known locally as Doxy Park) is a suburb of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, located to the south-west of the city centre.Once part of the historical township of Silksworth in the Middle Ages, Doxford Park consisted of agrarian land and a manor before being constructed into a modern housing estate in the 1960s. We are so pleased you all enjoyed your time with us. The gardens boast a collection of over 4,000 plants, thousands of seasonal blooms and many opportunities to get wet and play in The Gardens water sculptures. My husband told them it was our wedding night when he made the reservation, and if the best room became available that we would take it. Chathill, near Alnwick . The area. https://www.robertparkercollection.co.uk/doxford/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2017/11/alnmouth-beach.jpg, https://www.robertparkercollection.co.uk/doxford/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2020/02/doxford-hall_jr-_-arrival-with-porter02019.jpg, https://www.robertparkercollection.co.uk/doxford/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2020/02/doxford_waiter-12116.jpg, https://www.robertparkercollection.co.uk/doxford/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2020/02/doxford_ext-3658.jpg. This place was a stark contrast to all the great service, people, and attention we just had. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. Continuously owned by just one family line since the 1200s, this fine stronghold is open to the public to see the alarming dungeons and torture chambers as well as the beautiful parkland and manicured gardens. Located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from Preston Tower, Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa is within a 10-minute drive of Northumberland Coast. 41 Bedrooms. Circa Date: 1817-18 w/20th & 21st century alterations and additions. It is a very narrow entrance, heavy old door, and mind you we have large bags ,and I'm still in my wedding dress having just left our reception at the beautiful Alnwick treehouse. The room was very simple and I've had better, it definitely was not the worth the price paid. We attended for a spa day as part of a 50th birthday celebration. The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh, Alnwick Garden, beautiful beaches and the Northumberland National Park are all just a short drive away. At Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa, guests enjoy a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a gym. Lord Runciman, the First Viscount Runciman of Doxford, had moved to his other home on the Isle of Eigg, leavng the house to be used by the State. Set in the heart of Northumberland, every wedding held here is tailored to the couple's specific ideas and requirements . Thank you for your feedback regarding the entrance this will be passed to our gardeners who look after our country house estate. Roast Tomato . We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and you enjoyed all aspects of time with us. We say " oooh it sets us up for the day does a good breakfast " " I never have all this at home but when on holiday I like a treat " AGREE ?? England. Room was nice & big with 4 poster. Downstairs bathroom which wasnt ideal after a few beers but not the end of the World, We were all surprised how spotlessly clean the whole place was and we all agreed that we would definitely stay at the cottage again. We had booked the second most expensive room in the hotel since the best room was booked. The pool, steam room & sauna are very nice if a little small and we never got the chance to sample any of the spa facilities.The breakfast in the morning was very nice with a large selection of both cold and hot food.For me the whole experience was perfect for a nice relaxing weekend away from it all, I cannot wait to experience it again. Too few staff ? Payments made by partners impact the order of prices displayed. Awarding Winning Doxford Hall is a perfect Northumbrian hotel for weddings, conferences, leisure breaks. ) TRAFFIC ADVISORY - Road Maintenance (Hillsborough County) Roadways Affected: N Columbus Dr (N 24th St - N 27th St) E 17th Ave (N 28th St - N 24th St) Dates: January Vouchers are for single redemption with no change issued. We finished our breakfast quick and left immediately on to our stay at Linthwaite House in Cambria. How many of you cook scrambled eggs ? 97 reviews. The front door handle and window was broken and they patched it up with a piece of cardboard. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at info@robertparkercollection.co.uk. Peaceful surroundings in well maintained gardens. Doxford Park (known locally as Doxy Park) is a suburb of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, located to the south-west of the city centre.Once part of the historical township of Silksworth in the Middle Ages, Doxford Park consisted of agrarian land and a manor before being constructed into a modern housing estate in the 1960s. restore. I paid a further 96 for two treatments (facials) therefore 151 for the two of us which at . On behalf of the entire team we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa. Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa boasts unrivalled attention to detail in every area. Free parking. By choosing to Subscribe you consent to receive email communications from us. A beautiful location near to Alnwick castle with lovely grounds and great service. more, Inner Farne National Trust Bird Sanctuary - 3 hr trip to the Farne Islands, Farne Islands Longstone Lighthouse 2-Hour Trip from Seahouses, Durhams Landmarks and Legends: A Self-Guided Audio Tour, Holy Island, Alnwick Castle & The Kingdom of Northumbria from Edinburgh, Hadrian's Wall & Borders Tour from Edinburgh(*inc. entrance from 1st April 2023), Private Family Bird of Prey Experience in Carlisle, Alnwick Castle as Featured in Harry Potter and Scottish Borders Day Trip from Edinburgh. WiFi is free in public spaces. check_circle_outline Book now - pay at the property. The chicken was small but OK, for that sort of price, you would expect the rest of the dish to be complimentary, the orange vegetable accompaniment was so strongly flavoured, it killed the taste of the chicken. Tapping, noises and groans abound; the team takes a primarily scientific approach. There are quainter, better kept, great serviced B&B's near the town centre. The room was very simple and I've had better, it definitely wasWe did not get married here, but we spent our wedding night here. The Doxford Hall Gift Card from 17.50 on Doxford Hall is available in January. 99% of travelers recommend this experience. 07792 915907 dolbyandhughes@gmail.com. Built in 1818, our much-loved country house, the epitome of Georgian splendour, has been lovingly restored over the years, including a wealth of exquisite craftsmanship, including fine wood panelling and a grand handmade staircase. Coordinates. "The hotel is comfortable and easy to reach by public transport. Youll often see seals hauled up on the sand as well as the abundance of bird species. doxford hall ghost. A wonderful ful base for our coastal walks with a little luxury to look forward to at the end of a long day of windy walks. Chillingham Castle: Save your money! Doxford Hall Hotel and Spa. $$ - $$$ Cafe British Vegetarian Friendly, $$ - $$$ Bar British Vegetarian Friendly. #1 of 3 things to do in Chathill. Yes, free parking is available to guests. We felt that that parts of the hotel needed refurbishment and thought that the level of cleanliness in our room was . We are so pleased you enjoyed every aspect of staying with us. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Robert Parker Collection 2023. Robert Parker Collection 2023. Conveniently located restaurants include Rocking Horse Cafe & Gallery, The Horseshoes Inn, and The Stable Yard. Can you ? Its an easy, flat route that takesin attractive sand dunes, wildflowers and views to the nearby Farne Islands. 31,098 were here. The Wowcher deal was 55 for the two of us - that included a 2 course lunch and 1 hour use of the Spa facilities. from . Meet the Team at Doxford Hall Doxford Hall's enviable location and fine Georgian architecture might be the hook that entices guests to book a stay, but it's the closely-knit team at the heart of the hotel that makes them return, not the bricks and mortar. You can visit the spa to indulge in deep-tissue massages, facials, or aromatherapy, and international cuisine is served at George Runciman, which is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 30,492 were here. Full view. And when its time to swap the great outdoors for the great indoors youll be rewarded with a very warm welcome, a comfy bed and top-notch cuisine. At Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa, you can look forward to free cooked-to-order breakfast, a terrace and a garden. Yes, the driving distance between Newcastle (Station) to Doxford Hall Hotel And Spa, Chathill is 42 miles. I purchased this Spa Day on Wowcher. Stayed for a night in room 42, which is one of the coach houses, for our anniversary. I purchased this Spa Day on Wowcher. Doxford Hall has all the ingredients for a memorable getaway, whatever the occasion. We do hope that you mentioned you were unhappy with the room on arrival and that we were able to immediately rectify this for you. Do you cook them a couple hours in advance and leave them in a Bain Marie to keep warm for guests who request it ? Plenty of parking. Doxford Hall provides free parking . Slow check in, just one young man who was also showing customers to their rooms so took an age. Doxford Hall Hotel and Spa offers you a truly unique and enchanting venue for your special wedding day. Designed for every season, its a joy for all the senses and a truly 21st century experience full of imagination, inspiration and fun. doxford hall ghost Duxford Hall Hotel is a beautiful location and overall, the hotel is well maintained. Please see our partners for more details. Beautiful building. - Read 830 reviews, view 428 photos, and find great deals for The Schooner Hotel at Tripadvisor This 31-room, 4-star hotel has free breakfast, a full-service spa, and an indoor pool. We did not get married here, but we spent our wedding night here. Large comfortable rooms with large screen TV, well equipped bathroom and excellent