Holger: Are there systems that are particularly innovative or that deserve particular attention? Did you set your cruise altitude on the overhead? What use is the most detailed systems simulation if I have to click through three sub-panels in critical phases of flight with high workload? Oski: I dont even have to go that far. Upload New File; Discussion. Movieman162, January 8, 2012 in PMDG 737NGX | 737NGXu, HiI have just done two flight in the 737-800NGX Winglets aircraft and on both at one point or another in climb i got the cabin altitude warning horn. In this situation, the thrust should drop away almost immediately. The bottom line is that PMDG has released a truly excellent product! In this way, I can at least compare between similar aircraft. . Should the autopilot control be realistic or simplified? PMDG enable their customers to equip their aircraft as they please the real aircraft is available in different configurations, and the same is possible in the simulator. Surprising, but its a fact. Oski: Stefan has already mostly answered this question. The exterior and interior model are based on the original blueprints from Seattle. OP is talking about a warning horn that sounds continuously. Feb. 2018 um 9:58 Ursprnglich geschrieben von They use entirely different methods of calculation and therefore cannot yield the same results. PMDGs customized, flight model with enhanced physics augmentation. Has PMDG thought of pilots like you? What is that sound for and how do I fix it/turn it off? Created by the most recognized and experienced team in desktop flight simulation, the PMDG 737 for Microsoft Flight Simulator is an incredibly detailed, feature rich simulation of the ubiquitous Boeing narrow body. Its enough to consider an engine failure at or shortly after V1 and the correct response to this problem. This was a release that the community has spent a long time waiting for after all, the airliner was initially announced for 2010. As the model is obviously very detailed and consists of very many polygons, less powerful systems display a skeletal airplane for a shorter or longer period of time as the image updates. Also, set the bleed valves to auto and the packs to auto. Maybe even too precisely? Once you start to achieve your first successes with this, you should be ready to hazard a step into a real Level D simulator and try your hand at the real thing. Well, in direct comparison with other 737 NG implementations I have to say that overall, the VC in those implementations is noticeably lower, making the view through the forward window less high and wider. After all, every animated object has to be calculated dozens of times per second light incidence, reflections, shadows. After starting engines set the top three switches to auto. There, I dont have these problems. this is my hometown and i want this really b, Wonderful My Father-in-law Bombed the Hell out of Bremen. As a user, you dont have total control over all sound levels except, that is, if you have some knowledge of the sound.cfg file and fiddle around with it. In such conditions, a flow experience will never come about. By the way, the setup option in the CDU allows the acoustic backdrop to be adjusted to personal taste again, this is a real innovation and one of the strengths of the product. Oski: To a certain degree: yes! To me, personally, the interaction concept of a panel is one of the topmost quality aspects of an aircraft add on. We have already reviewed the product from iFly. Holger: Oski, you fly with a multi-monitor setup, right? Representing years of work to to leverage the very best that Microsoft Flight Simulator can offer, the PMDG 737-900 is the fourth installment in PMDGs simulation of the magnificent Boeing 737NG series. houses for rent san antonio I think my Nvidea GeForce 9800 GT would give it a run for its money. Numerous user configurable options from throughout the global 737 operator fleet. The FAA didn't say there had been any in-flight failures of the switches. The investment has been worthwhile; with very high display settings, MyTraffic, ActiveSkyEvolution and REX2 clouds, the PMDG flies absolutely fluidly at a Mega airport with a good 20+x fps; at the gate, frames may dip to 12-15 on occasion. All they do is allow the packs to run at a lower airflow rate to improve fuel economy. Also set the altitude of the airport your landing at. Not entirely sure why, is that a return flight? The aircraft they have delivered this time round, however, is really quite beautiful and modelled in great detail; it even features a cabin that is visible from the external view, which is not really typical for PMDG. I hope PMDG for those who use multiple set up monitors and for more realistic the situation add the First Officer 2D Panel as well. Sign up for a new account in our community. I checked failiures since i just wanted a routine flight and there was none, however it the horn was sounding. available from Boeing. Originally posted by Extra300driver View Post. I dont know. Holger: The complexity is of course not restricted to the systems simulation but continues with