Thats probably not going to happen, but Eric Weddle made the most of a comeback, so he could too. https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/15/rams-andrew-whitworth-sean-mcvay-hall-of-fame-eligibility/, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. As has been said many times before; "it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Skill". Fisher is already out of the NFL, having been last seen attempting a position switch to tight end with the Buffalo Bills. The definition of a consummate Professional. Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly! "I think they can do it. He spent his first 11 seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals and his final five with the Los Angeles Rams. He and Joe Staley are both pretty close; I'd give an edge to Whitworth and wouldn't have issues if either got in. Three first-year eligible players among candidates Selection Committee will consider for Enshrinement. Too bad HBO didn't cancel Westworld after the second episode. 1 Comment. No way Whit gets in the HOF. February 15, 2022 But it's a joke anyway, just like the football one. Cant write it any better. Whitworth, the NFL's oldest active player, was in his fifth season with the Rams. On May 31, 2022, Whitworth appeared on The Pivot podcast with former NFL mainstays Ryan Clark, Channing Crowder and Fred Taylor to discuss Whitworths Super Bowl victory with the Los Angeles Rams, as well as his long and decorated career. Close. After all, if he hadn't left the Bengals in 2017, Zac Taylor might still be in LA, Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase might be on different teams, and the Bengals might have never made the Super Bowl. I am a student and a blogger all alone, Gurmeet. Your previous content has been restored. Whitworth played college football at LSU, where he twice received first-team All-SEC honors, and was selected by the Bengals in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft. Yeah, surprised and disappointed when it was cancelled although I could see where it had nowhere to go. Whitworth said on Pardon My Take that he doesnt believe hell be a Hall of Famer when its all said and done. It was also obvious to anyone who had seen Whitworth play recently that he still had plenty left in the tank. Very little chance. Latest on OT Andrew Whitworth including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com Hall of Very Good, but no way he makes the Hall of Fame. pic.twitter.com/od0OuLSmQq, Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) March 15, 2022. Menu Home; 2023 Finalists; Hall of Famers. Arguably the best OT in his era. I think its one of those things, its really what you want to go off of. Melissa was the 2003 Miss Louisiana, an award-winning Louisiana reporter, and won Cincinnati's version of Dancing With the Stars. Apparently, I wasnt the only one who was upset that Big Whit didnt retire as a Bengal. Offensive linemen don't necessarily have stats to compare like players at other positions do. Andrew Whitworth attends Launch of Actors & Athletes: Unions for Democracy at Jean-Georges Beverly Hills on July 17, 2022 in Beverly Hills, California. 2022 by My Site. He earned All-Southeastern Conference first-team honors in each of his last two seasons, including a consensus nod as a senior. I dont believe he had enough AP honors (as he had two AP seasons) or SB rings to make up for his lack of AP seasons. Not a first ballot. For reference (not in order). On Sunday, his 40th birthday, the 6-foot-7, 330-pound Whitworth will travel with the Rams to Arizona for a Monday night date with history. The second part of his career with the Rams has put him in the Hall of Fame conversation, being a Super Bowl champion, two-time All-Pro and Walter Payton Man of the Year winner. We're now in Year 15 for Whitworth overall and Year 4 of the future Hall of Famer's tenure with the Rams. Get the Daily OutKick and get smarter every day. The winning part of it is so dumb in a game like football that relies on so many other players and coaches on your team especially pre free agent days when you were stuck there. I respect that Whitworth played in the NFL for millennia, but I still dont believe he did enough in his bearded journey to be a greek god-like OL. Walking off as WPMOY might hold weight that an additional All Pro would have had in his career. PHOENIX - The NFL Players Association announced Damar Hamlin as the recipient of the 2023 Alan Page Community Award at its annual Super Bowl press conference on Wednesday. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Contrary to Sean McVays unbiased opinion on whether Whitworth deserves to be in Canton, I dont believe Whitworth should be cast into the HOF. The former offensive lineman gets his first regular-season shot in the booth when the Los Angeles Chargers take on the Kansas City Chiefs next Thursday night in Week 2 on Amazon Prime. With that stated, there is an intriguing and pivotal question regarding the former Rams All-Pro OT: Is Whitworth a future Hall of Famer? With four Pro Bowl selections and two first-team All-Pro honors, Whitworth has more than proved his worth as a starting left tackle which is one of the toughest positions to play in football. Los Angeles Rams offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth captured the NFL's highest honor. the Walter Payton Man of the Year. By Like T-Dub said, I have a feeling that positions like LT are graded out by HOF voters more on name recognition associated with a winning team/good QB instead of o-lineman metrics that they could use. Andrew Dice Clay played an unrecognizable slob shady record producer. Why Los Angeles? jhowdy54 He was credited with 104 key blocks/knockdowns. He had some seasons where he was contendingwith Williams/Peters, no? Year in and year out hes rated in the top 3 by PFF for OTs. The Thanos clone was a constant brick wall in his football career as an offensive tackle. Powered by Invision Community. While he is retiring, Whitworth isnt going to