WiFi. Loftus Hall is a large country house on the Hook peninsula, County Wexford, Ireland.Built on the site of the original Redmond Hall, it is said by locals to have been haunted by the devil and the ghost of a young woman. The Threshing Hall is the jewel in the crown at Doxford Barns. My bedroom was large and spacious and very comfortable. Churchfields succeeds our former flagship development in Doxford Park and incorporates a range of our renowned 3, 4 and 5 bedroom house types with a number of new designs. Underground Vaults & free drink in Megget's Cellar. Awarding Winning Doxford Hall is a perfect Northumbrian hotel for weddings, conferences, leisure breaks and fine. We had our wedding at the treehouse but had a lot of preparations happening in Doxford. Offering me an alternative 5-8 minutes later is not cure when my male partner has virtually devoured his steak at that stage. Not even a reserved table by the window or fireplace. Whether you're a local, new in town, or just passing through, you'll be sure to find something on Eventbrite that piques your interest. We stayed in a classic double room on the ground floor which looked exactly as pictured. As for Doxford Hall, I've been greeted better at a Motel 6. All public rooms are so inviting, and to enjoy nightcaps in front of the roaring fire was extra special! Surrounded by the A19, the suburb now houses one of the city's largest . A place to bring history to life and to view the stars under Englands finest dark skies. Small Group Ghost Tour incl. They are trying to be special, but they need to take the extra few steps and look at what they are doing to get there. Yes, pets are typically allowed, but it's always best to call ahead to confirm. The pool, hot tubs, steam room, sauna were all well maintained and very clean.Overall, we had a wonderful time and a huge thank you to the staff, they work round the clock and were always well presented and warming.Bad bits:Struggling.During the whole weekend the shower went cold once or twice.A choice of drinks in plastic bottles/cups would be nice in the spa. Show Prices. We were there in November 2022 and not working then although we didn't need it. The best way to get from Newcastle (Station) to Doxford Hall Hotel And Spa, Chathill is to train which takes 2h 19m and costs 18 - 35. As the only hotel in the county to be awarded the AAs coveted four red star rating, Doxford Hall is a truly wonderful place to start, develop or progress your career in hospitality. Exclusive Use. Couples in particular like the location - they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip. Discount automatically applied in cart. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and you enjoyed all aspects of time with us. Conveniently accessible from the A1 and as Northumberlands only four AA red star awarded hotel, in recent years its become very much a destination in its own right. We finished our breakfast quick and left immediately on to our stay at Linthwaite House in Cambria. The living room was cosy with a real fire which was lovely, decent sized dining room and an old but very clean kitchen. I visited Doxford Hall on 01/10/2020 for my Mam's 60th Birthday as a Mother Daughter Spa Day. We asked our server to remove the service charge so that we give leave her a tip directly. One of them looked like the bell boy, but he never looked up from the computer, nor assisted us as we obviously struggled to get the desk at the opposite end of the room. Baked Beans Yorkshire Free Range Eggs | Fried, Scrambled or Poached Country House: Yes. Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Owned and inhabited by the Percy family, Alnwick Castle is probably Britains most iconic castle and the film set for Harry Potter and Downton Abbey. Loftus Hall is a large mansion located in Wexford, Ireland. From our elegant restaurant and handsome library to the one-of-a-kind bedrooms and uninterrupted views across the gardens, we invite you to take a look around our home from home in rural Northumberland. My wife and I again visited Doxford Hall, this time for three nights with our daughter and son-in-law. We would definitely recommend the hotel and we are planning to return latter this year. #2 Best Value of 1,431 places to stay in Alnwick. The facilities (swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and relaxation room) were well managed and not overcrowded. For what they are trying to be in the restaurant, you dont expect to see a waiter continually drinking water from a bottle in the restaurant. International Journal of short communication Awarding Winning Doxford Hall is a perfect Northumbrian hotel for weddings, conferences, leisure breaks and fine. more. doxford hall ghost Thank you also for sharing with us certain aspects of your stay you feel we could have improved upon, this is valuable feedback. I unreservedly recommend you to anyone! Guests will also be provided with towels and robes during their spa visit. Diamond Head Hiking and Oahu Island Experience feat. One of them looked like the bell boy, but he never looked up from the computer, nor assisted us as we obviously struggled to get the desk at the opposite end of the room.