the visual model. This page was generated at 03:28. Was the design team able to live up to the high standard in the area of graphics? In the final evaluation, though, my opinion is that the NGX is still comparable to other complex aircraft add-ons. Native PMDG datalink simulation compatible with simBrief integration. That this is also the case here is an absolutely positive indication for me that the aerodynamic fundamentals have been implemented realistically. Does the PMDG fly precisely? For FSX, this is a real quantum leap and the system is perfect for the PMDG 737 NGX. Rigid body physics for wing and tail surfaces. I could really feel the large mass pushing: The aircraft was quite unwilling to lose airspeed and altitude. As above. There is always something that hums, buzzes or beeps. Oski: I would indeed make this recommendation in those cases where this experience has been gained with older FS aircraft. I don't think those will cause the horn to go off. Don O2 Masks and establish communications (boom to mask in the ACP) 2. A 2D panel is simply more convenient for that. I'm very new for Sim and PMDG level software. PMDG has currently released the third hotfix for this issue, but some users continue to experience problems. Frank Schmidts review of the Diamond Katana might have something to do with that I now have an i7 Sandy Bridge processor (2600K) that runs at up to 3.8 GHz. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Once you have internalized the concept, you can conveniently operate the NGX to its full extent without any major investments in home cockpit hardware. But before we can award the reviewers choice to this add-on, PMDG needs to fix the CTDs for good and then we will follow through. So lets leave it at very good or excellent. A comparison would have to be made, though, across the whole range from the -600 to the -900. At this point I do not want to enter into the tiresome discussion about different V-speeds, for instance between TOPCAT and FMC. Dont forget in Flight Simulator, we move in a three-dimensional world where the position of the sun, the view of objects and the world, the depiction of weather as well as animations, systems logic and high-resolution textures have to be computed anew with every frame! Holger, on the other hand, has already been unlucky several times. Also in the case are eight GB of memory and an Nvidia GeForce 570. % <> It seems like this was achieved some other way All times are GMT. Wonderful! Leaving recirculation fans OFF would not prevent pressurisation. All they do is allow the packs to run at a lower airflow rate to improve fuel econ It is very nicely done and deserves a very good rating. There is an Alt horn shut-off button its on one of the pressurization panels, if you press that one you will get rid of the alarm sound for the rest of the flight. True. This makes sense because I presume the max cabin altitude is somewhere in the 8-9000 ft range, but my landing altitude was set to 10,900. Even in critical situations I can make all necessary inputs using my mouse hand without having to let go of the yoke, for instance to open a panel (I have a Saitek yoke/throttle unit and rudder pedals). I went to my doors page on the fmc and found that cargo hatch was left open and was unable to close it in the air. However, it said that in September, an unnamed airplane operator reported that both switches had failed on three different 737 models it tested. There is an amusing aspect to the image update of the NGX in the external view. For example : the landing gear warning horn sounds continuously if you are at flaps 15+ without the gear down. But I have every trust in the expertise of PMDGs team and in the communitys swarm intelligence. At least in normal conditions.The controllers are programmed and designed to never exceed maximum differential pressure between cabin and external air, this thing takes its part in the pressurization profile that controllers make when they know the desired crz altitude and landing altitude.Wrong data are only uncomfortable for passengers and crew.Different is for the manual mode where the pilot manually moves the valve.In this case there is only the overpressure protection wich will open the safety valves when maximum differential pressure is reached.There is no protection in manual if the airplane is de-pressurizing (except for the warning). You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. is there a way to increase the max cabin altitude setting that is allowed before the alarm is triggered. In the beginning, the acoustic backdrop seemed almost too loud to me, but if I hark back to the pre-9/11 era I recall that various airliner cockpit visits at the time really left a similar impression on me. PMDG Customer Forums. It really is a joy to work with. Which of the implementations conveys the most realistic feeling of space? Accurate resolution cockpit displays Doesnt seem that hard. Along with the advice above, may I recommend Emi's YouTube channel, which is a wealth of great information on everything 737. It's easy! This is an extreme feat, and to us