be sitting at home; hell be joining the Amazon broadcast crew for their Thursday Night Football broadcasts, starting in Week 2. CONGRATS BIG WHIT https://t.co/sTvTW1IJfC There's legitimately nobody more deserving (besides Joe Thomas) during his era. (Keith Birmingham/MediaNews Group/Pasadena Star-News via Getty Images). How will Patrick Mahomes ' limited mobility affect Kansas City? Its right up my alley. On April 1, 2020, Whitworth signed a three-year contract with the Rams. By not allowing a sack all season, he finished his career with 22 straight games of no sacks allowed. Follow him on Twitter. Fortunately for the Bengals, Brown came to his senses and both sides avoided the nuclear option with Whitworth signing a one-year extension. Though he is no longer with the team, the 40-year-old aggressive tackle said no time will change his familys love for Bengal. The Los Angeles Rams' Andrew Whitworth has been named the Walter Payton Man of the Year for 2021 at . In January 2013, for the first time in his career, Whitworth was named a left tackle on the AFC Pro Bowl team. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Cooper Kupp: Mvp speech| Madden 22 rating| Salary, Cris Collinsworth: Is retiring| Net Worth| Height| Retiring. They both share two first-team All-Pro nods, but the Cowboys veteran OT made four more Pro Bowls than Whitworth. Although, I might be misremembering his peak. March 15, 2022. What can't be disputed at this point is the idea that Andrew . Whitworth said he spoke to the Rams about potentially staying in the organization in some way or try to stay in football some other way, like in the broadcast booth. He started all sixteen games of the season, allowing just five sacks and helping running back Cedric Benson have a breakout year rushing for 1,251 yards. He got shorted too many pro bowls and all-pros. The Los Angeles Rams tackle and National Football League's Walter Payton Man of the Year will serve as the grand marshal for the WISE Power 400 on Sunday, Feb. 27. or redistributed. Rams left tackle Andrew Whitworth told his kids he was retiring on the field as they celebrated the Super Bowl win with him. Fresh off the Rams' 23-20 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in Super Bowl LVI, Whitworth will [] With that stated, Smith already separates himself from Whitworth. [15] He was placed on injured reserve the next day. Im not implying that Burrow needed to get hurt for the Bengals to be good, merely that his injury, as well as all these other factors, put the Bengals in the position to add some of the most generationally talented players in the NFL - players I am certain will lead Cincinnati to its first Lombardi Trophy. Whether he deserves it or not, I think the combo of WPMOY and SB title to end his career eventually will catapult him over guys in his tier. I do think sometimes it gets a little whats really the marker for getting into the Hall of Fame? Hall of Famers; 1st Ballot Hall of Famers . To highlight this historic mark, the Hall collected Whitworths game-worn jersey. "For me, the game of football is something Im very passionate about. (Rob Carr/Getty Images). Heritage Gallery Hall of Fame. The Rams defeated the Arizona Cardinals in their division matchup on Dec. 13 by the final score of 30-23. A native of Monroe, Louisiana, Whitworth attended West Monroe High School in West Monroe, Louisiana, where he played high school football for the Rebels under coach Don Shows and graduated in 2001. Hall of Fame.solid chance. Facebook; Twitter; Is Andrew Whitworth a Hall of Famer? Definitely not a first ballot, but might be able to get in down the line. Please check your email for a confirmation. And in McVays mind, he should be a first-ballot selection five years from now in 2027 when hes first eligible. And lead with your heart."@RamsNFL OT Andrew Whitworth delivers a moving #WPMOY acceptance But he did have a stretch of a couple All-Pro accolades, played for 15+ years, and now has a ring - and played at a very high level even at the late stage of his career. Whitworth and Pepsi debuted the "Pepsi 18 Week Pack" a tiny home which will provide the rabid NFL fan everything they need to watch the game. Andrew Whitworth is not inducted into any Hall of Fame to date. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. What might hurt Whitworths chances of making it to Canton is his lack of playoff wins. The podcast touched on numerous topics, such as family, free agency, meeting his wife, his being named the 2022 Walter Payton Man of the Year, but by far, the most interesting tidbit (at least to Bengals fans) was his admission that, if he were to be elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, he would likely do so as a Ram as opposed to a Bengal. It's a shame because there's an argument for a few Bengals that can be made if they should be in or not. Too bad he didn't wear a sticker on only one side of his helmet throughout his career, or perhaps a blue star. That being said, there is no argument as to why he shouldn't get it. Rams LT Andrew Whitworth doesn't think he'll make Hall of Fame Teams AFC East Bills Dolphins Jets Patriots AFC North Bengals Browns Ravens Steelers AFC South Colts Jaguars Texans Titans AFC. Andrew Whitworth is 6-7 (201 cm) tall. [19], After retiring in 2022, Whitworth joined Amazons Thursday Night Football crew as an analyst. Families program at the beginning of the season and pledged to donate $20,000 after each Rams home game. "Since the start of his career, Andrew Whitworth has dedicated himself to making a. September 8, 2022, 1:48 pm Munoz was just so good there was nothing that was gonna keep him out. I do think sometimes it gets a little whats really the marker for getting into the Hall of Fame? Andrew WhitworthLos Angeles RamsNFLNFL Hall of Fame. The Bowie impersonator was worth the price of the show as was guy who did the short Bo Diddly clip. And liked how it showed John Lennon was really a douche and having an open affair with May Pang (with Yoko's approval). In a recent