lay people, it is hard to grasp that it is even possible to execute such a procedure many times a second without a hitch. From the extension of the flaps to the wing flex on takeoff! CRZ alt and DES alt was set correctly in the pressurization panel so what else should I be checking? Free customer support both at our customer forum and directly from our support team if necessary. Instead of raising the pitch to 15 and accelerating with a climb rate of at least 1000 fpm, it tiptoes away with 56 ANU and 500600 fpm climb rate. Quite simple: The better is always the enemy of the good. The US aviation watchdog has instructed airlines to inspect a pair of pressure switches found on all Boeing 737 airplanes over concerns that their failure could cause onboard oxygen levels to fall dangerously low. You never have the feeling that something might not be right. The reason is simple: The PMDG B737 NGX has really been simulated almost completely in all systems including Flight Guidance, of course. To me, the 737 NGX is by far the best and most innovative and so the most significant aircraft add-on in a long time. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Holger: Complexity is a term that is hard to define precisely in virtual aviation. This is because, strangely enough, the throttle quadrant does not have its own 2D panel. In 2003, by the way, he reviewed PMDGs Boeing 737 NG for FS2002 and FS2004, and he later went on to review the various Boeing 737 NG from Ariane, too. No doubt there will always be some room for discussion whether the trim sound, say, is too quiet or whether the spoiler extension on landing sounds quite so or a bit different. Stay up to date with what you want to know. <>>> Even though the systems simulation is extremely comprehensive, the aircraft itself, apart from the FMC, is not particularly complex, as long as you dont punish yourself with systems failures. The 2D panel concept has thus not been implemented completely, which I dont quite understand. All of these models will only be available for FSX; an FS2004 version is not planned after all, such a product already exists in the shape of version 1. The first steps are PPAA -> Power Performance Analysis Action to achieve safe single-engine flight; next, we want to restore system redundancy to the degree possible while of course not forgetting to navigate and under coordination with ATC to manoeuvre to a position from which, after re-programming the FMC, a single engine approach can be made to the departure airport, if this is possible from a meteorological and operational point of view. 510 minutes are enough to configure the rest of the systems for home use. There is a 12,000 foot mod. In such conditions, a flow experience will never come about. You always stop PACKS for Takeoffs & Landings too in case of a Go-Around. When I browse various forums and seeinexperienced simmers asking questions on the level of what button do I need to press to take off, I do have to say that a certain level of expertise is required. All times are GMT. WebCabin Altitude: Controllable or Uncontrollable 10,956 views Sep 26, 2020 190 Dislike Share Boeing 737 Pro 1.83K subscribers Following a rapid depressurization, this video shows No requests for older versions of an add-on, this is pointless almost always due to new features/fixes. Yes, MLD Scenery develops payware products for sale at SIMMARKET https://secure.simmarket.com/mld-sc, when is this gonna be launched, it is gonna cost money? Here, again, the fact is that we are not sitting in a Level D simulator but in front of a screen and those are two principally different worlds. But it doesnt do us this favour; instead, the engine spools down to zero quite calmly, which may be much more pleasant from a flyability point of view but does not correspond to reality. It is the same loud noise as the beep alarm that sounds when you aren't in takeoff configuration. And set the local altimeter coming down through the translation level. Also make sure ALTN is set to AUTO not MAN. This, too, is a credit to the developers: Consciously crossing the boundary of what had been thought possible to date and pushing it out true to the American pioneer spirit of bigger, faster, further. When I cant fix those I take out my headphones and just make a vroom sound to keep up the immersion. For example, this applies to the air conditioning sound and more seriously to all of the altitude callouts including the altitude warning. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. Even more so if it takes place at your PC at home with a system that may have cost 1.700,- in a generous case and can only deliver a corresponding performance. It added: "Addressing these failures requires immediate action.". Great review, a pleasure to read. Founder of AVSIM Online. And I also believe that you will quickly lose interest if you operate at the level of merely pressing buttons. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Airlines have been told to inspect 2 pressure switches on Boeing 737s over concerns they could fail. But this is in fact where one of the great strengths of the NGX may lie. The one question that remains is about the reviewers choice. Maybe I was just unlucky and happened upon one of these very few flaws. The CTDs occur sporadically, and the degree to which they occur depends on the PC configuration and any third-party add-ons that are installed. Also your yaw damper is off, turn that on on the ground. Should steel brakes or carbon brakes be simulated? Oski: In simming, expert is always a relative term. Or if I adjust the bank limiter instead of the heading bug? Stefan: Youre completely right. In the real world, after all, engineers go to incredible lengths to create a human-machine interface that is as optimal as possible this is true in many fields, but particularly in aviation. OMG this makes no sense, top three switches you could literally be talking about any number of switches lol, Also had this issue, good to have you guys around to help us learn this complex aircraft. A home PC in a standard configuration is enough. Simply ignoring the alarm will lead to an almost certain crash, as shown by flight Helios 522, which never pressurised and crashed due to fuel exhaustion. Do you have a link to the manual? Thanks. Am I doing something wrong in the procedures/checklists? No requests for links to similar sites like SimPlaza, 8. His task will be to chair this review and formulate the final verdict. The depiction is clear and has very good performance within the limits of the available data after all these do come from the FSX terrain model. This is fun! There would be an audible alarm, though not cabin alt horn, but master caution alarm, if UNSCHED DES is present. The image galleries on airliners.net dont really help either, because many of the images have been post-processed and stretched. Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG) has followed suit and recently released their interpretation of the Boeing 737 NG. Stefan: A few months ago I treated myself to a new computer because I finally wanted to max out FSX and be prepared for products like the PMDG 737NG. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. After this review, we will write a comparison between PMDG and iFly. And at this point, I again need to make an important digression: As usual, I have read the whole spectrum of assessments in the PMDG forums from too sensitive to too sluggish. Webzales outlet legit globaltel add money procgen mansion generator. Most simmers aren't messing with that switch, I would guess. The Boeing 737 NGX is certainly not an airplane that can be recommended in good faith to an absolute novice. The directive applies to 9,315 Boeing 737 planes worldwide, including around 2,500 in the US. PMDG 737 for MSFS. By the way: This is the second part of our three-part 737 NG review special. I think I just forgot to turn the L and R recirc fans back on after engine start. You will never be able to learn to fly using a computer simulation, but you can certainly operate a B737 using correct systems procedures this add-on proves that beyond a doubt. PMDG 737 Cabin Altitude warning. Sound environment built using recordings from a purpose-instrumented airplane recording effort. And there is an almost unlimited range of solutions to this problem. With winglets or without. Which of the implementations conveys the most realistic feeling of space? Finally, Holger Kistermann. Is the first impression misleading? In the PMDG, the whole panel is somehow less wide, everything in the VC seems more confined. Or if the FMC crashes completely because sloppily programmed clickspots cause me to flip the wrong switch on the overhead and power down the flight computers? In general I do have to say that the FMC runs quite stably and without errors. Let me put it like this: The NGX autopilot makes about the same errors as a real autopilot and to a degree that is definitely justifiable and does not to be corrected. But please give PMDG a bit of time its not even two weeks since the release yet. Stefan: As a longtime model maker I can answer this with a clear and I admit slightly surprised yes. The aircraft they have delivered this time round, however, is really quite beautiful and modelled in great detail; it even features a cabin that is visible from the external view, which is not really typical for PMDG. Did you set your cruise altitude on the overhead? By default its at 10,000 and if your cruise level is going to be 35,000 feet for example you need PMDG Simulations Official youTube content to aide new PMDG 737 pilots in getting the most from their purchase. It repeatedly happened to me that the flight path displayed on the ND contained inconsistencies. And this is something I dont really understand, because if you do have a little systems knowledge, you can quickly prepare the airplane for flight, and you will definitely have a more profound experience. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, is there a way to turn off this warning/alarm? I did not find any function that displayed any obvious errors. What is essential to me as a lay person is the overall atmosphere, and that is definitely believable.