interview with Fox News Digital, Whitworth said he has thought about being enshrined in Canton as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and believed his resume spoke for itself. I fell to my knees and told God I was tired of running. Loved it when he punched Andy Warhol. "When this concept came up, I was like this is unbelievable. Thus, it would not be. Whitworths former team will start their Super Bowl defense against a potential Super Bowl LVII contender Buffalo Bills on Thursday night. "But if you look at it on that list, if you played in that decade alone, much less I played longer in both decades Ive played in three of them, in the one decade (from 2010 to 2020), I won the most games, I went to just as many Pro Bowls, I went to a Super Bowl, I played the most snaps, right up there with the least sacks (allowed) if not the least, I was one of the highest graders of all those guys if you want to (look at) statistics of (Pro Football Focus), won the most division championships, I think only one other guy went to the Super Bowl, so I think its gone of those things like what do you want to measure it with, which I think its always so funny with quarterbacks sometimes, we flip the conversation whether theyre a winner or whether its statistics. Ian Miller No tackle has had this longevity to their career. "Obviously, you hear guys guys who have been here for a long time or guys who are trying to get in I think their take on who deserves to get in changes drastically over the years. Whitworth was rated by CNNSI.com as the sixth-best offensive line prospect in the nation. He was a part of three Louisiana Class 5A State Championship teams in 1997, 1998, and 2000 when the school was listed by the National High School Football Tony Poll as national champions for the last two. Fox News Flash top headlines are here. No idea why he continues to be overlooked. I don't know, I'm not popular enough," Whitworth said. Whitworth may never make it to Canton, but if he plays a few more years, makes a couple more Pro Bowls and wins a Super Bowl with the Rams, it might give voters something to think about. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. No. He will be looked back on as a dickhead but he's genuinely a good guy. Fox News Flash top headlines for September 7. Maybe. What a way to go out: pic.twitter.com/YTjn1upWPY. [11][12] In his first season with the Rams, Whitworth made it to his fourth Pro Bowl. They're playing our (GO Board) song how I feel at games anymore Donna Summer is in the RR Hall of Fame, The Moody Blues are not. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. 56 photos, Sign up for the Rams Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Former Los Angeles Rams tackle Andrew Whitworth was a key contributor during the Rams Super Bowl winning season in 2021. No matter if their team lost by 40 or not, like, I had a great day.. Ken Anderson hasn't even come close and has to wait for the senior comitee to even have a shot. He was credited with 96 key blocks, including 66 knockdowns, and played every offensive snap during a four-game stretch against Georgia, Florida, Troy, and Vanderbilt. Yet, the man himself doesnt think hell make it to Canton one day. Pasted as rich text. First established in 1970, the national award was renamed in 1999 after the late Hall of Fame Chicago Bears running back WALTER PAYTON. Hes Hall of Very Good, Hall of reliable, but I don't think he ever was regarded as the best at his position. In the All-2010s team, Jason Peters, Tyron Smith, Joe Staley and Joe Thomas were selected as the tackles. The Bengals might have missed out on Joe Burrow. The 4-time Pro Bowler has a Hall of Fame case You can debate where Andrew Whitworth ranks all-time among offensive linemen. (Leon Bennett/Getty Images), "Everyones after you. Neither panned out. Whitworth will have to wait five years to find out if the Selection Committee agrees that he belongs in the Hall of Fame. He spends most of his time golfing, eating as much pizza as humanly possible, reading about World War I history, and trying to get the remote back from his dog. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. ", Andrew Whitworth, of the Los Angeles Rams, stands up at the podium after the Rams defeat the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20 in an NFL Super Bowl LVI football game at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, Sunday, February 13, 2022. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Los Angeles Rams offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth has a very special place in the heart of most Cincinnati Bengals fans. "For me being retired, its why it resonated so much," Whitworth said of teaming up with Pepsi to unveil the "Pepsi 18 Week Pack." "I love the energy. Cincinnati Bengals fans and otherwise quickly hit social media to call for a reunion with Andrew Whitworth as a response to the team losing La'el Collins for the rest of the season. When discussing with Big Cat and PFT what he can do to boost his resume, Whitworth suggested he should post on Instagram how well he plays each week. But until then, Muoz remains alone. Los Angeles Rams left tackle Andrew Whitworth had a birthday celebration for the ages in Week 14 of the 2021 NFL season. Andrew Whitworth is that man. "No, I don't think so. Andrew James Whitworth[1] (born December 12, 1981) is a former American football tackle who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 16 seasons. "Keep investing in each other. He was named a First Team All-Pro in 2017 after all, his first season with the Rams. The last time the Los Angeles Rams had a dominant offensive lineman play into his 40s, Hall of. Andrew Whitworth capped a stellar NFL career with a Super Bowl championship with the Los Angeles Rams last season and moved from the trenches to the broadcast booth before the 2022 season.. Whitworth was a second-round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006 and played through the 2021 season, calling it a career at age 40.